eir launches new 12-month contracts for broadband and phone
In addition to shorter contracts, eir's broadband and phone customers also get free access to eir Sport
Recent research published by Switcher.ie shows that one of the biggest reasons why consumers don’t switch providers for household essentials is because they don’t want to get tied into a contract.
Shorter contracts for eir’s broadband and phone customers
The news that eir is reducing the minimum-term of its dual-play contracts - from 18 months to 12 months - will be really appealing to anyone who doesn’t want to be tied down for longer than necessary.
These broadband and phone deals are also discounted for the first three months, as follows:
- The Broadband & Off Peak Mobile + eir Sport plan costs €45 per month for the first 3 months, and €62 per month thereafter, which amounts to a first-year cost of €693. The plan includes unlimited super-fast 100Mb fibre broadband, and unlimited off-peak national calls to landlines and mobiles.
- The Broadband & Unlimited Mobile and UK Calls + eir Sport package is reduced to €30 per month for the first 3 months, and €70 per month after that. This means the year 1 cost is €720. The plan includes unlimited superfast 100Mb fibre broadband and unlimited anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles.
- The Broadband & International Calls + eir Sport plan could work well for anyone who has relatives living further afield. The bundle gives you unlimited superfast 100Mb fibre broadband and unlimited anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles, as well as to defined international landlines and mobiles. It costs €35 per month for the first 3 months and €75 per month thereafter, giving a year 1 cost of €780.
All of these plans come with a free modem and free installation - so there are no up-front costs.
Free eir Sport for broadband customers
This summer, eir announced that it was rebranding Setanta Sports as eir Sport.
Since then, all eir broadband customers get access to the eir Sport pack - which includes eir Sport 1 and 2, BT Sport 1, 2 and 3 and BT Sport ESPN - for free.
eir broadband customers can access the channels via the eir Sport app, or on their laptop. And when they do, they’ll be getting content like:
- Barclays Premier League games
- Every UEFA Champions League game
- Exclusive Europa League games;
- FA Cup games;
- European Rugby Champions Cup games
- All Formula 1 races;
- Live Allianz League GAA games; and
- The Masters.
eir Sport has also secured all the Republic of Ireland rights to the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
So, if you’re looking to switch broadband provider, but you also want access to great sports content for free, you may want to take a look at these eir bundles.
And don’t forget, the contract length is only 12 months, so no need to worry about being tied into a really long term.
Take a closer look at eir’s broadband and phone deals