Premier League season is upon us - here are the games you can watch at home
The Euros have only just finished but, believe it or not, football is back on our screens again!
We’ve had a summer full of football and, only a few short weeks after the Euros, the Championship and Premier League are back on our screens this weekend, and the Champions League action will be ramping up this month too.
Depending on which sports pack you have, you’re going to have access to different matches. eir Sport launched last month with an impressive sports line-up coming free for all eir broadband customers, while Sky Sports stays true to form with some of the biggest clashes.
Here’s what’s coming up in August….
Over on Sky, there are a whopping 11 Premier League games to be enjoyed this month, with all of the action kicking off tomorrow at 12.30pm, with Hull vs Leicester City on Sky Sports 1.
On Sunday, the coverage continues with Bournemouth vs Manchester United at 1.30pm, and Arsenal v Liverpool at 3.30pm. Monday will see Chelsea face West Ham at 8pm, and you can catch that match on Sky Sports 1.
Over the next few weeks, the following matches will also be shown on Sky Sports 1:
- Manchester United vs Southampton, 8.00pm, Friday 19 August
- Stoke City vs Manchester City, 12.30pm, Saturday 20 August
- Sunderland vs Middlesbrough, 1.30pm, Sunday 21 August
- West Ham United vs Bournemouth, 4.00pm, Sunday 21 August
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 12.30pm, Saturday 27 August
- West Bromwich Albion vs Middlesbrough, 1:30pm, Sunday 28 August
- Manchester City vs West Ham United, 4pm, Sunday 27 August
Sky Sports will also be showing 6 Championship games between now and the end of August, including Derby County’s clash with Aston Villa on Saturday 20 August and Newcastle United vs Brighton and Hove Albion on the 27th.
If you don’t have Sky Sports, but you don’t want to miss out on watching these games from the comfort of your own home, you can check out Sky’s bundle offers here.
The Barclay’s Premier League action on eir Sport kicks off tomorrow, 13 August, with Manchester City vs Sunderland at 5.30pm. Later in the month, eir Sport will be showing Leicester City vs Arsenal on 20 August at 5.30pm and Manchester United fans will be able to catch the side when they face Hull at 5.30pm on 27 August.
eir Sport also has plenty of UEFA Champions League games this month, across eir Sport and BT Sports channels, to keep fans entertained. These fixtures will be of particular interest to Dundalk fans, as eir has just confirmed that viewers will be able to catch the side’s clashes with Legia Warsaw on BT Sport 3.
The full list of games that eir Sport customers will be able to view is as follows:
- On Tuesday 16 August at 7.45pm, Young Boys vs Borussia Mönchengladbach will be on eir Sport 1, while BT Sport 2 will show Steaua Bucharest vs Manchester City;
- On Wednesday 17 August at 7.45pm, eir Sport 1 will show Celtic vs Hapoel Beer, BT Sport 3 will have Dundalk vs Legia Warsaw and BT ESPN will be broadcasting Porto vs Roma.
- At 7.45pm on Tuesday 23 August, you can catch Hapoel Beer vs Celtic on eir Sport 1, Legia Warsaw vs Celtic on BT Sport 3, and Roma vs Porto on BT ESPN.
- On Wednesday 24 August at 7.45pm, Borussia Mönchengladbach’s game against Young Boys will be shown on BT Sport, while Manchester City vs Steaua Bucharest will be on BT Sport 2.
Remember, if you’re an eir broadband customer, you’ll get access to the eir Sport pack for free. So if you’re not an eir customer at the moment and these fixtures look good to you, eir’s broadband plans might be of interest.
Later this month, Virgin Media will be adding Sky Sports Mix to its standard package to replace eir Sport 1. However, if you want access to live games, you may need to consider a sports add-on. You can see the details of Virgin Media’s TV plans here.
Make sure you don’t miss a minute: Compare TV deals