Blue Monday? Not if you can save hundreds on your bills!
Don’t let this Monday’s blues take hold...
Supposedly, today is the most depressing day of the year.
The weather, the amount of time since Christmas, the level of debt we’re in (as our first credit card bills of the year arrive!) and falling off the wagon with our New Year’s resolutions, are all contributing factors in making this ‘Blue Monday’.
Several articles online recommend planning an activity - like exercise, for example - to distract from the gloominess of the day.
One such activity, which could really improve your mood, would be taking some time to review your broadband and energy plans and making a switch to a new supplier - it could save you hundreds of Euro!
Compare energy deals and save
Research has shown that many of us stick with standard energy tariffs - despite them costing us more than the other deals that are out there.
In fact, you could save up to €331 by switching from standard energy tariffs to the cheapest deals on the market.
It only takes a few minutes to compare deals and make a switch, so it’s a big return for minimal effort!
Make a switch and get up to €330 off your broadband, TV and phone plan
For triple-play deals, there are actually discounts of up to €330 available on some plans, which represents a massive saving.
It’s worth taking the time to review the offers that are out there, as not only will you save money, you may get additional features and benefits, too. For example, certain providers are offering cashback, free Netflix or free installation, to new customers at the moment.
Win with Switcher.ie
On top of the offers we’ve got from providers, we’re also running a competition on Facebook to ease the Blue Monday blues!
You can WIN a €100 One4All gift card, which would be a nice January treat.
Simply take a look at the competiton on our Facebook page to enter. Full T&Cs are below.
Competition terms and conditions
By entering this competition, you accept our Terms and Conditions as set out below:
- The competition will run for one day Monday the 16th of January (the “Competition Period”) on the Switcher.ie Facebook page. The closing time for entries is 23.59pm on Monday 16th of January 2017.
- Entry to the competition is free. To enter the competition, you must ‘Like’ the Blue Monday Facebook and post a comment.
- Everyone who likes the posts and writes a comment, will be entered into the prize draw for an overall winner. The winner will be chosen at random by computer from all qualifying entries. The result is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- You must be a resident of Ireland aged 18 or over to enter this competition. Employees of Switcher.ie - or Switcher Limited - and their families, agents, or anyone directly associated with the running of this competition, may not enter. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entries sent in through agents, third parties, bots or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. At Switcher.ie’s sole discretion, it reserves the right to bar you from participating in the competition.
- Within 72 hours of the closing time, we will make further contact with the winner to obtain the necessary details to send them the prize. The winner will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize and will supply us with their contact details (full address and telephone number) to enable us to send on the prize within three working days.
- If the winner does not respond within the stated time, or is not able or available to accept the prize beyond reasonable control, Switcher.ie reserves the right to draw another winner from the entries that were received before the closing time. Switcher.ie will not be held responsible for any delays or problems with the delivery of Prizes due to reasons beyond its control.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Switcher.ie will publish the winner’s name on our Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Completion and submission of a valid entry will be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Switcher.ie reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if, at its sole discretion, it cannot be conducted as specified. Switcher.ie also reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if this is unavoidable.