What are broadband bundles?
Broadband and phone bundles are packages that include broadband, along with one or more other service like:
- home phone
- digital TV
- mobile phone
in one package from the same provider.
Why should I bundle my broadband?
If you live in a household that needs a traditional TV package, decent broadband, and a home phone plan, you will usually save by opting to go for a broadband and TV bundle, a broadband and phone bundle, or by getting all three in one package from the same provider.
How do I bundle my broadband, phone and TV?
Bundling is really easy - just take a look at the table above and you’ll see all of the best broadband packages available from Irish broadband providers.
If you don’t want to switch your broadband provider, but you want to add on another service, like TV or phone, your broadband provider may offer you a good deal on the new service.
What can I bundle?
Broadband & Phone
Often, you’ll be required to have a phone line in order to get broadband from certain providers, so it can be convenient - and cheap - to bundle a home phone deal with your broadband package.
Lots of Irish broadband providers offer phone and broadband packages, including:
There are loads of broadband & phone packages to choose from, and you’ll need to decide whether you want to opt for calls to landlines only, or you’d like to be able to call mobiles, too.
Broadband & TV
You will usually save by opting to bundle TV and broadband together, and you’ll only need to deal with one provider, rather than two separate ones, which can be handy.
Broadband, Phone & TV
If you bundle broadband, phone and TV together, you can make significant savings, compared to getting them all from different providers - some providers offer huge discounts to new customers.
How do I compare bundles?
There are a number of key things you should consider when you’re comparing bundles:
- Price. For most people, price will be the most important factor when it comes to choosing a broadband package.
- Broadband speed. After price, speed is the most important thing to consumers when they’re choosing between broadband providers. The speed you can get will depend on the broadband provider you go for and the type of broadband available where you live.
- Contract length. Most broadband and phone contracts are 12-18 months long, so check this before signing up. Also make sure you know when your discount period ends, and how much you will pay after that.
- TV channels. You will need to go for a plan that covers the TV channels you can’t live without. You should also consider whether or not you want any extras, like sports channels or Sky Cinema.
- Calls package. Check what’s included and opt for the plan that suits you best - some plans include calls to mobiles, and others only cover landlines.
- Installation costs. Take a look at the installation costs, as well as the monthly costs. Some providers offer free installation, while with others there’ll be an upfront charge.
What if I don’t want a bundle?
If you only need one service - like broadband or TV - rather than a bundle, there are lots of broadband-only plans and standalone TV deals to choose from, so you’re sure to find a deal that suits you.