Getting started with Sky Box Sets
In a short few years, the entertainment landscape has changed from one where our viewing choices are dictated by channels and ad breaks to services offering up plenty of on demand and streaming content which viewers can choose to view and enjoy as they want.
Sky Box Sets are proving to be a worthy opponent of the previous non-contract giants like Apple TV and Netflix.
With Sky Box Sets you can watch the shows everyone’s talking about, right from the very beginning. As a Sky customer, you can enjoy Sky Box Sets on your Sky+HD box when you take the HD Pack with the Sky Original TV Bundle HD or the Sky Variety TV Bundle HD.
As well as improved colour and sound, the Sky+HD box comes with five times more picture detail than the Sky+ box. Built in Wi-Fi makes it easy to connect to On Demand.
Upgrading to the HD package gives you up to 64 HD channels, including Sky 1 HD, Sky 2 HD, RTÉ 2 HD, Comedy Central, Dave, Disney Junior, National Geographic and MTV.
Sky customers can also watch Sky Box Sets with the Sky Go app. The app is avaibable on all compatible tablets, mobiles and laptops and is free to all Sky customers.
What shows are included in Sky Box Sets?
New Girl, Sons of Anarchy, Melissa and Joey and Gracepoint are among the shows that have recently been added to Sky’s Box Set Collection. New Sky Box Sets are added every month, so there’s always a new show to discover.
Other sets include 24, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, Father Ted, Mad Men, Moone Boy, True Detective, The West Wing and The Wire.
Getting Sky Box Sets is simple
Sky Box Sets are available when you take the HD Pack with the Original TV Bundle or the Variety TV Bundle. All you need to do is connect your compatible Sky+HD box to your broadband router.
You can do this even if your box and broadband router aren’t in the same room or if you don’t have Sky Broadband.
To access Sky Box Sets:
- First, you need to check if you have a compatible Sky+HD box.
- Then from the Homepage go to the Sky Box Sets section. If you’re unconnected you’ll get an on screen message saying you need to connect your Sky+HD box to your broadband.
- You then have three options to connect your box.
- Option 1: If your Sky+HD box and broadband router are in different rooms, or you’d rather avoid wires, you can connect them wirelessly with Sky’s On Demand Connector.
- Option 2: The latest boxes mean you can connect to your broadband router by pressing the WPS button on your box and your router, or by entering your Wi-Fi password. This means that your Sky+HD box and broadband router don’t need to be in the same room.
- Option 3: If your Sky+HD box is next to your broadband router, you can connect them using an Ethernet cable, available from most electrical shops.
- That’s it, you’re connected!