Guide to the Virgin TV Anywhere app
The Virgin TV Anywhere app was launched in January 2017. It’s available free for iPhone and Android users, via the respective app stores.
What are the features of the Virgin TV Anywhere app?
This Virgin TV Anywhere app lets you watch live TV, anywhere, any time, and on any device. You could say that it’s like having a TV in your pocket!
As well as access to TV channels while you’re out and about, you’ll also have access to Virgin Movies and Boxsets on your tablet, smartphone or laptop.
You can simply choose what you want to watch and do so, no matter where you happen to be.
Remote recording on the Virgin TV Anywhere app
We’re all getting used to watching what we want, when we want - and sticking to TV schedules is not a necessity anymore. In fact, with the Virgin TV box you can record up to four shows at once, while watching a fifth.
However, the ability to record lots of programmes doesn’t mean much if you sometimes forget to set up your recordings!
But, if you’re out and about and you remember that you haven’t set a recording, it’s no longer a problem, as you can use the Virgin TV Anywhere app to do so.
How to get started with the Virgin TV Anywhere app
Getting started with the app is easy. Simply:
- Download the Virgin TV Anywhere app from the iTunes or Google Play store;
- Open the app and enter your registration details - if you’re not already registered it’s no problem, you can do so on the Virgin Media site;
- Once you’ve entered your details, click ‘Sign In’ - you can choose to skip this step, but you will not be able to stream or use the remote record facility;
- On the next screen, you can view your Virgin Media devices - and rename them if you like - then click ‘Next’ to continue. You are now logged in to Virgin TV Anywhere!
Browsing on the Virgin TV Anywhere app
Once you’re logged in, you can use the ‘Menu’ button to explore the different features available to you.
In terms of the menu options that you are most likely to use, you can:
- Browse programmes, by clicking on ‘Now On TV’. Click on ‘Today’ to select a date, and to see a line up for a specific channel, click on the ‘List’ icon.
- Search, by clicking on the ‘search’ icon and typing in the name of the programme you wish to view.
- Remote Record, by selecting a programme, and clicking on the ‘Record’ button.
- Watch in full screen, by rotating your device.
- Control your Virgin TV box through your app, by pairing your device with the Virgin TV box, and selecting ‘Remote Control’ at the bottom of the menu screen.
Want access to Virgin TV Anywhere? Sign up to Virgin TV now »