Why choose eir?
- eir is one of Ireland’s fastest broadband providers, offering speeds up to 1,000Mbps in some areas.
- eir offers different connections depending on where you live, so if you can’t get fibre, you should be able to get ADSL broadband from eir through your landline.
- eir bundles start from as low as €34.99.
- eir is one of Ireland’s only quad-play providers, meaning you can bundle your broadband, TV, phone and mobile plans if you’d like. eir has great deals on SIM-only plans for both new and existing customers.
- Anyone signing up to an eir bundle that includes broadband will get access to eir Sport absolutely free.
eir’s best broadband deals and packages
The Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir Sport plan is one of the fastest deals from eir, with download speeds of up to 100Mb. Meanwhile, eir’s cheapest broadband package is the Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir Sport plan, which is just €34.99 for the first 12 months, and €59.99 thereafter.
eir offers truly unlimited broadband.
- eir’s products are available all over the country.
- eir customers can avail of 24/7 broadband and TV technical support.
- eir will install its WiFi modem free of charge, so you can seamlessly connect to multiple devices.
- When you switch to eir you can keep your existing phone number.
- Parental controls are available for free with all broadband plans.
- Access to the eir Sport pack comes free with all broadband plans.
eir broadband packages explained
eir offers a variety of different packages, depending on where you live and what’s available at your address. Fibre broadband has speeds of up to 1,000Mbps available in certain areas, with the majority of homes being able to avail of 100Mbps broadband from eir.
If you don’t have fibre availability in your area yet, eir can provide broadband with speeds of up to 24Mb, and will upgrade you to 100Mbps broadband for FREE when eir Fibre comes to your area, once you sign up to an 18-month contract.
eir Broadband & Phone
eir has a number of broadband and phone packages, which range in price depending on the call package you’re interested in. Each of these eir bundles comes with eir Sport absolutely free.
eir Broadband, Phone & TV
If you’d also like to bundle your TV with your phone and broadband, eir has a range of triple-play plans to choose from, including the eir Vision TV Essential & Broadband + eir Sport package.
What broadband speed does eir offer?
eir offers broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas, but the majority of consumers will be able to avail of broadband speeds of up to 100Mb. If you’re further from the exchange, it’s likely your speeds will be significantly lower, so you may need to opt for one of eir’s 24Mbps products.
More about eir
How do I find my UAN number on my eir bill?
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is an eight digit number which is used by telecom providers to identify phone lines. On eir bills, the UAN is called the account number and you can find it at the top of your bill.
What is the phone number for eir’s customer service?
If you need to contact eir directly, you can reach them on 1890 260 260, or via the Live Chat functionality on their website.
Switching to eir
Switching to eir is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan you’re interested in and fill in a few details, including your address and bank details. eir will also look for your UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched. You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with eir so you experience as little downtime as possible. Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.
How long is my contract with eir?
eir’s broadband contracts range from 12 to 18 months. The length of contract you’ll be signing up to with eir will depend on what plan you go for.
Can I add TV on to eir broadband?
Yes, you can bundle up your eir broadband with eir Vision TV.
eir Vision TV allows you to pause, rewind and record, and you’ll also get access to On Demand movies.
The eir Vision+ box has up to 375 hours of recording space, and customers can watch two shows while recording another.