Why choose eir?
- eir is one of Ireland’s fastest broadband providers, offering speeds up to 1,000Mbps.
- eir bundles start from as low as €34.99.
- eir offers different both fibre & ADSL broadband connections depending on where you live.
- eir is one of Ireland’s only quad-play providers, meaning you can bundle your broadband, TV, phone and SIM-only mobile plans.
- Anyone signing up to an eir bundle that includes broadband will get access to eir sport absolutely free.
- eir is available nationwide.
- 24/7 broadband and TV technical support.
- With eir, you can experience unlimited broadband with superfast speeds
- eir will install a free WiFi modem, so you can seamlessly connect to multiple devices.
- You can keep your existing phone number.
- Parental controls are available for free with all broadband plans.
- Access to the eir sport pack comes free with all broadband plans.
eir bundles explained
eir offers a variety of different packages, depending on where you live and what’s available at your address. Fibre broadband has speeds of up to 1,000Mbps available in certain areas, with the majority of homes being able to avail of 100Mbps broadband from eir.
If you don’t have fibre availability in your area yet, eir can provide broadband with speeds of up to 24Mb, and will upgrade you to 100Mbps broadband for FREE when eir Fibre comes to your area, once you sign up to an 18-month contract.
eir Broadband & Phone
eir has a number of broadband and phone packages, which range in price depending on the call package you’re interested in. Each of these eir bundles comes with eir sport free.
eir Broadband, Phone & TV
If you’d also like to bundle your TV with your phone and broadband, eir has a range of triple-play plans to choose from, including the eir Vision TV Essential & Broadband + eir sport package.
eir’s best bundles
The Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan is one of the fastest deals from eir, with download speeds of up to 100Mb. Meanwhile, eir’s cheapest broadband package is the Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan, which is just €34.99 for the first 12 months, and €59.99 thereafter.
How fast is eir broadband?
eir offers broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas, but the majority of consumers will be able to avail of broadband speeds of up to 100Mb. If you’re further from the exchange, it’s likely your speeds will be significantly lower, so you may need to opt for one of eir’s 24Mbps products.
How long is my contract with eir?
eir’s broadband contracts range from 12 to 18 months. The length of contract you’ll be signing up to with eir will depend on what plan you go for.
Can I add TV on to eir broadband?
Yes, you can bundle up your eir broadband with eir Vision TV.
eir Vision TV allows you to pause, rewind and record, and you’ll also get access to On Demand movies.
The eir Vision+ box has up to 375 hours of recording space, and customers can watch two shows while recording another.
What channels do you get with eir tv?
[eir vision tv essential](/broadband/providers/eir/eir-vision-tv-essential-broadband-plus-off-peak-eir-sport/] comes with 61 channels, including all of the BBC, RTÉ, Channel 4, and Virgin Media channels, as well as all of the channels in the eir sport pack.
The eir vision tv experience package comes with 90 channels, including all of the channels in the eir vision tv essential plan, plus National Geographic, History, E!, nickjr, Cartoon Network, At the Races, Eurosport 1 & 2 and more.
How to switch to eir
Switching to eir is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan and fill in a few details, including your address, bank details and UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched.
You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with eir so you experience as little downtime as possible. Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.