Compare dual fuel tariffs
When looking at different dual fuel energy suppliers, it's essential to look around for the best deals. Here's a quick guide to help you with the process.
Switching supplier to get the best dual fuel tariffs can earn you a significant saving on your energy bills - most suppliers offer discounts to new customers which can save you hundreds each year when compared to standard rates.
Luckily for you, Switcher.ie does all the hard work for you - so you can find the best dual fuel rates in Ireland with the minimum of fuss and start saving money straightaway.
Who’s the cheapest dual fuel supplier on average?
Below is the table of the cheapest gas and electricity tariffs available based on the national average consumption. According to the Commission for Energy Regulation (CER), the average Irish household uses 13,800 kW/h of gas and 5,300 kW/h of electricity per year.
This table will give you some indication as to who’s cheapest, but you won’t know which is best for you, and how much you’ll pay, until you run a comparison based on your own consumption.
|Energia||Cheapest Dual Fuel||€1,719||Compare now|
|SSE Airtricity||1 Year Dual Fuel 20/16 (Direct Debit & eBill)||€1,770||Compare now|
|Energia||SAVEME354 Dual Fuel||€1,846||Compare now|
|Bord Gáis Energy||Bundle Bonus 1 Year Electricity Allocation||€1,869||Compare now|
|Bord Gáis Energy||Bundle Bonus 2 Year Electricity Allocation||€1,869||Compare now|
Things to consider when comparing prices
If you use a dual fuel comparison and you discover your best option is to switch supplier, there are also some other factors might you wish to consider before you do so. For example:
- Methods of payment -do the companies take payment via Direct Debit?
- Terms of contract - are there restrictions, cancellation fees and minimum contract durations?
- Rewards and benefits - are there any incentive schemes or loyalty rewards?
- Customer service - how can the company deal with any potential issues?
- Transferring services - how easy is it to switch services to and from the new provider?
The benefits of dual fuel tariffs
There are several key reasons why you might consider dual fuel tariffs and taking out a contract with just one energy supplier, rather than two, for example:
- Convenience - dual fuel tariffs are more convenient as all bills come from a single source, This means it’s easy to keep up to speed with what you need to pay.
- Problem-solving - if something does go wrong, or you wish to query something, you only need to contact one energy supplier, rather than several.
Read more about dual fuel in our dedicated guide.
How simple is it to switch to dual fuel tariffs?
Switching dual fuel supplier is easy. You can use our dual fuel rates comparison tool to find out the best energy supplier for your circumstances, and then you simply go from there.
The suppliers will handle the changes for you, so the only thing that will change is the prices and the name of the supplier on your bills.
Read more Energy switching - questions & answers