With a classic design and powerful A14 chip, the iPhone 12 mini punches well above its weight. Here’s all you need to know about Apple’s smallest phone yet, including where to get the cheapest bill pay deals from Ireland’s best mobile networks.
Looking for the latest iPhone Mini?
The new iPhone 13 Mini is now on sale in Ireland, with a faster A15 bionic chip and advanced diagonal dual camera. Compare iPhone 13 bill pay offers by clicking on the handsets below:
What are the iPhone 12 mini key features?
Apple’s iPhone 12 mini may be small, but it’s packed with mighty features:
- Classic, flat-edged design: compact with a 5.4” display, the aluminium frame and ‘Ceramic Shield’ glass build, not only looks great - it’s up to 4x more drop resistant than normal iPhones.
- Powerful A14 Bionic chip: fast, efficient and smooth. You can film & edit video, play games and stream multimedia without a hitch. The A14 even squeezes 30% more power from your battery.
- Super Retina XDR display: the high-end OLED display and ultrawide viewing angles deliver stunning picture quality with vibrant, pop-out colour, even in low light.
- Ultra-fast 5G downloads: for hi-speed, reliable connectivity. With 5G you can upload and download video in seconds and enjoy lag-free gaming on the go.
- Ultra-wide dual camera with enhanced night mode: two 12MP lenses for clear, blur-free photography, plus a TrueDepth selfie camera with portrait mode and lighting effects. Dolby vision 4k video and Smart HDR 3 allows you to create pro-looking video content in your hand.
You also get:
- iOS 14 with new app library
- 2x optical zoom & 5x digital zoom
- 15 hours video & 50 hours music play
- 64GB, 128GB or 256GB
- Faster Face ID
- MagSafe wireless charging
- USB-C to Lightning cable
What colours does the iPhone 12 mini come in?
There are five classic colours to choose between:
How much is the iPhone 12 mini?
You can buy the iPhone 12 mini handset from €829 on the Apple website. Here are the current prices depending on memory storage.
- €829 for the 64GB
- €879 for the 128GB
- €999 for the 256GB
What’s in the iPhone 12 mini box?
Apple has decided not to include a power adaptor or AirPods with the iPhone 12 series as part of its Zero Waste Programme to eliminate waste.
This means you’ll only get the iPhone 12 mini handset and the lightning to USB-C cable in the box.
iPhone 12 mini FAQs
When was the iPhone 12 mini released?
The iPhone 12 mini was released in Ireland in November 2020.
Does the iPhone 12 mini have wireless charging?
Yes, it has Qi and MagSafe wireless charging up to 15w, but you will have to purchase a wireless charger.
MagSafe uses magnets to help align your iPhone on a wireless charger to ensure uninterrupted charging.
Do I have to buy AirPods for the iPhone 12 mini?
Yes, Apple has stopped supplying AirPods with new handsets. You’ll need to use your existing AirPods or purchase some new ones. Most wireless headphones or earbuds will be compatible.
How much does iPhone 12 mini insurance cost?
Is a charger supplied with the iPhone 12 mini?
No. A USB-C to Lightning cable is provided but you will have to purchase a USB-C power adapter separately because they are no longer supplied in the box.
Is the iPhone 12 mini waterproof and dustproof?
The iPhone 12 series has the IP68 standard and is dustproof and water-resistant to a depth of 6 metres for 30 minutes.
What other iPhone 12 models are on offer?
There are three other models available in the iPhone 12 series. You can compare the different features on our iPhone 12 page.