Vodafone and Three Scoop Top Gongs at the Switcher.ie Awards 2020
- Broadband winners: Vodafone takes home two awards, including being named Ireland’s Best Broadband Provider - Sky scoops four, eir and Virgin Media take home one award each.
- Mobile winners: Three nabs the top prize, along with one other award, while Tesco Mobile takes home two, and GoMo wins one.
- Streaming: Netflix wins in a new category this year - Best TV Streaming Service.
- Independent customer research, scores from an expert judging panel, and over 40,000 real customer ratings determined the results.
The winners of the Switcher.ie Awards 2020 have just been announced with Vodafone and Three being crowned Ireland’s Best Broadband Provider and Best Mobile Phone Operator respectively.
The annual event, held at City Hall in Dublin 2, gives a voice to consumers and recognition to those leading Irish telecoms providers who offer outstanding products and services to customers. The awards, now in their seventh year, were the first of their kind in Ireland, are determined using independent consumer research, an independent expert judging panel and over 40,000 customer ratings.
At today’s awards ceremony, Vodafone won the Best Value Broadband Provider and the coveted Best Broadband Provider award.
Sky scooped up four awards in total - the most out of any provider - coming away with wins for TV Provider of the Year, Best TV Content, Best Customer Service and Best Technical Support.
Virgin Media won the Most Popular Broadband Provider award, while eir scooped the prestigious Best Broadband Bundle award. Netflix was named Best TV Streaming Service - a new category this year.
In the mobile categories, Three won two accolades - including the overall Best Mobile Phone Operator award, customers also voted them Best Value Mobile Operator. Tesco Mobile also scooped two mobile awards, including Best Customer Service, while GoMo took home the Best SIM-only Mobile phone plan - a new category in 2019.
- Eoin Clarke, Managing Director of Switcher.ie said:
“The aim of these awards is to give a voice to Irish consumers while recognising excellence within the broadband, TV and mobile phone industry. The awards also aid consumers in choosing the company and service that’s right for them through the experiences and ratings of their peers.
“With the fierce competition and variety of products and services currently on offer in the Irish telecoms market, the need for independent and impartial consumer feedback is more important than ever. When you pair our free broadband and TV comparison tool and SIM-only mobile comparison, the Switcher.ie Awards help to give consumers this independent feedback, by giving real people a say in determining the winners based on their experiences.
“Switcher.ie extends a massive congratulations to all of tonight’s winners, with special mentions of course to Vodafone and Three for taking home the top prizes for best overall providers.”
For further information please contact:
Eoin Clarke, Switcher.ie on 01 517 5920 / 086 824 5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Event images will be sent to desks by Finbarr O’Rourke Photography.
Notes to editors
The Switcher.ie Awards use a unique combination to determine nominees and winners across 14 categories. This includes:
- Independent consumer research, carried out for Switcher.ie by iReach Insights. The research involves 1,000 online interviews with Irish adults aged 18+ years. The total sample is representative of the national population in Ireland.
- 40,000 customer ratings, which were gathered on Switcher.ie.
- A judging panel, including experts and journalists in the fields of TV and technology.
Switcher.ie launched in January 2013, with the aim of offering consumers free, independent and impartial price comparison and switching services for gas, electricity, home broadband and digital television. Switcher.ie aims to make it easier for Irish households to compare prices, save money on their regular bills, get the best deals on offer and make their hard-earned money go that bit further. For six consecutive years Switcher.ie has been accredited by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities as an impartial, accurate and independent supplier of domestic energy price comparisons and is a member of Guaranteed Irish.
Broadband customers can conduct a speed test to find out how fast their broadband is and to identify the best broadband provider for their location.
Switcher.ie is owned by Switcher Limited, a privately funded internet-based business focused on consumer engagement and innovation.