What is Switcher?
Switcher.ie is a free, impartial price comparison and switching service for gas, electricity, broadband, digital TV and SIM-only mobile plans.
Switcher.ie is accredited by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU), which means the CRU endorses Switcher.ie as an independent, impartial and correct source of information for consumers to use when searching for accurate comparisons of Irish energy suppliers.
Switcher.ie is the leading broadband comparison and switching service in Ireland.
1. What does Switcher.ie do?
Our comparison tools provide you with independent information on the best deals, and our aim is to put more euros back in your pocket.
Switching is really straightforward and only takes a few minutes! All you need to do is visit our broadband deal checker, energy comparison tool or SIM-only bill pay deals comparison, to compare deals and make a switch.
Here’s how the process works for each of our services:
- Switching energy: If you’re making an energy switch, simply carry out an energy comparison and choose your preferred deal. Then, the full switch will be managed by Switcher.ie and your new provider at no extra cost to you, which saves you the hassle of endless phone calls and that annoying ‘hold’ music!
- Switching broadband: Once you choose the deal you want, we’ll handle all of the set-up details for your new plan in conjunction with your new supplier, which makes getting everything really straightforward. In order to make sure you don’t get charged after you switch, you’ll need to make sure you give your current broadband provider the specified notice to cancel your current contract. And - once your final bill is paid - you’ll need to cancel any direct debits you have with this provider, too.
- Switching to a SIM-only bill-pay deal: You can easily compare deals with our SIM-only bill pay comparisons. Once you’ve chosen your preferred deal, simply click on the link and you’ll be taken directly to your new provider’s site to sign up. If there’s no website link, you’ll be given a dedicated phone number which will connect you with the team who’ll manage your switch.
Our service to you is completely free, without any catches or hidden costs - it’s So Simple, So Switch!
2. Why use Switcher.ie?
It’s simple, you’ll save time and money by using Switcher.ie - we’re committed to finding you the best plans and deals to meet your individual needs.
We help thousands of people save more money on their bills each month - whether it’s switching gas suppliers in Galway or getting a cheaper deal in broadband in Wicklow, Switcher.ie is on hand to start Ireland saving!
3. How does Switcher.ie make money? Is it really impartial?
Switcher.ie has commercial deals in place with some suppliers across all of our services which means we receive a small commission payment if you choose to switch or apply for a product with us - but this charge is never passed on to you.
Our commercial relationships are in place to help make the switching process as convenient as possible for customers, and in some cases we can offer exclusive deals that are not available directly from the supplier.
They also mean we can provide you with a free service. Our commercial relationships have no bearing on the ranking of suppliers in your results.
We’ve built up a strong reputation and won loyal customers by providing impartial advice and accurate information that can be trusted - quite simply, the best deal for you is the best deal for us.
4. Can I trust Switcher.ie's information to be accurate and comprehensive?
The data we use to calculate your results for these services is provided directly by suppliers. We monitor all suppliers continually to ensure our comparisons are comprehensive and accurate.
Switcher.ie is accredited by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU), for energy price comparisons, which means the CRU endorses Switcher.ie as an independent, impartial and correct source of information for consumers to use when searching for accurate comparisons of Irish energy suppliers.
Broadband, Digital TV, Home Phone, Mobile Broadband and SIM-only deals
For these products, we receive data directly from from broadband, phone and third party providers, who continually monitor the market.
We update Switcher.ie daily with any changes or new deals to ensure results are comprehensive and accurate.
5. Is it safe to use Switcher.ie?
Yes. All of your details are completely safe and fully protected as our website utilises the latest server, database, backup and firewall technologies to ensure it is never accessible to anyone outside of Switcher.ie.
6. What is Switcher.ie's company history?
Switcher was established in Dublin in 2011 to help households save money on their regular bills. Switcher is an Irish company and is owned by Switcher Limited.
Company number: 592342
VAT number: IE 3449560AH
At Switcher.ie we’re working to be the best in our market, which also means that we’re supporting and creating jobs in Ireland.
Switcher.ie’s investment, employment and free impartial price comparison and switching service is acknowledged by the Guaranteed Irish mark.