48's SIM-only deal of the month
Fed up with all the restrictions in your life? 48’s prepay, SIM-only deal can set you free. No contract, no commitment, and the freedom to stream video, listen to music and chat to your friends as much as you like.
48 like to keep things simple, so are offering just one plan this month. For just €7.99 you can get 100GB data and all calls and texts free.
Offer ends 10 November 2020.
Why choose a prepay, SIM-only plan?
A prepay SIM-only deal is a good alternative to bill pay if you already own a phone, need lots of data but don’t want to commit to a monthly bill.
Prepay deals work well if you:
- are under 18
- have a poor credit history
- use lots of data for music & streaming
Why choose 48?
Ireland’s first totally digital mobile brand, 48 is powered by Three’s extensive network and offers prepay SIM-only plans. With a prepay plan from 48 you can:
- Use your data how you like: 48 give you full control of your data. You can spend it, save it or share it - the choice is yours. You can even donate it to FoodCloud to help to tackle food waste and climate change.
- Move anytime: 48 is commitment free. You can start with 1GB free to make sure you like the service and coverage is right for you. If you’re happy with the network, you can sign up and pay for all your data, calls and texts up-front, once a month.
- Get great customer service & community help: 48’s online staff are there for you from 9am to 9pm. If you need help after hours you can visit the 48 community to get answers from customers like you.
How does it work?
48 aim to make everything as simple as possible. Here’s what you need to do to sign up:
- Order a SIM and within 3-5 days you’ll get your free SIM card and log in details
- Activate it via the website or My48 app for your free 1 GB and enjoy 7 days of free data
- Buy a membership if you want to stay with 48 (you can even keep your 1GB!)
Sign up to 48
Order your SIM today for 7 days free data
What does a 48 membership get me?
Once you have signed up to 48 with your log in details, you will get:
- 100GB data & 10GB EU/UK roaming
- Unlimited calls to any network
- Unlimited texts
- 4G connection
- Monthly membership
Three’s mobile network coverage
48 use Three, one of Ireland’s leading mobile networks. Three operates 3G, 4G and 5G networks, with 99% coverage nationwide.
Claiming to have one of Ireland’s largest 5G networks, they have around 35% population coverage and are planning to extend that with 500 5G sites in 2021.
Can I move my mobile number?
Yes, when you sign up with 48 you will get the choice to keep your existing mobile number or select a new number. There’s a simple step by step guide to show you how to do this once you have signed up.
Does my phone need to be unlocked?
Yes, to join a SIM-only plan you will need to unlock your phone. You may need to contact your current mobile phone provider, but you may like to read our guide about unlocking your phone first.
How long will it take for my SIM to arrive?
It should take about 3-5 working days. It will arrive by An Post and you’ll get an email once it’s been dispatched.
Is prepay SIM-only cheaper than bill pay SIM-only?
Prepay means you pay upfront for your data, calls and texts. Whether prepay is cheaper depends on your level of use and how you prefer to manage your payments.
It’s worth working out how much data you use on a monthly basis and then looking for a SIM-only deal that reflects your usage. Check out our guide on how to use your mobile phone bill to save money.
What's a SIM-only plan?
A SIM-only plan means you pay for the data, calls and texts you make, but not the handset. If you’ve paid off your phone but want to keep your handset you’ll save money by switching to a SIM-only deal.
What type of SIM card is it?
The SIM cards are Trio SIMs, so it is a ‘normal’ SIM, a micro SIM and a Nano SIM all in one, which means it will fit all types of phone.