Why choose eir?
- eir is one of Ireland’s fastest broadband providers, offering speeds up to 1,000Mbps.
- eir bundles start from as low as €39.99.
- eir offers both fibre & ADSL broadband connections depending on where you live.
- eir has a range of SIM-only mobile plans.
- Sign up to an eir broadband bundle and you’ll get free access to eir sport.
- eir is available nationwide.
- 24/7 broadband technical support.
- Unlimited broadband with superfast speeds.
- WiFi modem, so you can seamlessly connect to multiple devices.
- Switch and keep your existing phone number.
- Parental controls are free with all broadband plans.
- The eir sport pack, including ir sport 1 and 2, FreeSports Channel and Virgin Media Sport, is free with all eir broadband plans.
eir bundles explained
eir offers a variety of different packages, depending on where you live and what’s available at your address.
Fibre broadband has speeds of up to 1,000Mbps available in certain areas, with the majority of homes being able to avail of 100Mbps broadband from eir.
If you can’t get fibre in your area yet, eir can offer broadband speeds up to 24Mb, and will upgrade you to 100Mbps broadband for free when eir Fibre comes to your area, once you sign up to an 18-month contract.
eir Broadband & Phone
eir broadband and phone packages range in price depending on the call package you’re interested in. Each of these eir bundles comes with eir sport free.
eir’s best bundles
The Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan is one of the fastest deals from eir, with download speeds of up to 100Mb. Meanwhile, eir’s cheapest broadband package is the Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan, which is just €39.99 for the first 12 months, and €59.99 thereafter.
How fast is eir broadband?
eir offers broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas, but most consumers are more likely to get broadband speeds up to 100Mb.
If you’re further from the exchange, it’s likely your speeds will be significantly lower, so you may need to opt for one of eir’s 24Mbps products.
How long do eir contracts last for?
eir’s broadband contracts range from 12 to 18 months depending on what plan you choose.
How to switch to eir
Switching to eir is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan and fill in a few details, including your address, bank details and UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch before you go ahead, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched.
You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with eir so you experience as little downtime as possible.
Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your existing provider.