Ireland’s best Samsung Galaxy deals
There’s always a buzz when the latest Samsung mobile is released. Here are the most popular Samsung Galaxy phones and best bill pay mobile deals from Ireland’s top networks.
The latest phones from Samsung
Stylish and tough, the latest Samsung phones bring you an extraordinary camera array and a gallery of smart innovations. Learn more and compare Ireland’s best phone deals.
Samsung Galaxy S23
|6.1” Display||50MP Camera||Up to 512GB||5G||3900 mAh battery|
A powerful 50MP main camera for stunning photography and a 12MP Selfie Camera enhanced with tech innovations for better depth, detail and clarity make this device the must-have mobile for 2023.
- 6.1” Super bright display for an epic, all-day view. Say goodbye to glare with Vision Booster and an AMOLED 2X HDR10+ for outstanding outdoor visibility.
- 50MP rear camera for ultra-detailed, sharp shots. A 12MP ultrawide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom for powerful, true-to-life photography.
- Exciting AI innovations like Nightography & Adaptive Pixels for remarkable after-dark portraits and vivid video, so nothing goes unseen. Get creative and make captivating content in a couple of clicks.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
|6.6” Display||50MP Camera||Up to 512GB||5G||4700 mAh battery|
All the same features as the S23 but bigger with a longer-lasting battery. Enjoy AI innovations like Nightography and Adaptive Pixels for epic night shots and video, so nobody’s left in the dark.
- 6.6 Dynamic AMOLED display to enjoy the clarity of an Infinity-0 2X HDR10+ screen and Vision Booster for epic outdoor visibility. With 1750 nits, it’s even brighter than the S22.
- Stunning 50MP rear camera for exceptional photography. Plus a 12MP Selfie camera, a 12MP ultrawide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom to get up close and personal.
- Longer lasting battery and faster charging for 24-7 Talktime, internet and playback.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
|6.8” Display||200MP Camera||Up to 1TB||5G||5000 mAh battery|
Powerful, advanced, and ultrafast - with a sleek design. Besides the revolutionary Pro-grade camera with Dual Optical Zooms & Nightography, you’ll get enviable screen brightness, a huge 5000mAh battery and a noteworthy, built-in S Pen.
- 6.8” AMOLED Edge Quad HD+ display for epic brightness even on the sunniest days. Vision Booster technology provides outstanding outdoor visibility and 120Hz gives you a silky smooth scroll.
- Groundbreaking Pro-grade cameras for best-in-class, professional photography and video quality. With a 200MP main camera, a 12MP selfie camera and Digital Zoom up to 100x, you’ll capture detail, clarity and depth like never before.
- Built-in S Pen: Get scribbling with the S Pen, a magnetic stylus with Air Actions for precision control, writing and artistry on the go. Turn hasty notes into text or even add animations to videos.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
|6.4” Display||12MP Camera||Up to 256GB||5G||4500 mAh battery|
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Fan Edition (FE) takes all the best bits from the S21 series and packs them into an affordable, sleek handset - a real treat for Samsung fans on a budget.
- 6.4” Super AMOLED display: The S21 FE is perfectly pocket-sized for work and play. 120 Hz for speedy response rates and seamless scrolling makes games & social a breeze.
- Triple rear 12MP camera & 32MP selfie camera: Create lifelike pictures and enjoy superior video quality with this great camera system. The 30x space zoom captures at close range, and Portrait Mode ensures every selfie is a work of art.
- Super-fuelled performance: With the latest chipset & CPU, the S21 FE punches above its weight to give you a great gaming experience and fault free multi-tasking powers.
Samsung Galaxy S23 vs Samsung Galaxy S22
Many features of the Samsung Galaxy S series remain the same, such as the 50MP main camera, 6.1” AMOLED display and durable Gorilla Glass and aluminium frame.
Here’s the key differences for 2023:
|Samsung Galaxy S22||Samsung Galaxy S23|
|Battery||3500 mAh||3900 mAh|
|Colours||Phantom Black, White, Pink Gold, Green, Graphite, Sky Blue, Violet, Cream, Purple||Phantom Black, Cream, Green, Lavender|
|Chipset||Exynos 2200||Snapdragon 8 Gen 2|
|Operating system||Android 12||Android 13|
|Memory||Upto 256MB||Upto 512MB|
|Charging||15W wireless (Qi/PMA)||10W wireless (Qi/PMA)|
The premium Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra now boasts a 200MP camera with a new astrophotography mode. However, the selfie camera has been downgraded from 40MP to 12MP, albeit with better HDR10+ video performance.
Is it worth upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S23?
There are no sweeping changes with the S23, and major improvements are few and far between. There’s a few tweaks that some may value, such as the selfie camera’s 12MP wider field of view or the flush back glass.
Most notable is the bigger battery and an upgraded chipset for better performance. However, for many, the differences would barely register.
The bottom line is the S23 is an enhanced version of the S22 phone, so if your Samsung Galaxy S22 is still going strong, the best option may be to wait for the Samsung Galaxy S24 series.
How to own a Samsung phone for less
One way of keeping costs down is to buy a pre-owned, refurbished handset.
If you haven’t considered this before, our guide, Should you buy a refurbished phone? can help you decide whether it’s right for you.
Another way to reduce costs further is to opt for a SIM-only deal. You can find a discounted Samsung or refurbished phone and just pay for calls, texts and data on a 30-day rolling contract.
Samsung Galaxy FAQs
When was the Samsung Galaxy S23 released in Ireland?
The Samsung Galaxy S23 launched on in February 2023.
Can I trade in my old Samsung phone?
Yes, Samsung offer trade-in options for an instant discount off your old Samsung device.
You can save up to €480 on your new mobile, and most devices are accepted, including Galaxy watches and earbuds.
How much does Samsung insurance cost in Ireland?
You’ll probably pay around €8 per month for a new release or premium phone, but it pays to shop around or get multi-device insurance to keep costs down.
For more information about mobile insurance, check out our guide, Is mobile insurance worth it?
How do I transfer my photos to my new phone?
You can transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, device settings and more to your new Samsung Galaxy device with Smart Switch. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the Smart Switch app on both your old and new devices or check the app has been updated to the latest version
- Ensure both phones are fully charged
- Launch Smart Switch App on both devices. Go to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Smart Switch
- If USB transfer, connect both devices with USB Cable and USB Connector
- Select Send on your old device and Receive on your new Galaxy Smartphone
- Select your content and start Transfer
How do you unlock an Android phone?
There are two main ways to unlock your Android phone.
- Contact your phone provider and ask them to unlock it when your contract ends
- Use an online unlocking service
Learn more about how this works with our guide: How to unlock your mobile phone.