Who are we?
We are Switcher.ie, a trading name of Switcher Limited, a company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland (registration number 592342). Our registered office is No. 1 Grant’s Row, Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, D02 HX96.
What data do we collect?
If you are signing up for a service or product via an application form we will need to collect your data to submit your enquiry or order to the provider.
This could be:
- Contact information, such as your name, email, phone number and home address
- Billing information, such as your bank account details and billing address
- Records of communication, such as email messages or phone conversations
- Marketing preferences that tell us what types of marketing you would like to receive
Depending on the product or service we will also collect:
- Your current service provider and product
- Energy meter readings, meter number and special services preferences
- Income details and borrowing requirements
- Information about your property and its value
If you are browsing our website we may collect:
- the pages you viewed
- the products you viewed
- your browser version
- your ip address and location
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Switcher.ie with most of the data we collect.
We collect data and process data when you:
- Enter your details to compare products or services
- Apply to sign up for a service or product
- Use or view our website with browser cookies on
Switcher.ie may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Reviews submitted to Reviews.io
- Speed tests using the tool provided by Ookla
How will we use your data?
With your consent, Switcher.ie collects your data so that we can:
- Send you our free newsletter with the latest money saving deals
- Email you with special offers on partner products and services
- Provide customer service, assistance and support if required
How do we share your data?
Switcher.ie shares your data so that:
- When you submit an application to a new supplier or provider they can contact you, process your order and set up your account.
- When you submit a mortgage enquiry the mortgage broker can contact you and use the information to find the right mortgage.
We do not share your data for marketing purposes with third parties without your consent, although if you opt in to third party marketing, Switcher.ie will share your details with our partner companies so they may offer you their products and services.
How do we store your data?
Switcher.ie encrypts and securely stores your data using data centres in Ireland.
Switcher.ie would like to send you information about products and services from others that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Switcher.ie from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact email@example.com.
Please read our cookie notice for a list of the cookies we use and how to manage your cookie settings on our website.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your data protection rights
Switcher.ie would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Switcher.ie for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Switcher.ie correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Switcher.ie to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Switcher.ie erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Switcher.ie restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Switcher.ie’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Switcher.ie transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Our data protection manager
Report a data protection complaint
If you feel that our Data Protection manager has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, or you wish to make a complaint regarding a data protection matter, please contact the Data Protection Commission.