How many broadband providers are there in Ireland?
There are 6 main broadband providers in Ireland:
About Irish broadband providers
- Digiweb offer superb value high quality fixed line broadband and call bundle options for the home. They also offer SIRO powered “Electric Broadband”.
- eir offers broadband, TV, home phone and mobile phone plans. eir has broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas.
- Pure Telecom offers broadband and phone plans with broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps.
- Sky Sky is a best-in-class TV provider, with its selection of channels, Sky Q box and apps for watching on the move. As well as TV, they also offer a range of broadband and home phone plans.
- Virgin Media runs its own broadband network, with speeds of up to 500Mbps. It has a large variety of broadband, TV, phone and mobile packages.
- Vodafone offers broadband, home phone, TV and mobile phone plans.
Cheapest broadband deal
How to compare broadband providers
- Price For most people, price is the most important factor when they’re choosing their broadband. Prices vary depending on the type of broadband you go for and whether you want to include TV or phone.
- Broadband speed The speed you can get will depend on the type of broadband available where you live and whether or not you use WiFi.
- Broadband providers in your area In certain areas, fibre & superfast broadband providers may not be operating. If the broadband you want is not available, consider other smaller providers who specialise in rural broadband.
- Broadband bundles Do you make calls on your house phone and love watching TV? If so, going for a provider that offers TV and broadband or home phone and broadband packages could save you money.
- Contract Length Most broadband providers have contracts between 12 and 18 months, with a 14-day cooling-off period, during which you can cancel free of charge. If you need a shorter contract, some providers do offer a 30-day plan.