Broadband providers in Ireland
There are many broadband providers in Ireland - here at Switcher.ie we compare the main ones so you can find the best deal to suit you:
Compare broadband providers
Here’s some information on the most popular Irish broadband providers to give you an idea of what’s available:
- eir offers broadband, TV, home phone and mobile phone plans, which you can choose to bundle. eir has broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas of Ireland and broadband customers get access to the eir Sport pack free.
- Pure Telecom offers broadband and phone plans with broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some parts of the country.
- Sky currently offers broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps, but recently teamed up with SIRO and will start to offer 1,000Mbps in 2018. Sky is a best-in-class TV provider, with its selection of channels, Sky Q box and apps for watching on the move a big hit with customers.
- Virgin Media runs its own broadband network, with speeds of up to 360Mbps available on some plans. It has a large variety of broadband, TV, phone and mobile packages, so you’re sure to find a deal to suit you.
- Vodafone offers attractive broadband, home phone, TV and mobile phone plans. Its Simply Broadband plan is great for anyone looking for a broadband-only deal.
Cheapest deal from Irish broadband providers
How to choose a broadband provider
When you’re choosing an internet provider, consider the following elements to see which package works best for you:
- Price of the broadband package For most people, price is the most important factor when they’re choosing their plan. Prices will vary depending on the type of broadband you go for and whether you want to include TV or phone, too.
- Broadband speed After price, speed is definitely the biggest thing people think about before signing up. Speeds in Ireland range go up to 360Mb. The speed you can get will depend on the type of broadband available where you live and whether or not you use WiFi. If you’re not getting the speeds you’d like, we have plenty of information on how to improve your broadband speed.
- Broadband providers in your area In certain areas, fibre & superfast broadband providers may not be operating yet. If the broadband you want is not currently available, consider the other providers and see if one of these might work for you. You should also keep an eye on the fibre broadband rollout to see when it’s due to hit your area.
- Broadband bundles Do you make loads of calls on your house phone and love watching traditional TV? If so, going for a provider that offers TV and broadband or home phone and broadband packages will normally save you money.
- Contract Length Many people are put off switching internet providers because they don’t want to get tied into a long contract. However, there’s really no need to worry, as most broadband providers in Ireland only have contracts of between 12 and 18 months, and you’ll also be able to avail of a 14-day cooling-off period, during which you can cancel free of charge. If you really need a shorter contract, remember some providers also offer 30-day plans, which could work for you.