How many broadband providers are there in Ireland?
There are eight main Irish broadband providers:
About Irish broadband providers
- Digiweb: offers fixed line broadband and call bundle options for the home, as well as 100% SIRO powered fibre broadband.
- eir: offers broadband, TV, home phone and mobile phone plans. eir can deliver broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas.
- Magnet Networks: offers business and home broadband solutions including landlines. You can pay extra for their no contract option too.
- Pure Telecom: offers broadband, home phone & Netgem TV plans with broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps.
- Regional Broadband: offers broadband and home phone plans. Choose from 100% fibre broadband with speeds up to 1,000Mbps, or fixed wireless broadband with speeds up to 100Mb.
- Sky: is a best-in-class TV provider, with its selection of channels, Sky Q box and Sky Go app for watching on the move. As well as TV, they also offer a range of broadband and home phone plans.
- Virgin Media: runs its own broadband network, with speeds of up to 1,000Mbps. It has a large variety of broadband, TV, phone and mobile packages.
- Vodafone: offers broadband, home phone, TV and mobile phone plans. It picked up the award for Best Broadband Provider at the Switcher.ie Broadband Awards 2021.
What is the cheapest broadband deal?
The cheapest broadband deal in Ireland for year one is the Simply Broadband & Talk plan from Vodafone.
Working out exactly what services you want and what broadband speed you need will help you find the cheapest deal for your needs.
The more services you bundle together, the more you stand to save overall, but only pay for what you’ll actually use.
How to compare broadband providers
To help you compare what each provider offers, you should consider:
- Price: Check the introductory discount period and cost for the whole contract term, to find the cheapest deal. Prices vary depending on the type of broadband you go for, the speed it offers, and whether you want to bundle with home phone and TV too.
- Broadband speed: The speed you can get will depend on the type of broadband connection you choose, and what’s available in your area. Find out more about the average broadband speed in Ireland and work out what speed you’ll need based on the activities you do.
- Broadband providers in your area: In certain areas, fibre & superfast broadband may not have been rolled out yet, or you may be limited to just one provider who offers it. If the broadband you want isn’t available yet, consider other types and smaller providers who specialise in rural broadband.
- Broadband bundles: If you want a home phone or TV package as well as broadband, bundling the services together could save you money. Find a provider that offers the best TV and broadband or home phone and broadband package for your needs.
- Contract length: Most broadband providers have contracts between 12 and 18 months, with a 14-day cooling-off period, during which you can cancel free of charge. Some providers also offer shorter 30 day contracts but you’ll usually pay more.
Get super fast broadband from just €24 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving