Broadband providers in Ireland
Compare broadband providers to find the best broadband & TV deals. We make it easy to view the latest broadband packages from Ireland’s top providers, and pick the right deal for your home.
How many broadband providers are there in Ireland?
There are nine main Irish broadband providers, here’s more about each of them:
- Digiweb: offers fixed line broadband, as well as 100% SIRO powered fibre broadband.
- eir: offers broadband, TV and mobile phone plans. eir can deliver broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas.
- imagine: offers broadband to rural communities in Ireland.
- Magnet Plus: offers super fast business and home broadband.
- Pure Telecom: offers broadband & Netgem TV plans with broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps.
- Regional Broadband: offers 100% fibre broadband plans with speeds up to 1,000Mbps, or fixed wireless broadband with speeds up to 100Mb.
- Sky: is a best-in-class TV provider, with its selection of channels, Sky Stream device and Sky Go app for watching on the move. As well as TV, they also offer a range of broadband plans.
- Virgin Media: runs its own broadband network, with speeds of up to 1,000Mbps. It has a large variety of broadband, TV and mobile packages.
- Vodafone: offers broadband TV and mobile phone plans. It picked up the award for Best Broadband Provider at the Switcher.ie Broadband Awards 2023.
What is the cheapest broadband deal?
Cheapest broadband deals change regularly as broadband providers compete with each other to get customers.
What often looks like the best rate is often an introductory rate, so always check the full rate once the discount period ends unless you plan to switch once your contract ends. The more services you bundle together, the more you could potentially save, but only pay for what you’re sure you will use.
The best way to find the cheapest deal is to use our broadband checker to find low cost broadband where you live.
How to compare broadband providers
To help you compare what each provider offers, you should consider:
- Price: Check the introductory discount period and cost for the whole contract term, to find the cheapest deal. Prices vary depending on the type of broadband you go for, the speed it offers, and whether you want to bundle with home phone and TV too.
- Broadband speed: The speed you can get will depend on the type of broadband connection you choose, and what’s available in your area. Find out more about the average broadband speed in Ireland and work out what speed you’ll need based on the activities you do.
- Broadband providers in your area: In certain areas, fibre & superfast broadband may not have been rolled out yet, or you may be limited to just one provider who offers it. If the broadband you want isn’t available yet, consider other types and smaller providers who specialise in rural broadband.
- Broadband bundles: If you want a TV package as well as broadband, bundling the services together could save you money. Find a provider that offers the best TV and broadband package for your needs.
- Contract length: Most broadband providers have contracts between 12 and 18 months, with a 14-day cooling-off period, during which you can cancel free of charge. Some providers also offer shorter 30 day contracts but you’ll usually pay more.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving