Why choose Magnet?
- Magnet offers a variety of broadband-only and broadband and phone plans.
- Magnet runs its own network meaning you get a dedicated line that is not shared with other networks - its fibre-optic and copper cables run to many corners of Ireland.
- Magnet has some contract-free broadband options, so if you don’t want to be tied down, this could be an option for you.
- Prices start from as low as €49.99 for broadband-only packages from Magnet.
Magnet’s best broadband deals & packages
The Magnet Fatpipe Fibre 100 + Simply Phone plan offers broadband with speeds of up to 100Mb, while Magnet’s cheapest plan is the Magnet Fatpipe Fibre 100 + Simply Phone plan, which is just €49.99 for the first 3 months, and €59.98 thereafter.
According to Magnet, they don’t apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management to their broadband products, which means you can download as much as you want, whenever you want.
Magnet key features
- Customers signing up get a free WiFi modem.
- Set-up costs range from €17 to €50, depending on the product you go for.
- When you switch to Magnet you can keep your existing phone number.
What broadband speed does Magnet offer?
Magnet has broadband speeds ranging from up to 24Mbps to 100Mb, depending on what plan you go for. The broadband speed you need will depend on what you use the internet for - if you stream catch-up TV or play online games, you may want to opt for higher speeds, if they’re available in your area.
More about Magnet
How do I find my UAN number on my Magnet bill?
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is an eight digit number which is used by telecom providers to identify phone lines. If you’re a Magnet customer, you can find your UAN at the top of your bill.
What is the phone number for Magnet’s customer service?
If you need to reach Magnet directly, you can reach them by phone on 1800 789 789. Magnet aim to answer 90% of calls within 20 seconds.
Switching to Magnet
Switching to Magnet broadband is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan you’re interested in and fill in a few details, including your address and bank details. Magnet will also look for your UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched. You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with Magnet so you experience as little downtime as possible. Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.