Ireland's best broadband & TV deals
Compare the best broadband and TV deals in Ireland. Find the latest TV and broadband offers from Sky, Virgin Media, eir & Vodafone.
Broadband and TV Deals
Broadband and TV bundles include broadband & TV all in one package from the same provider. These deals normally include:
- Broadband with varying up to speeds, depending on what’s available in your area
- A variety of TV channels - and the ability to add on sports, Sky Cinema or Netflix.
- Features like the ability to pause, rewind and record live TV
- Some of these packages also come with a home phone plan included
Depending on your budget, you can choose from broadband plus standard TV channels or spend a bit more and sign up for a triple-play bundle with 100’s of TV channels, Sports, Cinema and get a dedicated TV box like Apple or Sky Q.
Why should you bundle broadband and TV together?
You can make great savings by getting both from the same provider. It also means you will have just one provider to deal with and only one bill coming in each month.
How much does broadband & TV cost?
All the large Irish providers, including eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone, offer combined broadband and TV packages.
|Provider||Plan Name||Year 1 Cost|
|eir||eir Unlimited Broadband with TV Plus, Talk||€540|
|Vodafone||Simply Broadband, TV & Talk||€660|
|Virgin Media||250Mb Broadband + Big TV||€758|
|Sky||Sky Signature with Sky Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime||€770|
*1st Year Total cost includes any upfront costs such as installation fees.
Which providers offer sports channels?
Sky, Virgin Media, eir & Vodafone all offer sports packages.
- Sky Sports can be added to any Sky TV plan for an additional monthly charge.
- Virgin Media Sport is standard for all Virgin Media TV customers. Their main TV plans also come with Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports News as standard and Sky Sports can be added for a monthly fee.
- Vodafone add Sky Sports, BT/Premier Sport Pack, or both to your TV package for an additional charge.
To find out more about TV sports in Ireland, visit A guide to TV Sports packages.
Who offers Sky Sports?
Sky Sports comes with 8 sports channels and can be added to all Sky TV packages, Virgin Media and Vodafone TV plans at an additional monthly cost.
To find out more about TV sports packages in Ireland, visit A guide to TV Sports packages.
Which providers offer movie channels?
All four providers offer several free movie channels plus the option to add Sky Cinema for an additional monthly charge.
- Sky TV: Sky Cinema has 12 movie channels, and a new film premiere every day. Sky has hundreds of movies on demand and you can also buy and keep movies from the Sky Store.
- eir TV: Get access to Film 4 and TCM as standard. You can also choose to add on Sky Cinema, for an additional monthly charge.
- Virgin Media TV: Get access to Virgin Movies & Box Sets as standard. You can also add on Sky Cinema for a monthly fee.
- Vodafone TV: Get access to Film 4 as standard. You can also choose to add on Sky Cinema for a monthly fee.
What TV boxes are available?
Each provider has its own TV box, which you use to navigate through their TV services.
- eir TV has 7 day catch up on select channels, allowing you to restart, replay & record the TV shows and movies you love.
- Sky Q box allows you to pause, rewind and record 1TB worth of TV shows, movies and sport, which is up to 500 hours of TV.
- Virgin TV 360 box has pause, rewind and record functionality. You can also access Virgin Replay TV and built in apps likeNetflix.
- Vodafone TV box allows you to pause, rewind and record and you can store up to 300 hours of SD TV. You can also access Restart TV and 7-day catch-up, as well as Netflix.
What additional TV services can you get?
There are lots of optional extras depending on your provider and what you’re interested in, for example:
- An extra TV box allows you to watch TV in more than one room. Usually, you will have to pay for the extra box, and there’ll be an additional monthly subscription for multiroom viewing, too.
- HD channels and boxsets to supplement the standard channels and content. Some providers offer this as standard, while with others there will be an additional monthly cost.
- The ability to stream online players like RTE Player and Virgin Media Player, through your set-top box. Several providers have this option and there’s no extra charge.
- On-demand content like movies and TV shows that you can order through your set-top box and pay a once-off fee for.
- Sports add-ons like Sky Sports, or Virgin Media Sports. Virgin Media TV customers get Virgin Media Sport as standard with their packages. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay a monthly subscription.
- A Sky Cinema add-on with 12 dedicated channels, a new premiere daily, and access to 1,000 movies on demand. Some other movie channels are available as standard from some providers, so be sure to compare these before choosing your deal.
What about Broadband, TV & phone packages?
If you want to opt for broadband and TV, but also require a home phone, you could go for what’s known as a ‘triple-play’ deal. These are usually the best value deals on the market.
Who offers triple-play bundles?
Bundling these services will usually save you money when compared to getting them all from separate providers. Dealing with one provider for all services is also more convenient and hassle-free.
The main providers of broadband, TV and home phone bundles are:
Can you get a TV-only package?
Yes, however, TV only or standalone deals are only available through Sky. To get a TV plan with eir, Virgin Media or Vodafone you need to sign up to one of their broadband plans.
Paying separately for your broadband and TV package is usually more expensive than bundling them with the same provider. You’ll also find there’s a lot more choice if you sign up for triple-play package including a home phone.
How to compare broadband & TV deals
- Price: For most people, price will be the most important factor when it comes to choosing a broadband package.
- Broadband speed: The speed you can get will depend on the broadband provider you go for and the type of broadband available where you live.
- TV channels: You will need to decide what channels you would like and whether or not you want any extras, like sports channels or Sky Cinema.
- Contract length: Most broadband and TV packages have 12-18 month contracts. Check this before you sign up and how much you will pay after your discount period ends.
- Installation costs: Look at the installation costs, as well as the monthly costs when you’re comparing deals. Some providers offer free installation, but others may need an upfront charge.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving