Broadband and TV Deals
Broadband and TV bundles include broadband & TV all in one package from the same provider. These deals normally include:
- Broadband in a variety of speeds, depending on what’s available in your area.
- A variety of TV channels - and the ability to add on sports, Sky Cinema etc.
- Features like the ability to pause, rewind and record live TV.
- Some of these packages also come with a home phone plan included.
Which providers offer broadband and TV?
Most of the large Irish providers including eir, Sky, Virgin Media & Vodafone offer combined broadband and TV packages. Their deals range from standard TV channels & broadband to unlimited broadband & 100’s of TV channels. What you get depends on the provider you choose and your budget.
Why get broadband and TV together as a bundle?
You can make great savings by getting both from the same provider. It also means you will have just one provider to deal and only one bill coming in each month.
How much does broadband & TV cost?
|Provider||Plan Name||Year 1 Cost|
|eir||eir TV Plus & Broadband plus Off-Peak||€530|
|Vodafone||TV & Simply Broadband + Home Unlimited||€630|
|Virgin||Virgin Mix 250||€750|
|Sky||Sky Signature with Sky Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime||€815|
*1st Year Total cost includes any upfront costs such as installation fees.
Which broadband and TV packages have Sky Sports?
Sky sports which comes with 8 sports channels, including Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Golf, and Sky Sports F1 can be added to all Sky TV packages and also Virgin Media & Vodafone TV plans at an additional monthly cost.
Which broadband and TV packages have Sky Cinema?
Sky Cinema which has has 11 movie channels, and a new film premiere every day can be added to eir, Virgin Media & Vodafone TV plans at an additional monthly cost. If you are a Sky customer you could also opt for the Sky Signature with Sky Cinema plan, which has dedicated Sky Cinema channels included.
What should I think about when signing up?
- Price. For most people, price will be the most important factor when it comes to choosing a broadband package.
- Broadband speed. The speed you can get will depend on the broadband provider you go for and the type of broadband available where you live.
- TV channels. You will need to decide what channels you would like and whether or not you want any extras, like sports channels or Sky Cinema.
- Contract length. Most broadband and TV packages have 12-18 month contracts. Make sure to check this before you sign up, and take note of when your discount period ends, and how much you will pay after that so you can budget for it.
- Installation costs. Look at the installation costs, as well as the monthly costs when you’re comparing deals. Some providers offer free installation, while with others there’ll be an upfront charge.
Are there other types of broadband bundles?
There are several different options in terms of bundles, depending on what your needs are.
Broadband and phone packages
If you don’t require a TV package, but you do want a home phone plan, think about signing up to to a broadband and phone package:
- You will usually save by bundling broadband and phone.
- Providers sometimes require you to have a phone line in order to provide you with broadband, so adding on home phone can be convenient.
- You’ll only need to deal with one provider, instead of several.
Broadband, TV and phone deals
If you want to opt for broadband and TV, but also require a home phone, you could go for what’s known as a ‘triple-play’ deal. The main providers of broadband, TV and home phone bundles are eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone.
Again, bundling these services will generally save you money, when compared to getting them all from separate providers. It’s also convenient to only have to deal with one provider, rather than different ones for each service.
Can I get a TV-only package?
Yes however TV only or standalone deals are only available through Sky and Vodafone. To get a TV plan Vodafone you need to sign up to one of their broadband plans.