Refurbished iPhones and Samsung
You could make huge savings on your next iPhone or Samsung with GetTech.
What are the iPhone 11 key features?
The Apple iPhone 11 boasts some impressive features, including:
- A new ultra-wide camera: with a dual camera lens. The iPhone 11 camera has a 2x optical zoom, 5x digital zoom and ultra-wide ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view.
- Stunning 6.1 inch Liquid Retina HD display: with 1792x828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi.
- Face ID: so you can unlock your iPhone 11 just by looking at it. Face ID is more secure than Touch ID and you can use it to log in to your apps and with Apple Pay.
- Superfast A13 smartphone chip: the precursor to the latest A14 chip, but still super speedy.
You also get:
- 64GB, 1286GB or 512GB of internal storage
- Built-in GPS/GNSS
- Apple Pay
- Haptic touch tech so you can access shortcut buttons on the lock screen
What colours does the iPhone 11 come in?
There are six colours to choose from:
If you choose a red handset then Apple will make a donation to the Global Fund to fight COVID-19.
How much is the iPhone 11?
You can buy a new iPhone 11 handset from €709 from the Apple website, the prices vary depending on the memory size you choose:
- €709 for a 64GB iPhone 11
- €759 for a 128GB iPhone 11
- €879 for a 256GB iPhone 11
If you have an unused iPhone, then you can save money on your new phone by trading in your old one. Find out more at the Apple Trade In site.
Looking for a cheaper iPhone?
Check out the iPhone SE:
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max: What’s the difference?
The three iPhone 11 handsets are all slightly different, the iPhone 11 is the cheapest and you’ll pay the most for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Here are some of the main differences:
Here are the specs for each handset display:
- iPhone 11: 6.1 inch Liquid Retina display
- iPhone 11 Pro: 5.8 inch Super Retina display
- iPhone 11 Pro Max 6.5 inch Super Retina display
You’ll notice that the iPhone 11 Pro actually has a smaller screen than the cheaper iPhone 11, but it’s the higher quality Super Retina display, which boast OLED tech.
Perhaps the standout difference, the camera is one of the main selling points of the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max handsets.
With a standard iPhone 11 you’ll get a dual camera lens, but with a Pro or Pro Max they’ve upped the ante even more with a new triple camera lens.
Apple says this extra lens powers an improved 4x optical zoom, although there’s some debate how much of a difference this actually makes.
All three iPhone 11 models have Face ID, Night Mode and the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pros have the same 12MP front-facing camera.
The battery has been vastly improved on all three iPhone 11 models, but the Pro models have seen the biggest upgrade.
If you measure this by video playback time, a full charge should last:
- Up to 17 hours using the iPhone 11
- Up to 18 hours using the iPhone 11 Pro
- Up to 20 hours using the iPhone 11 Pro Max
What about Apple’s latest devices?
If you want even more features, more power and can up your budget then here’s what iPhones are on offer:
iPhone 11 FAQs
Does the iPhone 11 come with AirPods?
No, but you will get a pair of Earpods with a Lightning Connector free with your iPhone 11.
You can get a pair of AirPods from €179 from the Apple website.
Does the iPhone 11 support wireless charging?
Yes you can use any Qi-certified wireless charger with your iPhone 11.
How do I take a screen shot on my iPhone 11?
To take a screenshot using your iPhone 11 simply press the volume up button and the lock button at the same time.
Your screen will flash and your screenshot will be added to your Photos.
If you’re using iOS 11 or later a preview of your screenshot will also be shown in the corner of your screen.
How long does it take to charge an iPhone 11?
Apple claim you can charge your battery to 50% in 30 minutes using their fast charging 18w adaptor, which is sold separately.
The iPhone doesn’t include the 18w charger but the iPhone Pro and Pro Max do.
How much is iPhone 11 mobile phone insurance?
This depends on the type of cover you choose for your new iPhone.
For help choosing a phone insurance policy read our guide: Do you need mobile phone insurance?
Is the iPhone 11 waterproof?
No, but it is water resistant.
Apple say that the iPhone 11 is water resistant up to a depth of 2 meters for 30 minutes, which is double the depth of the iPhone XR.
What's included in the iPhone 11 box?
Along with your brand new iPhone 11, you’ll also get:
- A pair of EarPods with a Lightning Connector
- A Lightning to USB cable
- A USB power adaptor
- User manual