The iPhone 13 mini is small but perfectly formed, packing in more features, power and upgrades than its predecessor. Take a look at Apple’s latest small 5G offering in the new iPhone 13 series.
Key features of the iPhone 13 mini
The iPhone mini shares many of the same features as the larger iPhone 13, including:
- Most advanced dual camera: Designed diagonally, the new wide and ultra wide cameras catch more light and increase clarity even in the darkest parts of your photos.
- TrueDepth camera system: Includes features like Cinematic mode which lets you create professional looking movies with automatic depth and focus effects.
- Superfast A15 Bionic chip: Brings more power, faster graphics, better privacy security, and extends battery life by up to 1.5 hours.
- Super Retina XDR OLED display: Delivers brighter, richer, true to life colours right across the spectrum, and razor sharp images.
- 5G connectivity: Whether you’re streaming, gaming or downloading, it brings the power when you need it, and eases off automatically when you don’t.
Other features worth a mention
- Ceramic shield, made of tougher stuff than any smartphone glass
- Facial recognition ID
- 128GB, 256GB or 512GB storage capacity
- 5.4 inch display & 140g
- Splash, water & dust resistant to IP68 rating
- Up to 17 hours video playback or 13 hours streamed
How much does the iPhone 13 mini cost?
If you buy the iPhone 13 mini from the Irish Apple website, here’s what you’ll pay for each storage option:
- €829 for 128GB
- €949 for 256GB
- €1,179 for 512GB
If you decide to trade-in your old iPhone, you could get up to €610 off your new device with Apple Trade In, depending on its condition, model and storage capacity.
What colours can you get the iPhone 13 mini in?
The iPhone 13 mini comes in five different stylish colours, but not all of these may be available in Ireland.
- Product Red*
*By choosing a Product Red handset, Apple will make a donation to the global fight against COVID-19.
What other handsets are in the iPhone 13 series?
As well as the iPhone 13 mini, you can also get:
You can see how their features compare by reading our iPhone 13 page.
Looking for a cheaper iPhone?
If you don’t need all the latest features, you’ll pay a lot less for one of Apple’s older models. Here are some other iPhones to consider:
You could also consider buying a refurbished phone. Some refurbished handsets have the appearance of a new phone but are offered with a big discount.
Then, you can look for a SIM-only deal that suits your usage habits. SIM only deals are usually much cheaper than bill pay contracts so you could save even more.
iPhone 13 mini FAQs
When was the iPhone 13 mini released?
The iPhone 13 mini went on sale on 24 September 2021 in Ireland.
How big is the iPhone 13 mini?
The iPhone 13 mini is 131.5mm long x 64.2mm wide x 7.65mm deep, weighing 140g.
How much more battery life does the iPhone 13 mini have?
There are a number of factors that can affect the battery performance but testing has shown you can get up to 1.5 hours more battery life compared with the iPhone 12 mini.
The other iPhone 13 models offer even higher increases on battery life than their equivalent iPhone 12 models.
Is the iPhone 13 mini waterproof?
It has been given an IP68 rating which means it’s dust, splash and water resistant, up to a depth of 6 metres for up to 30 minutes.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.