iPhone 13 Pro Max top features
The Pro Max is the ace in the iPhone pack. It boasts the biggest screen, the beefiest battery and houses Apple’s best ever camera upgrade. The iPhone 13 Pro Max is a powerhouse of features, some of the standout ones include:
- 6.7” Super Retina XDR display: The super-bright OLED display provides exhilarating colour and super sharp definition. ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz ensures lag and stutter-free gameplay.
- A15 Bionic chip: This smart chip superpowers everything you do with dedicated neural networks that can perform 15.8 trillion operations per second. You’ll get to work, rest and play with the world’s fastest smartphone chip.
- Pro 12MP camera system: Houses a wide, ultra wide and telephoto lens with 6x zoom and a portfolio of stunning new modes to give all your creations a professional finish.
- LiDAR scanner technology: Breaks new ground with laser created 3D depth maps and Night Mode for low light photography. Faster sensor data also improves augmented reality apps and gaming.
- Advanced battery life: 18.5% more powerful than the iPhone 12 Pro Max, you’ll get up to 28 hours video playback and around 25 hours if you’re streaming.
- Premium design: The quality stainless steel build with a Ceramic Shield front and textured matt glass back guards the phone against damage.
- Brand new iOS 15: The latest update offers powerful new features that enables you to connect, protect and explore more than ever and get more out of Apps like Maps, FaceTime and Wallet.
You’ll also get
- 5G connectivity
- 128GB up to 1TB
- IP68 Splash, water & dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- Face ID, Apple pay and Siri
How good is iPhone Pro Max camera?
The iPhone 13 Pro Max camera is Apple’s most advanced pro camera system ever. Here’s what you’ll get with the Pro Max:
Ultra Wide Camera: It captures more light, has a faster sensor and an all-new autofocus to bring macro photography to your fingertips. Macro photography is the art of making small objects look life-size or larger and with the Pro Max camera you can even shoot macro videos, in slow-mo or time lapse.
Wide Camera: The wider aperture captures 2.2x more light so you can create detailed shots at any time of day. The LiDAR scanner uses lasers to judge distance and depth and is put to good use with the camera to create stunningly sharp Night mode portraits.
Telephoto: Get up close and personal with the 3x optical zoom and a 6x optical zoom range across all cameras with more framing and lighting options than ever.
TrueDepth Camera: Harnesses dot projection for better depth data so you can produce cinematic quality photos and 4K video with a new deck of exciting modes, like Portrait mode with advanced Bokeh or the new Cinematic mode which shifts focus between subjects and people so you don’t have to.
The neural engine powers Deep Fusion and Smart HD4 for optimised content, even in low light and if that is not enough to quench your creative thirst, you can experiment with new Photographic Styles for true to life, amazing pics.
Want to record, edit and share your creations on the go? ProRes allows you to make quality edits and enhancements and even change the focus of your shots, all from your handset.
What colours are on offer?
You can choose from four colours on the Apple website, although not all colour choices are available from networks in Ireland.
- Sierra Blue
What other devices are in the iPhone 13 series?
Alongside the iPhone 13 Pro Max, Apple have also released:
Check out our features comparison on the iPhone 13 page.
How much is the iPhone 13 Pro Max in Ireland?
You can buy all the new iPhone 13 models directly from the Apple website. Here’s the latest prices.
|iPhone 13 mini||€829||€949||€1,179||-|
|iPhone 13 Pro||€1,179||€1,299||€1,529||€1,759|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||€1,279||€1,399||€1,629||€1,859|
Buy a brand new iPhone 13 from Apple
Buying your new iPhone 13 upfront allows you to switch to a flexible SIM-only deal. Opting for a SIM-only deal is cheaper in the long run and you won’t be tied into a contract.
Is it worth paying extra for the iPhone 13 Pro Max?
Both 5G handsets are powered by an A15 Bionic chip and have the same Pro12MP camera system and build quality, but there are several differences:
|Model||Screen size||Resolution||Video playback||Audio playback||Weight|
|iPhone 13 Pro||6.1”||2532x1170 pixels||Up to 22 hours||Up to 75 hours||203 grams|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||6.7”||2778x1284 pixels||Up to 28 hours||Up to 95 hours||238 grams|
What are the premium alternatives?
High performance, high-end iPhone models often ship with an equally steep price tag, so you’ll want the best. Compare the Pro Max with these other elite phones to see how they match up.
Check out our device pages for more information about features and pricing from Ireland’s top mobile networks.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.
iPhone 13 Pro Max FAQs
How big is the iPhone 13 Pro Max?
The dimensions of the iPhone 13 Pro Max are 78.1mm (W) x 160.8mm (H) x 7.65mm (D). It weighs 238 grams.
Can I trade in my old iPhone?
Yes, if you have an older iPhone, you can use Apple Trade-In and get €80 to €610 off your iPhone 13 Pro Max, depending on the model, storage and condition of your handset.
What's in the iPhone 13 Pro Max box?
The handset and a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.
How much is iPhone 13 mobile phone insurance?
It depends on the level of cover you choose for your new iPhone.
For advice on choosing a phone insurance policy, visit our guide Do you need mobile phone insurance?
When was iPhone 13 Pro Max released?
The iPhone 13 Pro Max was released in October 2021.