Meet the truly smart iPhone 13 Pro. Here’s everything you need to know about its innovative features, plus compare deals from the top Irish mobile networks.
What are the key features of the iPhone 13 Pro?
With similar features to the powerful iPhone 13, the Pro raises the bar even higher. Here are some of its main benefits:
- Super Retina XDR OLED display with ProMotion: ProMotion technology ups the ante on the way your phone refreshes. It adapts by keeping up with your movements, and winding down when you do, to save on power. The 120Hz refresh rate and stunning graphics are a dream for gamers.
- Pro 12MP camera system: Three rear facing cameras plus a front camera are perfect for exploring macro photography, night mode, autofocus and lots of effects and styles. You’ll be stunned at the detail and light you can capture day and night.
- A15 Bionic chip: Features a new 5-core GPU for 50% faster graphics, better privacy security, and extends battery life by up to 1.5 hours.
- 5G connectivity: Do everything faster and with ease. Whether you’re streaming, gaming or downloading, 5G brings the power when you need it, and eases off automatically when you don’t.
Other features worth a mention
- Ceramic Shield front and stainless steel design
- Facial recognition ID
- 6.1 inch display & 203g
- Up to 1TB storage capacity
- Splash, water & dust resistant to IP68 rating
- Up to 22 hours video playback or 20 hours streamed
- Fast charge capable with 20W adapter or more
What cameras does the iPhone 13 Pro have?
The iPhone 13 Pro’s camera system has been turbo charged with three of Apple’s most powerful cameras ever. Here’s more about what each camera offers:
- Ultra Wide Camera: Captures 92% more light than the iPhone 12 Pro, has a faster sensor and can autofocus at just 2cm, bringing macro photography to life. You can also shoot mind-blowing macro videos, including in slow-mo or time lapse modes.
- Wide Camera: With a wider aperture and Apple’s largest sensor yet, it captures 2.2x more light, giving you all round sharper, better quality photos. The LiDAR scanner enables night mode portraits.
- Telephoto: 77mm focal length and 3x optical zoom is good for both close ups and distance shots, without compromising on the detail. Night mode helps to capture more drama and contrast, even when the light is low.
What about the front camera?
The front TrueDepth Camera has six lighting effects for portraits, and Cinematic mode which helps you shoot videos effortlessly with shallow depth of field. Plus, you can even change the focus after you’ve finished shooting.
There’s also ProRes which can deliver an end-to-end pro workflow. You can record, edit and send the final cut using your phone alone with ProRes, even when you’re on the move.
Together with the A15 Bionic chip, the TrueDepth Camera powers Face ID, the most secure type of facial recognition you can get in a smartphone.
How much does the iPhone 13 Pro cost?
There are four storage capacity options that will affect the cost of your iPhone 13 Pro. Here are all the options and what you’ll pay for each on the Apple website:
- 128GB for €1,179
- 256GB for €1,299
- 512GB for €1,529
- 1TB for €1,759
If you have an old iPhone, you could use Apple Trade In and get €80 to €610 off your iPhone 13 Pro, depending on the model, storage and condition of your handset.
What colour does the iPhone Pro come in?
You can choose from one of these smart, stylish colours:
- Sierra Blue
What other handsets are in the iPhone 13 series?
As well as the iPhone 13 Pro, you can also get:
You can see how their features compare by reading our iPhone 13 page.
How does the iPhone Pro Max compare?
The Pro Max is a bit more expensive than the Pro, and it’s a larger handset.
Our iPhone 13 Pro Max page compares the differences between the two devices to help you work out if it’s worth the extra money.
Looking for a cheaper option?
If you’re open to an alternative make or older handset, there are lots of options available. Here are some of the alternatives to consider:
You could also consider buying a refurbished phone, they range in condition and you’ll pay a lot less than you would for new.
If you choose to go down this route, or buy a new device, you’ll need to find a SIM-only deal that suits your usage habits.
iPhone 13 Pro FAQs
When was the iPhone 13 Pro released in Ireland?
The iPhone 13 Pro was released on 24 September 2021.
What's in the iPhone 13 Pro box?
In the box, you’ll find:
- iPhone 13 Pro handset with iOS 15
- USB‑C to Lightning Cable
Is the iPhone 13 Pro waterproof?
It has the IP68 industry rating which means it’s dust, splash and water resistant to a maximum depth of 6 metres for up to 30 minutes.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.