It’s faster, brighter and stronger than ever before. Here’s all you need to know about Apple’s powerful new iPhone 13, including where to find the best iPhone deals from Ireland’s top mobile networks.
What’s so good about the iPhone 13?
The iPhone 13 combines power and durability with Apple’s classic design and new, innovative features:
- Advanced dual camera: An innovative diagonal camera design with faster sensors that pull in 47% more light than the iPhone 12 camera for greater definition and steadier shots. The new 12MP Ultra Wide camera captures more view without losing focus.
- True Depth camera system: Stunning new modes to enhance your photos and a new Cinematic mode for professional 4K video that shifts focus so you don’t have to. Now you can personalise your pics with Photographic Styles and optimise contrast with Smart HD4 so everyone looks their best.
- Superfast 5G: For game-changing entertainment and downloads up to 100 times faster than your 4G phone.
- Durable, flat-edged design: The tough aluminium build with a Ceramic Shield glass back and edge to edge screen makes the phone more resistant to drops and scratches.
- 6.1 “ Super Retina XDR display: The super-bright OLED display provides vibrant, accurate colour with extra-sharp definition wherever you are, at any time of day.
- A15 Bionic chip: Super powers everything you do and boosts the iPhone 13 battery life by 2.5 hours.
- Brand new iOS 15: The latest update provides powerful new features that helps you connect, protect and explore better with updated built-in Apps like FaceTime, Maps, and Wallet.
Other iPhone 13 features
- 128GB up to 512GB
- 2x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom
- IP68 Splash, water & dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- Face ID, Apple pay and Siri
What colours does the iPhone 13 come in?
You can choose from five colours on the Apple website, although not all will be available to buy from mobile networks in Ireland. The iPhone 13 colours include:
- Product Red*
*Every iPhone 13 purchased in Product Red contributes directly to the Global Fund to combat COVID‑19.
How much does the iPhone 13 cost in Ireland?
You can buy a new iPhone 13 from €929 from the Apple website. The price tag depends on storage capacity.
- €929 for a 128GB
- €1,049 for a 256GB
- €1,279 for a 512GB
If you plan to upgrade an old phone you could get between €50 and €610 off your new iPhone 13 with Apple Trade-In via the Apple website, terms and conditions apply.
What iPhone 13 models are on offer?
In Ireland, Apple has released four models:
How the iPhone 13 models compare
All the iPhone 13 handsets are 5G, have an A15 Bionic chip and a Super Retina XDR OLED display, but here are the main differences:
|Model||Screen size||Build||Battery life||Cameras||Extras|
|iPhone 13 mini||5.4”||Aluminium||17 hours video playback||Dual 12MP cameras, 2x optical zoom|
|iPhone 13||6.1”||Aluminium||19 hours video playback||Dual 12MP cameras, 2x optical zoom|
|iPhone 13 Pro||6.1”||Stainless steel||22 hours video playback||Pro 12MP camera system, Telephoto, 6x optical zoom||120 Hz ProMotion, LiDAR Scanner, 1TB storage|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||6.7”||Stainless steel||28 hours video playback||Pro 12MP camera system, Telephoto, 6x optical zoom||120 Hz ProMotion, LiDar Scanner, 1TB storage|
The newest iPhone devices often come with a hefty price tag. If you’re not sure about splashing out on the latest model here are some cheaper options.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.
iPhone 13 FAQs
What's included in the iPhone 13 box?
The handset and a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.
The iPhone 13 doesn’t include a power adapter or EarPods.
What iPhone features are new with iOS 15?
The new iOS 15 was released on 20th September 2021.
Here’s a summary of some of the main updates:
- FaceTime calls will feel more natural with spatial audio plus new Focus features and Portrait mode
- Apple Maps has a new 3D city-driving experience and walking directions in augmented reality
- Find your iPhone even if your phone is turned off
- Dedicated Apple Two-Factor Authenticator
- New look Safari browser
- Wallet adds support for home keys
- New Shared With You feature
- New privacy controls in Siri, Mail and across the system to further protect user information
What size is the iPhone 13?
The dimensions of the iPhone 13 are 71.5mm (W) x 146.7mm (L) x 7.65mm (D). It weighs 174 grams.
How much is iPhone 13 mobile phone insurance?
It depends on the level of cover you choose for your new iPhone.
For advice about choosing a phone insurance policy and what you can expect to pay, visit our page Do you need mobile phone insurance?
When was the iPhone 13 released in Ireland?
The iPhone 13 went on sale on the 24th September 2021.