The Apple iPhone SE is available for pre-order from 11th March and will start shipping from 18th March.
Apple iPhone SE 3 key features
The iPhone SE (2022) combines power and durability with Apple’s iconic design all at an affordable price. Here’s the standout features sure to make the latest iPhone SE as popular as the original.
- 4.7” LCD display: The bright Retina HD display provides vibrant, true-to-life colour on your screen and super-sharp definition.
- Superfast 5G: For a game-changing online experience, blisteringly fast downloads and lag-free gaming at the most affordable price yet.
- Advanced single camera system: The 12MP wide-angle lens and 7MP selfie camera with quad LED dual-tone flash makes for impressive, true colour snaps in any light.
- Enhanced 4K Video Get creative with Slo-Mo and Time-lapse and when the camera’s rolling iPhone’s enhanced video will pick up every detail, even after dark, so you create superb, shareable content in a flash.
- Smart enhancements: Enjoy stunning new modes to enhance your shots like Deep Fusion and Portrait mode. Now you can personalise your pics with Photographic Styles and optimise contrast with Smart HD4 so everyone looks picture perfect.
- Durable, iconic design: The aluminium build with tough glass front and back not only looks great but makes the iPhone SE incredibly drop and scratch-resistant.
- New iOS 15: The latest update provides powerful new features that help you connect, protect and explore better with updated built-in Apps like HD FaceTime video calling, Maps, and Wallet.
You’ll also get:
A choice of three colours, Starlight, Midnight, Product Red* plus:
- Qi Wireless charging
- Front-mounted Touch ID
- IP67 splash, water & dust resistant
- Face ID, Apple pay and Siri
*A portion of the proceeds from every Product Red purchase goes to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, however, until 31 December, those proceeds will go to the Global Fund’s COVID‑19 Response.
Memory, performance, and battery life
The iPhone SE is packed with performance power thanks to its A15 Bionic chip, which gives the iPhone SE the same processing power as the iPhone 13.
You can also choose from 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB memory, all with 3GB RAM. This is lower than the iPhone 13, but the A15 Bionic chip boosts processing power and battery life so you can multi-task all day long without a hitch.
Apple doesn’t disclose the size of the battery, but the table below gives an estimate of how long your built-in lithium-ion battery should last while doing common tasks.
|Video playback||Up to 15 hours|
|Video playback (streamed)||Up to 10 hours|
|Audio playback||Up to 50 hours|
|Fast charging 18W with up to 50% charge in 30 minutes|
Is it better than the iPhone SE 2nd generation?
Yes, power, performance, and durability have been enhanced. This is how it compares:
- A more powerful A15 Bionic chip
- 5G for faster streaming and gameplaying
- Up to 2 hours more video playback
- Up to 1.2 x faster graphic performance
- Tougher glass, front and back
How much is the iPhone SE 3?
The bill-pay price will vary across networks and the type of plan you choose.
If you want to buy the handset upfront, here are the prices on the Ireland’s Apple website shown by memory size.
Buy a new iPhone SE from Apple
Buying your new iPhone SE upfront means you can switch to a SIM-only deal.
If you can afford to buy outright, this could save you money in the long run and move to a cheaper deal whenever you like.
How to get the best iPhone SE deal
If the iPhone SE takes your fancy, you’ll want to find the best plan and network so have a think about these things before signing up for a new contract:
- Budget: Work out how much you can afford each month and what you can pay upfront. You may be able to find a deal with a free handset but you’ll have to pay more per month.
- Data: Unlimited data plans are gaining popularity in Ireland, but if you do opt for a cheaper, data-limited plan make sure the monthly cap is enough. The average smartphone user gets through about 5GB per month.
- Length of contract: Bill pay phones are often on 24-month contracts, whereas SIM-only plans usually last 30 days or 12 months.
What other Apple iPhones are available on Bill Pay?
Apple has a decent range of contract phones available in Ireland and you can still buy older iPhones from most of Ireland’s mobile providers.
To compare features and prices simply click to see great deals from Ireland’s top mobile networks.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.
Apple iPhone SE FAQs
Can I trade in my old Apple phone?
Yes, Apple offer trade-in options for an instant discount. You can even trade in your old Mac, iPad or Watch for money off your new purchase. Find out more at Ireland’s Apple webstore.
Is the iPhone SE 3 waterproof?
The iPhone SE has an IP67 standard for water and dust resistance. This means your handset is protected in water up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
What type of SIM card does the iPhone SE 3rd Gen take?
Most iPhone models work with nano-SIM cards and eSIMs provided by a mobile network. They’ll work on most 5G and 4G LTE networks around the world.
eSIM technology allows you to add a voice and data plan to your iPhone without using a physical nano-SIM card. You’ll need to scan a valid QR code from your mobile network to activate your SIM.
Compare refurbished phones
You could make huge savings on your next device with GetTech.