The iPhone SE has the same powerful A13 Bionic chip as the iPhone 11 but it’s a fraction of the price. A compact design with plenty of style, this budget Apple device is likely to be a big hit.
When was the iPhone SE released in Ireland?
The new iPhone SE was released on 24 April 2020.
What are the iPhone SE’s key features?
Here are some of the main features the iPhone SE has to offer:
- 4.7” Retina HD Display: which is the same size as previous popular phones like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 8.
- A13 Bionic chip: which is also in the iPhone 11 series, making the phone great for gaming and photography.
- QuickTake Video: that lets you instantly start recording, even in photo mode, by just holding the shutter - so you don’t miss those special moments.
- Portrait mode: which blurs the background to help you focus on the most important part.
- Depth control: simply use the slider to decide how detailed you want the background to be.
- Touch ID: to unlock your phone, use with Apple Pay and get new apps.
- iOS 13: which gives you access to the latest features like Dark Mode and Siri shortcuts.
How much does the iPhone SE cost in Ireland?
It depends how much storage you need, here are the iPhone SE prices for each option from the Apple website:
- €491 for 64GB
- €541 for 128GB
- €658 for 256GB
You also have the option to trade in a phone and get money off - how much you get will depend on the model.
What iPhone SE colours are there?
If you choose a red phone, Apple will donate money to the Global Fund to fight COVID-19.
Should you get the iPhone SE?
If you’re on a tight budget, the iPhone SE is much more affordable than its competition.
It doesn’t have the same advanced features as the iPhone 12 like face ID and an ultra-wide camera, but it runs off the same superfast chip so it’s not lacking in speed.
If you’re looking for a fast, compact, stylish phone with a high-quality camera, but a fewer frills than its superior models, it’s well worth checking out.
If you haven’t made your mind up yet, take a look at what these handsets offer:
You can also compare Samsung and Huawei bill pay phones.
iPhone SE FAQs
Does the iPhone SE have Dual SIM?
Yes, it has a nano-SIM and eSIM so you can have two separate numbers if you wish.
Not all providers support eSIM, so check first. You can find out more about how Dual SIM works on the Apple website.
Does the iPhone SE offer wireless charging?
Yes, you can charge the phone wirelessly using a Qi charger.
How do I take a screenshot on my iPhone SE?
To take a screenshot using your iPhone SE, press the power button on the right hand side and home button at the same time.
Your screen will flash white and your screenshot will be added to your Photos album.
How long does the iPhone SE battery last?
It depends what you use the phone for as to how long the battery will last. Apple say that one charge gives you:
- Up to 13 hours of video playback
- Up to 8 hours of streamed video playback
- Up to 40 hours of audio playback
You can buy an 18W fast charge adapter and restore your battery from zero to 50% in 30 minutes.
Is the iPhone SE waterproof?
No, it’s not fully waterproof but it is water and dust resistant.
It’s been rated IP67 which means it can withstand up to 30 minutes in water up to one metre deep.
What's included in the box when you buy a new iPhone SE?
When you open your new iPhone SE box, you’ll find the following things:
- iPhone SE with iOS 13
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB power adapter
- User manual