Ireland’s best iPhone deals
Apple continues to revolutionise and lead the way in mobile phone sales. Whether you’re looking for a cheap iPhone or the latest bill pay deals, here are the best iPhone offers from Ireland’s top networks.
iPhone 15: The latest device from Apple
The new Apple iPhone 15 takes a step closer to a world without borders. All iPhone 15 models will adopt the Dynamic Island display and USB-C connectivity, while the Pro and Pro Max’s luxurious titanium chassis will have minimised borders to maximise display. The Pro models will also be powered by the new, snappier A17 bionic chip and iOS 17.
48MP Dual Camera - 6.1” Screen Size - 20 Hours Battery Life - A16 Bionic Chip
With the addition of a 48MP main camera to match its rivals, the iPhone 15 comes with some upgrade-worthy changes. Although the iPhone 15 still shares much in common with its predecessor, like the 12MP Ultra Wide camera, display size and design; it now boasts these new features:
- Dynamic Island: Introduced to the Pro series last year, this pill-shaped area fluidly displays anything from sports scores, map directions and alerts to call notifications and music controls to help you stay on top of it all.
- 48MP Main camera: For super-high resolution and snapshots in stunning detail, plus 2 x telephoto for perfect portraits.
- A6 Bionic chip: The new chip brings zippier processing power, better battery life and glitch-free gameplay.
- USB-C connectivity Replacing the iconic lightning cable, this universal connector makes charging and transfers faster and simpler.
- Colour-infused back glass: Five glorious colours with a textured matt finish and contoured edges for durability and comfort.
- New iOS 17 Released in September 2023 brings big improvements to calls, messages and Facetime. Also keyboard enhancements and sharing features.
iPhone 15 Plus
48MP Dual Camera - 6.7” Screen Size - 26 Hours Battery Life - A16 Bionic Chip
The new iPhone 15 Plus enjoys the same 48MP dual-camera upgrade, new Dynamic Island and powerful A16 chip as the iPhone 15. It’s just larger with a longer-lasting battery for those who want to squeeze more than 24 hours out of their day.
- Super Retina XDR Display: At 6.7” and with an 88% screen-to-body ratio there’s more room to enjoy extraordinary graphics, smooth 60 Hz scrolling, and the new powerful camera system with Night mode and 4K HDR video.
- An all-day+ battery: Up to 30 hours of video playback and faster charging speeds thanks to the plus size battery.
iPhone 15 Pro
48MP Pro Camera System - 6.1” Screen Size - 23 Hours Battery Life - A17 Pro Chip - Up to 1TB
The Apple iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max get a notable design revamp with a titanium body and curved, barely-there borders for a lightweight but super-tough device. Here’s what sets the new iPhone 15 Pro ahead of the pack:
- Space-grade titanium with minimal bezels for a beautiful but tough look and feel. With its lightweight casing and thinnest borders ever, the Pro punches above its weight in every way.
- Advanced Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion. Besides a stunning display, it ramps up refresh rates to 120Hz when you need exceptional graphics performance and powers down to save battery life when you don’t.
- 48MP Pro Camera system: Alongside the powerful 48MP main camera, the Pro Camera now boasts a 3x optical zoom and 15x digital zoom to get up close and personal.
- Intuitive, Dynamic Island: This interactive display pill helps you stay across notifications, alerts and live action with the minimum of fuss. Touch and hold to control music, see your location in Maps and interact with friends.
- A17 Bionic Chip: Their most powerful chip yet boosts performance and battery life to foster industry-leading speed and efficiency. Coupled with more RAM, this is mobile tech at its peak.
- New Action Button Personalise it and get shortcuts to all your favourite, regular tasks or functions.
- Always-On Display: Means your lock screen is always glanceable, but detects when it’s in your pocket or face down and goes dark to save battery life.
iPhone 15 Pro Max
48MP Pro Camera System - 6.7” Screen Size - 29 Hours Battery Life - A17 Pro Chip - Up to 1TB
The iPhone Pro Max is the ace in the pack. With a monster 6.7” screen, mobile games and video will feel even more immersive and realistic, thanks to the new A17 Pro chip delivering Apple’s best-ever graphics performance. Expect the same quality features as the iPhone 15 Pro, but with an exceptional all-day battery life and super-sized screen to boot.
- 48MP camera with 5x telephoto: To compliment the powerful 48MP main camera, the Pro Camera system now boasts the longest optical zoom of any iPhone ever for sharper, close-ups from further away.
- A beast of a battery: The best battery of all, with up to 29 hours of exceptional video playback and faster charging speeds.
Is it worth upgrading to the iPhone 15?
Although the iPhone 15 boasts some new features - notably the 48MP front camera - it shares a similar spec to the iPhone 14 series, so it’s perhaps not worth ditching your iPhone 14 just yet. Unless, of course, you’re looking for a camera upgrade and like the sound of the new Dynamic Island to keep on top of it all.
If you’re looking for a style refresh and mobile graphics and performance in a class of their own, the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max models could be the ticket, but expect to pay more for the premium experience.
When will the iPhone 16 be released?
Predicted for release around September 2024, the iPhone 16 series has been rumoured to feature:
- a faster, more power-efficient chip
- camera enhancements with a periscope zoom lens
- further changes or even the ditching of the Dynamic Island
- more AI-powered features
It’s also rumoured that the display screen on the Pro models will increase to 6.3” and 6.9” for the Pro Max although it is expected the iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus will remain the same size.
How to get a cheaper iPhone
If you’re set on buying an iPhone, but prices are too high for your budget, one of the best ways to get a cheaper iPhone is to buy a pre-owned, refurbished mobile phone.
Discontinued iPhones, like the popular iPhone 14 Pro, can often be found on refurb websites at a fraction of the release price too.
Find out if refurbished phones are worth it in our guide Should you buy a refurbished phone?. It gives you the lowdown on what to expect with a second-hand phone and where to buy one.
Not only are refurbished iPhones cheaper and unlocked, but you can also save money by switching to a SIM-only plan. When you’re ready to make the switch, find great value SIM-only plans from Ireland’s best mobile network providers on our SIM-only deals page.
Can you trade in an old Apple device?
Yes, if you are looking to upgrade your iPhone 8 or newer, you could qualify for money off your new iPhone with Apple Trade In. An iPhone 11 could give you up to €155 off and an iPhone 14, up to €390 but terms and conditions apply.
Older iPhone models
Another way to buy an iPhone for less is to choose an older model. The performance, cameras and features of many older iPhones are often more than enough for most users.
Here’s a snapshot of a couple of older phones:
In September 2022, Apple launched the iPhone 14 with a True Depth Camera, 6 GB RAM and Super Retina XDR Display. The iPhone 14 Pro series was the first to adopt the 48MP camera and Dynamic Island technology.
2019 marked the birth of the iPhone 11 with an all-new wide, and extra-wide dual camera. It also featured the U1 chip with ultra-wideband technology.
Alongside the iPhone XS series, Apple released iPhone XR in 2018 with a 6.1-inch display. Although this one-off, budget-busting iPhone has a single rear camera, it features the Apple A12 Bionic chipset.
The iPhone X marked a drastic departure for Apple in 2017, replacing the home button with Face ID. It is the first iPhone to feature a 5.8-inch full-screen design and wide notch that became a staple of future iPhones.
The iPhone SE 3 offers a compact, 4-inch display and shares most features with the more expensive iPhone 6s model. It also has an A9 Bionic chipset, 12MP rear camera, and 4K video recording.
iPhone popular questions
When was the iPhone 15 released in Ireland?
The iPhone 15 was released in September 2023, along with the iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
How much is iPhone insurance in Ireland?
It depends on the level of cover you choose for your new iPhone. Monthly insurance for the latest iPhone models costs around €8 per month.
For more advice about choosing a phone insurance policy and what you can expect to pay, visit our page Is mobile phone insurance worth it?
How do I put my iPhone in emergency SOS mode?
With Phone 14 and 15 models, you can use Emergency SOS via satellite to text emergency services when you’re out of cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
Here’s what to do:
- Press and hold the side button on the volume button until the Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Drag the Emergency Call slider to call emergency services. An alert sounds if you continue holding the side button and volume button instead of dragging the slider.
How do I back up my iPhone before I get a new one?
Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and have a full battery, then follow these three simple steps:
- Go to Settings > tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network for the duration. You’ll see the date and time of your backup once the process has finished.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.