Ireland’s best iPhone deals
Apple continues to revolutionise and lead the way in mobile phone sales. Whether you’re looking for a cheap iPhone or the latest bill pay deals, here are the best iPhone offers from Ireland’s top networks.
iPhone 14: The latest device from Apple
Bigger, tougher and lightning quick. All Apple iPhone 14s have enhanced TrueDepth cameras, while the Pro and iPhone Pro Max models house a powerful A16 bionic chip and a new, dynamic island display.
12MP Dual Camera - 6.1” Screen Size - 20 Hours Battery Life - A15 Bionic Chip
The new iPhone 14 has some notable improvements in battery life, speed and camera capability compared to the iPhone 13. With an advanced dual camera system, it still shares many of the main features with its predecessors, like a 12MP camera and A15 processing chip; but it boasts these new features:
- Ultra-wide, TrueDepth camera with night mode: The larger front-facing camera offers a big leap in low-light photos.
- 6GB RAM: An extra 2GB allows seamless switching between messages, emails, games, and social apps.
- Vibrant, Super Retina XDR Display: Twice as bright, colour-accurate graphics for true-to-life videos and gaming in incredible detail.
iPhone 14 Plus
12MP Dual Camera - 6.7” Screen Size - 26 Hours Battery Life - A15 Bionic Chip
The new iPhone Plus shares the same ultra-wide advanced dual camera system, 6GB RAM, 5G speed and A15 chip as the iPhone 14. It’s just larger with an all day battery life for those who enjoy gaming and streaming movies.
If you’re looking for a bigger leap in these areas, you might want to consider the iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Super-sized, Retina XDR Display: At 6.7”, there’s 21% more screen for refined graphics, smoother scrolling, and improved responsiveness.
- A longer-lasting battery: Up to 26 hours of video playback, and faster charging speeds.
iPhone 14 Pro
48MP Pro Camera System - 6.1” Screen Size - 23 Hours Battery Life - A16 Bionic Chip
For the first time, only the Apple iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models were granted the powerful new A16 bionic chip, a dynamic, always-on display and a 48MP main camera. Here’s what sets the new iPhone 14 Pro ahead of the pack:
- 48MP Camera: With a 65% larger sensor than iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro delivers 4x the resolution in ProRAW, for incredible detail in every crop.
- Intuitive, Dynamic Island: This new, interactive display expands fluidly to get your attention, then tucks away again. Touch and hold to control music, see your location in Maps and interact with friends.
- A16 Bionic Chip: Their most powerful chip yet boosts performance and allows the device to run at fast speeds for longer.
- Always-On Display: This means your lock screen is always glanceable, and you don’t have to tap to stay in the know.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
48MP Pro Camera System - 6.7” Screen Size - 29 Hours Battery Life - A16 Bionic Chip
This smartphone is big. The biggest of them all, in fact. Expect the same premium quality as the iPhone 14 Pro, with a prolonged all day battery life and super-sized screen.
- Super-sized, Retina XDR Display: At 6.7”, there’s 21% more viewable area with refined graphics, smoother scrolling, and improved responsiveness powered by the A16 bionic chip.
- A beast of a battery: The best battery of all, with up to 29 hours of video playback and faster-charging speeds.
Is it worth upgrading to iPhone 14 from iPhone 13?
Although the iPhone 14 has some innovative improvements - notably those in the front camera - it shares many similar features to iPhone 13 Pro models, including the camera and processing chip.
If you’re looking for a larger leap in speed and camera capability, the 48MP camera and the super-fast A16 bionic chip were saved for the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models. You just need to be willing to pay around €300 more.
How to get a cheaper iPhone
One of the best ways to get a cheaper iPhone is to buy a pre-owned, refurbished mobile phone.
If you’re looking for an iPhone that’s been discontinued, like the popular iPhone 13 Pro, you can often pick one up on a refurb website. Find out if refurbished phones are worth it in our guide Should you buy a refurbished phone?
Not only are refurbished iPhones cheaper and unlocked, but you can also save money by switching to a SIM-only plan.
When you’re ready to make the switch, we can help you find a great value SIM-only plan from Ireland’s best mobile network providers on our SIM-only deals page.
Older iPhone models
Another way to buy an iPhone for less is to choose an older model. The performance, cameras and features of many older iPhones are often more than enough for most users.
Here’s a snapshot of a couple of older phones:
Powered by the A15 Bionic chipset, the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini and 13 Pro models have boosted batteries, a new video Cinematic Mode, and a dazzling depth effect when recording.
In October 2020, Apple launched the iPhone 12 with a dual rear camera. It was the first iPhone to support 5G, and the first to offer Apple’s wireless charging feature.
2019 marked the birth of the iPhone 11 with an all-new wide, and extra-wide dual camera. It also featured the U1 chip with ultra-wideband technology.
Alongside the iPhone XS series, Apple released iPhone XR in 2018 with a 6.1-inch display. Although this one-off, budget-busting iPhone has a single rear camera, it features the Apple A12 Bionic chipset.
The iPhone X marked a drastic departure for Apple in 2017, replacing the home button with Face ID. It is the first iPhone to feature a 5.8-inch full-screen design and wide notch that became a staple of future iPhones.
The iPhone SE 3 offers a compact, 4-inch display and shares most features with the more expensive iPhone 6s model. It also has an A9 Bionic chipset, 12MP rear camera, and 4K video recording.
Looking for other iPhone models?
Although Apple discontinued some of their previous Pro models, many are still available as refurbished devices.
Other popular iPhone models include:
When was the iPhone 14 released in Ireland?
The iPhone 14 was released in September 2022, along with the iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Can I trade in my old Apple device?
Yes, if you are looking to upgrade your iPhone 8 or newer, you could qualify for money off your new iPhone with Apple Trade In. An iPhone 8 could give you up to €70 off and an iPhone 13, up to €425. Terms and conditions apply.
How much is iPhone insurance?
It depends on the level of cover you choose for your new iPhone. For advice about choosing a phone insurance policy and what you can expect to pay, visit our page Do you need mobile phone insurance?
Where can I buy a refurbished iPhone?
If you’re set on buying the latest iPhone, but prices are too high at the moment, check out our guide, Should you buy a refurbished phone?. It gives you the lowdown on what to expect with a second-hand phone and where to buy one.
How do you unlock an iPhone?
There are two main ways to unlock you iPhone, you can either:
- Contact your phone provider and ask them to unlock it for you if your contract has ended, or
- Use an online unlocking service
Learn more about how this works with our guide: How to unlock your mobile phone.
Does the iPhone 14 have IOS 16?
Yes, the new iOS 16 was released on 12th September 2022. iOS 16 is compatible with iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and iPhone 14, as well as iPhone XS, Xr, X, SE (2nd Gen).
How do I put my iPhone in emergency sos mode?
With all iPhone 14 models, you can use Emergency SOS via satellite to text emergency services when you’re out of cellular and Wi-Fi coverage.
Here’s what to do:
- Press and hold the side button on the volume button until the Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Drag the Emergency Call slider to call emergency services. An alert sounds if you continue holding the side button and volume button instead of dragging the slider.
How do I back up my iPhone before I get a new one?
Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and have a full battery, then follow these three simple steps:
- Go to Settings > tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network for the duration. You’ll see the date and time of your backup once the process has finished.