Samsung Galaxy S24
|6.2” Screen Size
|Up to 512GB
|4000 mAh battery
Larger, longer-lasting and super-powered with revolutionary AI features. The new Samsung Galaxy has the same 50MP camera for stunning photos with depth, detail and clarity. With a range of unique colours, satin finish, curved design and built-in AI features, it’s not only clever, it’s beautiful.
- Galaxy AI mobile AI like you’ve never seen it before. Enjoy a new era of on-device AI with the ‘circle-to-search’ function, real-time voice translation, Samsung’s AI-powered photo-editing and more.
- 6.2” super bright display a larger, more immersive view with ultra-slim bezels. Say goodbye to glare with Vision Booster and enjoy a crystal-clear, AMOLED screen with 2X HDR10+ for optimal, vibrant colour.
- 50MP rear camera for AI-powered, sharp shots. A 12MP ultrawide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom for powerful, true-to-life photography. With a suite of new AI editing tools for pixel-perfect pics.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus
|6.7” Screen size
|Up to 512GB
|4900 mAh battery
All the same features as the S24 but a bigger, clearer display and a longer-lasting battery. Enjoy boundary-breaking AI innovations like live translate, chat assist, ‘circle to search’ and AI-powered photo-editing and note summarising.
- Stunning 50MP rear camera for exceptional photography. Plus a 12MP Selfie camera, a 12MP ultrawide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom to get up close and personal.
- 6.7 Dynamic AMOLED display With 2600 nits, it’s the brightest display yet, with Vision Booster for epic outdoor visibility.
- Longer lasting battery and faster charging an improved 4900mAh battery - 200mAh more than the S23 plus - for 24-7 Talktime, internet and playback.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
|6.8” Screen size
|Up to 1TB
|5000 mAh battery
Sleek, strong and ultra-fast - with an all-new titanium exterior. Enhance your photos, messages with advanced, in-built AI tools. In addition to the revolutionary Pro-grade camera you’ll get a huge 5000mAh battery, a noteworthy, built-in S Pen and a durable shield of titanium.
- Durable, titanium exterior: a sleek, titanium shell. Light, durable and strong; it’s resistant to scratches, dust and water.
- 6.8” AMOLED Edge Quad HD+ display for epic brightness even on the sunniest days. Vision Booster technology provides outstanding outdoor visibility and 120Hz gives you a silky smooth scroll.
- Groundbreaking ProVisual camera for best-in-class, AI-powered photos and videos. 1.6 larger pixels and a new ProVisual engine which improves tone, reduces noise and enhances details. All with a 200MP main camera, 12MP selfie camera and Digital Zoom up to 100x.
- Built-in S Pen: Get scribbling with the S Pen, a magnetic stylus with Air Actions for precision control, writing and artistry on the go. Turn hasty notes into text or even add animations to videos.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
|Up to 512GB
|3700 mAh battery
The Galaxy Z Flip 5 is power in your pocket you can flip and flex to any angle to enjoy Samsung’s quality features. This slim, pocketable phone flips open to 6.7” to give you double the fun. Enjoy the new Flex Window: a 3.4” cover screen to access calls, weather, wallet and more on the go.
- The largest Flex Window yet is still compact and versatile with a 3.4”, completely customisable screen - add widgets, video wallpapers and styles that are uniquely you.
- Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 processor packs a punch with smoother graphics, faster AI and improved battery performance.
- FlexCam selfies with FlexCam allow you to capture the moment and snap photos without opening your phone, and 4K Nightography video for vivid, afterdark shots.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
|Up to 1TB
|4400 mAh battery
The premium Galaxy Z Fold 5 is designed to open like a book to allow a bigger and better experience. Just unfold it to grow your display to 7.6” for immersive viewing or gaming, or split it for double the productivity. It’s the perfect partner for work and play with five powerful cameras and S-pen support.
- Compact, 7.6” display, with an immersive, cinematic screen and PC-powered productivity — all on a pocketable, tablet-sized device.
- Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 processor for ultra-powerful performance, super-fast gaming, streaming and multi-tasking.
- S-Pen support to convert handwriting to text or sketch, paint and doodle on the go.
Samsung Galaxy S23
|Up to 512GB
|3900 mAh battery
A 50MP main camera and a 12MP Selfie Camera with tech innovations for better depth, detail and clarity, means the S23 is still a must-have mobile - without the S24 price-tag.
- 6.1” bright display for an epic, all-day view. Say goodbye to glare with Vision Booster and an AMOLED 2X HDR10+ for outstanding outdoor visibility.
- 50MP rear camera for ultra-detailed, sharp shots. A 12MP ultrawide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom for true-to-life photography.
- AI innovations like Nightography & Adaptive Pixels for remarkable after-dark portraits and vivid video, so nothing goes unseen. Get creative and make captivating content in a couple of clicks.
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
|Up to 256GB
|4500 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Fan Edition (FE) takes all the best bits from the S23 series and packs them into an affordable, sleek handset - a real treat for Samsung fans.
- 6.4” Super AMOLED x 2 display is larger than the 6.1” S23 but smaller than its big brother, the S23 Plus, the FE is perfectly pocket-sized for work & play in remarkable colour.
- Smart 4500mAh battery which goes goes hand in hand with a power-efficient display, to give you 24-7 entertainment, even on 5G.
- Super-fuelled performance, with a powerful Octa-core processor. The S23 FE punches above its weight to give you a great gaming experience and fault-free multi-tasking powers.
Samsung Galaxy S22
|Up to 256GB
Although it’s two releases behind the flagship S24, the S22 remains to holds its own, with a quality camera for stunning photography and an innovative 10MP Selfie Camera for better depth, detail and clarity.
- 50MP rear camera for-detailed, sharp shots with a 12MP ultra-wide lens and 10MP telephoto with 30x Space Zoom for powerful, true-to-life photography.
- AI features like Nightography & Adaptive Pixels for after-dark portraits and vivid video so nothing goes unseen. Get creative and make captivating content in a couple of clicks.
What’s new for the Samsung S24?
Many features of the Samsung Galaxy S series remain the same, such as the cameras, memory and charging speed. However, there are some display and operating differences, and the addition of new AI features.
Here are the key changes between the S23 and S24 series:
|Samsung Galaxy S23
|Samsung Galaxy S24
|6.1” 1750 nits
|6.2” 2600 nits
|Phantom Black, Cream, Green, Lavender, Graphite, Lime
|Onyx Black, Marble Grey, Cobalt Violet, Amber Yellow, Jade Green, Sandstone Orange, Sapphire Blue
|Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
The premium Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra now boasts a titanium frame and Corning Gorilla Glass Armor, but remains the same size and retains the 200MP camera.
Is it worth upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S24?
The Samsung Galaxy S24 isn’t a game changer, but it does have a suite of interesting new AI features and a larger display.
While the new AI features like Live Translate, Photo Assist, and Circle to Search may add value for some, they’re probably not a deal breaker unless you’re an intrepid traveller or a content creator.
The ultra-slim bezels for a bigger display and exciting new colours may catch your eye, however, it may not provide enough reason to switch up.
The bottom line is the Samsung Galaxy S24 is a tweaked S23 phone with some fun software thrown in, so if your Samsung S23 is still going strong, be smart and don’t trade in your Galaxy S23 just yet.
How to own a Samsung phone for less
One way of keeping costs down is to buy a pre-owned, refurbished Samsung smartphone.
If you haven’t considered this before, our guide, Should you buy a refurbished phone? can help you decide whether it’s right for you.
You can reduce costs further by opting for a SIM-only deal. Simply buy a discounted Samsung or refurbished phone and just pay for calls, texts and data on a 30-day rolling contract.
Another way to buy a Samsung for less is to choose an older model, like the Samsung S22. The performance, cameras and features of many older Samsung Galaxy phones are often more than enough for most users.
Budget Samsung Galaxy phones
If you’re not fussed about owning Samsung’s latest flagship S series, the A series phones are great value for money, with the affordable Samsung A53 and A54 offering all the features you need for everyday use.
The cheap A10 series, including the Samsung A12 and A13, are ideal for basic users or teenagers. Here’s a snapshot of some of best selling budget Samsung devices:
- Samsung Galaxy A13: This budget 6.6” phone offers reliable performance, long-lasting battery life and a remarkable 50MP camera. The build, display and chipset fall short of the flagship series, but it’s an impressive device for the price.
- Samsung Galaxy A53: With a 6.5” Super AMOLED display and 64MP main and 32MP selfie camera, the Samsung A53 offers outstanding value for money. You’ll miss out on Bixby and wireless charging - but not much else.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Available with or without 5G, Samsung fans will get a Super AMOLED 6.5” display and robust aluminium frame, housing a 12MP main camera and 32MP selfie camera for less than its successor, the S21 FE.
Samsung Galaxy popular questions
When was the Samsung Galaxy S24 released in Ireland?
The Samsung Galaxy S24 was unveiled on 17 January 2024 and shipped from 24 January 2024. The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra will be shipped from 14 February.
Can I trade in my old Samsung phone?
Yes, Samsung offers trade-in options for an instant discount off your old Samsung device.
You can save up to €480 on your new mobile, and most devices are accepted, including Galaxy watches and earbuds.
How much does Samsung insurance cost in Ireland?
You’ll probably pay around €8 per month for a new release or premium phone, but it pays to shop around or get multi-device insurance to keep the price down.
For more information about mobile insurance, check out our guide, Is mobile insurance worth it?
How do I transfer my photos to my new phone?
You can transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, device settings and more to your new Samsung Galaxy device with Smart Switch. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the Smart Switch app on both your old and new devices or check the app has been updated to the latest version
- Ensure both phones are fully charged
- Launch Smart Switch App on both devices. Go to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Smart Switch
- If USB transfer, connect both devices with USB Cable and USB Connector
- Select Send on your old device and Receive on your new Galaxy Smartphone
- Select your content and start Transfer
How do I unlock my Android phone?
There are two main ways to unlock your Android smartphone.
- Contact your phone provider and ask them to unlock it when your contract ends
- Use an online unlocking service
Learn more about how this works with our guide: How to unlock your mobile phone.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.