The Samsung Galaxy S10 features an Infinity-O display so images wrap beautifully from edge to edge. Find out more about the S10 and choose the right plan for you.
Looking for the latest Samsung Galaxy deals?
Click on the handsets below to compare bill pay prices for the new Galaxy S20 range:
Samsung Galaxy S10 key features
There are a number of features to shout about but here are a few of the stand outs:
- Infinity-O display: that gives you edge to edge wallpapers and images.
- Hybrid SIM: Lets you run two numbers and data plans or simply switch one out for a microSD card for extra storage.
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner: is directly on the screen - just tap the glass to unlock.
- Ultra wide camera: Gives 123 degree field of vision - almost as far as your eyes can see.
- Wireless powershare: that lets you charge other devices from your phone.
- Intelligence hardware: Helps your phone to run more efficiently by powering down apps you don’t need automatically.
What’s the price of the Samsung Galaxy S10?
The S10 5G version costs €799 on the Samsung website but you can save up to €520 by trading in your current phone.
How does the Samsung S10 camera perform?
You don’t have to be a pro to take some great photos from the four cameras included with the Samsung S10 - three rear and one front. Some of their features include:
- Ultra wide camera: that lets you capture broader panoramic landscapes in a single frame.
- Dual aperture and multi frame composition: that help you control the light by day and night and capture the best shot by combining several frames into one.
- Selfie camera: at the front focusses on facial features fast, for instantly shareable portraits.
- Super steady function: means you can shoot smooth videos even when you’re on the go.
- 4K UHD and HDR10+: recording and Dynamic Tone Mapping keeps colours rich, vibrant and true to each scene.
- Super slow motion: technology lets you record 960 frames per second, to lengthen each moment.
Should I get the Galaxy S10 or S10 Plus?
You’ll need to think about your needs and budget to help you deicide which model to go for. Here’s how they compare:
- Size: The S10+ screen is larger - 6.4” compared with 6.1” for the S10.
- Weight: The S10+ is heavier - 175g compared with 157g. The ceramic versions weigh 198g.
- Colour options: There are two additional colour ways for the S10+ - ceramic white and ceramic black.
- Battery life: The S10+ battery should last longer - 4100mAh compared with 3400mAh for the S10.
- Extra front camera: An 8MP RGB depth camera on the S10+ can help make AR effects and filters look more realistic by capturing depth data.
The base models for the S10 and Samsung Galaxy S10+ both offer 128GB storage and 8GB RAM. You can pay extra to increase your internal storage to 512GB, and add a microSD card for another 512GB.
Check how much storage you’re getting on your current phone to work out whether you need more than 128GB.
Samsung Galaxy S10 FAQs
Does the Galaxy S10 come with a screen protector?
Yes, a screen protector is included with a new S10 phone to help protect it from minor accidents.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S10 have dual SIM?
Yes, you can have two separate numbers and data plans if you wish and switch out one of the SIMs with a microSD card for extra storage when you’re not using the second SIM.
You have to buy the second SIM card and microSD card separately if you use this function.
How do I take a screenshot on the Galaxy S10?
There are several ways of doing this but here are the three main methods:
- Key combination: Press down the power and volume down button at the same time for about a second. The screen will flash and the shot will appear briefly on the screen.
- Palm swipe: Put your hand vertically along the left or right edge of the phone, and swipe in from that edge while keeping contact with the screen. You’ll need to ensure ‘Palm swipe to capture’ is enabled in your settings under: Advanced features, Motions and gestures.
- Voice recognition: Activate Bixby and say: “Take a screenshot.” It will be saved straight to the Gallery.