The long awaited Samsung Galaxy S20 range is here! Samsung promises it will be ‘the phone that will change photography.’
Samsung Galaxy S20 key features
As well as sharing many of the features of the Galaxy S10 and S10+ such as fingerprint scanner and wireless powershare, the Galaxy S20 also enjoys these highlights:
- 8K Video Snap: makes it easy to capture the best still or moving footage. You can grab a 33MP still from an 8K video.
- 4000mAh intelligent battery: that lasts and lasts and saves energy by learning your usage habits.
- 64MP high resolution camera: gives you sharp resolution even when you pinch in your photos as far as they’ll go to crop them down.
- Advanced zoom: lets you zoom in 30x to see up close and personal.
- 120Hz: for much smoother scrolling and gaming.
- Single Take: lets you shoot for 3 to 10 seconds and choose from a range of formats that the footage has automatically been captured in.
- Upgraded security system: keeps your data even more private. There’s a secure processor just for protecting your PIN, password, pattern and private key.
What colours does the Samsung S20 come in?
The S20 is available in these three colours:
- Cosmic Grey
- Cloud Blue
- Cloud Pink
How much does the Samsung Galaxy S20 cost?
It depends which model you go for. Here are your options on the Samsung website:
- S20 Grey 128GB 4G €929
- S20 Grey 128GB 5G €1,029
The S20+ Grey 128GB 5G model is just €100 more at €1,129 and the 4G version of the S20 is only €10 more than the S10 currently.
There are other colours available to choose from.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S20 offer 5G?
Yes, but you’ll need to pay extra for 5G connectivity - you can see a list of the latest Galaxy S20 deals with 5G below:
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy S20 deal
If you know the Galaxy S20 is right for you, you’ll just need to find the right call plan and network to buy it through, by considering:
- Minutes and texts: If you mainly text, you might not need unlimited calls. Find the right balance of call time and texts for you.
- Data: If you don’t need unlimited data, make sure the monthly limit is enough. If you’re not sure what you need, check what you’re currently using as a guide.
- Budget: Work out your monthly budget and how much can you afford upfront. There are some deals with free handsets but you’ll usually pay more per month for these.
Make sure the network has good coverage in your area and be sure to shop around for deals by comparing all bill pay phones.
How does it compare to the Galaxy S20 Plus and S20 Ultra?
If you’re happy to pay a little extra the Samsung S20 Plus or S20 Ultra could be worth looking at. They offer:
- A better camera
- A better zoom
- A larger screen
- A larger internal storage capacity
You can find the latest S20+ bill pay offers on our Galaxy S20 Plus comparison, along with more information on the Samsung S20 Ultra.
What about the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
The Galaxy S20 FE is an affordable version of the flagship Galaxy S20 and is nearly €200 cheaper than the standard handset. You can compare deals and find out more on our Samsung Galaxy S20 FE page.
What’s the difference?
You still get some great features with the S20 FE, including:
- A larger, 6.5 flat Super AMOLED display
- A polycarbonate build compared to aluminium
- Longer lasting battery at 4,500mAh
- Slower charging
- 6GB RAM compared to 12GB
- 8MP telephoto compared to 64MP
- No 8K video recording capability
- More colours - Cloud Navy, Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud White, and Cloud Orange
Samsung Galaxy FE 5G with eir
Get a new Samsung Galaxy FE 5G for €149 and pay €59.99 a month with eir.
Is there a cheaper option?
If you’re looking for a cheaper option check out these other Samsung phone deals.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is the latest in the Galaxy S range and has launched at a cheaper price.
Galaxy S20 FAQs
Does the Galaxy S20 FE come with headphones?
No, the S20 FE doesn’t come with headphones. You will need to supply your own set of wireless earbuds.
How do I take a screenshot on the Galaxy S20?
There are several ways of doing this but here are the three main methods:
- Key combination: Press down the power and volume down button at the same time for about a second. The screen will flash and the shot will appear briefly on the screen.
- Palm swipe: Put your hand vertically along the left or right edge of the phone, and swipe in from that edge while keeping contact with the screen. You’ll need to ensure ‘Palm swipe to capture’ is enabled in your settings under: Advanced features, Motions and gestures.
- Voice recognition: Activate Bixby and say: “Take a screenshot.” It will be saved straight to the Gallery.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 waterproof?
No, it’s not fully waterproof but it’s water resistant. It has the IP68 rating and Samsung advise it can withstand being in water 1.5 meters deep for up to 30 minutes.
What is included in the Galaxy S20 box?
When you order a new S20, as well as the handset itself, you’ll get these items in the box:
- USB Connector
- Power Adapter
- AKG Earphones
- Ejection Pin