The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra packs a premium punch. The sleek 5G handset boasts innovative features and epic cameras for cinematic quality pics and video. Find out more and compare Ireland’s best Galaxy S21 Ultra offers.
What is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is available for pre-order now and will be on sale from 29th January 2021.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra key features
The ‘revolutionary’ Galaxy S21 Ultra is Samsung’s flagship handset for 2021. While you might argue the S21 is short on new features, the S21 Ultra doesn’t disappoint. Some of its standout features include:
- S-Pen compatible write, annotate, sketch and fine-tune video on your phone with precision (sold separately).
- Edge Quad HD+ the curved, edge to edge display looks sleek and provides 100% realistic colour even in sunlight.
- 5G connectivity as standard: meaning ultra-fast downloads and faultless streaming.
- A super-fast 5nm processor: the latest Exynos 2100 chipset with Android 11 for high-performance multi-tasking.
- Super Smooth 120Hz display: with 3200x1440p+ for high resolution, smooth scrolling and lag-free gaming.
- 5000mAh intelligent battery: a powerful battery which learns your usage habits to boost efficiency and outlasts even the longest days.
More about the epic cameras
The revolutionary camera features deserve a special focus, so here are the main highlights:
- Quad camera: two 10MP telephoto lens, a 108MP main and a 12MP ultra-wide lens lets you capture every moment with stunning clarity. The main camera boasts the highest resolution possible on a smartphone.
- 40MP selfie camera the most powerful front-facing camera on the market.
- 8K Video Snap @ 60fps: for smoother, cinematic filming of those epic moments. You can even get 33MP pics out of every recording. Switch to Director View for clever filming and Super Steady mode for smooth, steady action on the move.
- 100x digital zoom lets you get up close and personal like never before and the Zoom Lock guarantees a steady shot.
- Night Mode enables vibrant snaps even in extreme low light conditions by using AI to eliminate noise and blur.
- Super Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare means you’ll never lose touch for too long. 25W charging takes your phone about 180 mins to fully charge.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus shields the whole body and provides scratch and damage resistance. It’s Samsung’s toughest glass yet.
- Knox security to protect your personal and biometric data.
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor lets you unlock faster than ever, even if your fingers are dry.
- 16GB RAM and up to 512MB built-in memory makes for a 20% faster CPU 2 x AI processing and enough storage for 1000s of photos.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is set to follow in Apple’s carbon footprints and ship without headphones or charger.
What colour is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra?
There are two colours available to choose from on the Samsung website.
- Phantom Black
- Phantom Silver
How much does the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra cost?
It depends on how much storage you need, so we’ve summarised prices to help you compare. If you are interested in buying your handset outright, visit Samsung’s website for further details.
|Model||128 GB||256 GB||512GB|
|Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra||€1,299||€1,349||€1,479|
Pre-order before 28th January 2021, and you will get free Galaxy buds (worth €239.00) and a free Samsung Smart-tag (worth €30).
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra offer
If you’ve decided that the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is the right for you, you’ll want to find the best plan and network. Take into account these factors:
- Budget: Work out how much you can afford to spend each month and what you can you pay upfront. You may be able to find a deal with a free handset but you’ll have to pay more per month.
- Data: Unlimited data plans are gaining popularity. If you opt for a cheaper, data-limited plan make sure the monthly cap is enough. The average smartphone user gets through about 5GB per month.
- Length of contract Bill pay phones are often on 24-month contracts, whereas SIM-only plans usually last 30 days or 12 months.
Is there a cheaper option?
If you’re looking for a Samsung phone but need a cheaper option, take a look at these handsets:
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra FAQs
Does the S21 Ultra come with an S-Pen?
No, although it is compatible with the S-Pen, it is not provided in the box. You can purchase one at the Samsung website for around €40.
Does the Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra come with a charger?
No, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra no longer includes a charger.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra come with headphones?
No, the S21 Ultra doesn’t come with headphones. You will need to supply your own set of wireless earbuds.
You can buy Galaxy Buds+ on their website for around €150 but you can also purchase generic earbuds for a lot less.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra support eSIM?
Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM, with Galaxy S21 Ultra.
The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan on your phone, so you can switch data plans without a physical SIM.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra waterproof?
The Galaxy S21 Ultra holds the IP68 standard which means it is water & dust resistant. Your handset is protected in water up 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.