Samsung Galaxy S21 key features
The Samsung Galaxy S21 shares many features of the Galaxy S20 and S20+ including a triple camera and AMOLED HD display. On top of this it also has:
- 5G connectivity as standard: meaning ultra-fast downloads and faultless streaming.
- A super-fast 5nm processor: the latest Exynos 2100 chipset with Android 11 for high-performance multitasking.
- Triple camera: a 64MP telephoto, a 12 MP main and ultra-wide lens and a 10 MP selfie camera lets you capture every moment with stunning clarity. AI editing means one take is all you need to Insta your life into a work of art.
- 8K Video Snap @ 60fps: for smoother, cinematic filming of those epic moments. You can even get 33MP pics out of every recording and switch to Director View and Vlogger View for clever camera work.
- Super Smooth 120Hz display: for high resolution, smooth scrolling and lag-free gaming.
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor lets you unlock faster than ever, even if your fingers are dry.
- 4000mAh intelligent battery: which learns your usage habits to boost efficiency and last beyond 24 hours.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for your screen provides scratch and damage resistance. Samsung’s toughest glass yet.
- 30x digital zoom lets you get up close and personal and the Zoom Lock gives you stability as you view.
- Super Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare means you’ll never lose touch for too long. 25W charging takes your phone about 180 mins to fully charge.
- Knox security to protect your personal and biometric data.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is set to follow in Apple’s carbon footprints and ship without headphones or charger.
What colour is the Samsung Galaxy S21?
It came in four colours when first released on the Samsung website.
- Phantom Violet
- Phantom Grey
- Phantom Pink
- Phantom White
The S21+ and S21 Ultra also come in Phantom Gold & Red and Phantom Black & Silver respectively.
Not all colours are available from all mobile networks in Ireland. Shop around or seek a refurbished phone if you want a particular colour.
How much does the Samsung Galaxy S21 cost?
It depends on which model you choose and how much storage you need, so we’ve summarised prices from the Samsung website to help you compare.
|Samsung Galaxy S21 FE||€769||€839|
Buy a brand new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Buying your new Samsung Galaxy S21 upfront allows you to switch to a SIM-only deal.
A SIM-only deal can work out cheaper if you intend to stick with your phone for the long term. It also gives you the freedom to switch to cheaper deals when you choose.
Why is the Samsung Galaxy S21 cheaper than the Galaxy S20?
The Samsung Galaxy 21 is around €150 cheaper than the Galaxy S20 was at launch. The specification is very similar but the main differences are:
- Build: the S21 has a Gorilla Glass front and plastic ‘Glasstic’ back instead of a full glass body
- Memory: the S21 does not have a microSD card slot
- Display: the S21 has a lower resolution screen at 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Memory: the S21 has only 8GB RAM compared to 12GB
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy S21 offer
If you’ve decided that the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is right for you, you’ll want to find the best plan and network. Take into account these factors:
- Budget: Work out how much you can afford to spend each month and what you can you pay upfront. You may be able to find a deal with a free handset but you’ll have to pay more per month.
- Data: Unlimited data plans are gaining popularity. If you opt for a cheaper, data-limited plan make sure the monthly cap is enough. The average smartphone user gets through about 5GB per month.
- Length of contract Bill pay phones are often on 24-month contracts, whereas SIM-only plans usually last 30 days or 12 months.
If you’re not sure of your current data usage, check your mobile account and what you need to know about call charges.
What about the Galaxy S21 Plus?
The Galaxy S21 Plus is bigger than the standard S21, but most features are the same. Here are the differences:
- a bigger 6.7” display
- a longer-lasting 4800 mAh battery
- Ultra-wideband support (UWB) for better tracking
- available in Phantom Black, Red & Gold
How does it compare to the Galaxy S21 Ultra?
The Galaxy S21 and S21+ are short on features to set them apart from the Galaxy S20, but the innovative Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra may stoke your interest.
If you’re looking for a larger, sleeker handset with ground-breaking features, the S21 Ultra is worth considering. The S21 Ultra features include:
- supports the S Pen stylus
- Edge Quad HD+ display
- 6.8” curved build
- 108MP wide-angle camera, 100x Space Zoom & 2 telephoto cameras
- Hybrid Optic Zoom 10x optical magnification
- 5000 mAh battery
How do the other Samsung phones compare?
Aside from the S21 range, Samsung offers an innovative array of phones for every budget. Check out the groundbreaking Galaxy Z range that folds and flips to fit your lifestyle or the FE that offers all the features of their flagship range at an affordable price.
Take a look at our device pages with great deals from Ireland’s top networks and all the facts you need to make the best choice.
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FAQs
Are Samsung Galaxy S21 phones 5G enabled?
Yes, the whole Galaxy 21 series is 5G-ready which means download speeds are 3x quicker than 4G, lag is lower and connections are faster when you’re in a 5G area.
All S21 handsets will have 4G connectivity too, so don’t worry if 5G isn’t rolled out in your area.
Can I trade in my old Samsung phone?
Yes, Samsung offer trade-in options for an instant discount off your old Samsung device. Most devices are accepted, including Galaxy watches and earbuds.
Does the Samsung Galaxy 21 come with a charger?
No, the Samsung Galaxy S21 no longer includes a charger.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 support eSIM?
Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM, with Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G.
The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan on your phone, so you can switch data plans without a physical SIM.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S21 waterproof?
The Galaxy S21 holds the IP68 standard which means it is water & dust resistant. Your handset is protected in water up 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
When was the Samsung Galaxy S21 released?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 was released in January 2021.
Compare refurbished phones
You could make huge savings on your next device with GetTech.