The powerful new Samsung Galaxy S21 is here to kickstart 2021 with an ultrafast processor, best in class camera and 5G, all for less cash than the flagship S20. Find out more and compare Ireland’s best Galaxy S21 offers.
What is the Samsung Galaxy S21 release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is available for pre-order now and will be on sale from 29th January 2021.
Samsung Galaxy S21 key features
- 5G connectivity as standard: meaning ultra-fast downloads and faultless streaming.
- A super-fast 5nm processor: the latest Exynos 2100 chipset with Android 11 for high-performance multitasking.
- Triple camera: a 64MP telephoto, a 12 MP main and ultra-wide lens and a 10 MP selfie camera lets you capture every moment with stunning clarity. AI editing means one take is all you need to Insta your life into a work of art.
- 8K Video Snap @ 60fps: for smoother, cinematic filming of those epic moments. You can even get 33MP pics out of every recording and switch to Director View and Vlogger View for clever camera work.
- Super Smooth 120Hz display: for high resolution, smooth scrolling and lag-free gaming.
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor lets you unlock faster than ever, even if your fingers are dry.
- 4000mAh intelligent battery: which learns your usage habits to boost efficiency and last beyond 24 hours.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for your screen provides scratch and damage resistance. Samsung’s toughest glass yet.
- 30x digital zoom lets you get up close and personal and the Zoom Lock gives you stability as you view.
- Super Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare means you’ll never lose touch for too long. 25W charging takes your phone about 180 mins to fully charge.
- Knox security to protect your personal and biometric data.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is set to follow in Apple’s carbon footprints and ship without headphones or charger.
What colour is the Samsung Galaxy S21?
There are four colours available to choose from on the Samsung website.
- Phantom Violet
- Phantom Grey
- Phantom Pink
- Phantom White
The S21+ and S21 Ultra also come in Phantom Gold & Red and Phantom Black & Silver respectively.
Not all colours may be available from all mobile networks in Ireland. Shop around if you have a particular colour in mind.
How much does the Samsung Galaxy S21 cost?
It depends on which model you choose and how much storage you need, so we’ve summarised prices to help you compare.
|Model||128 GB||256 GB||512GB|
|Samsung Galaxy S21||€879||€929|
|Samsung Galaxy S21+||€1,089||€1,139|
|Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra||€1,299||€1,349||€1,479|
If you are interested in buying your handset outright, visit Samsung’s website for further details.
Pre-order before 28th January 2021, and you will get free Galaxy buds (worth €239.00) and a free Samsung Smart-tag (worth €30).
Why is the Samsung Galaxy S21 cheaper than the Galaxy S20?
The Samsung Galaxy 21 is around €150 cheaper than the Galaxy S20 was at launch. The specification is very similar but the main differences are:
- Build: the S21 has a Gorilla Glass front and plastic ‘Glasstic’ back instead of a full glass body
- Memory: the S21 does not have a microSD card slot
- Display: the S21 has a lower resolution screen at 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Memory: the S21 has only 8GB RAM compared to 12GB
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy S21 offer
If you’ve decided that the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is the right for you, you’ll want to find the best plan and network. Take into account these factors:
- Budget: Work out how much you can afford to spend each month and what you can you pay upfront. You may be able to find a deal with a free handset but you’ll have to pay more per month.
- Data: Unlimited data plans are gaining popularity. If you opt for a cheaper, data-limited plan make sure the monthly cap is enough. The average smartphone user gets through about 5GB per month.
- Length of contract Bill pay phones are often on 24-month contracts, whereas SIM-only plans usually last 30 days or 12 months.
What about the Galaxy S21 Plus?
The Galaxy S21 Plus is bigger than the standard S21, but most features are the same. Here are the differences:
- a bigger 6.7” display
- a longer-lasting 4800 mAh battery
- Ultra-wideband support (UWB) for better tracking
- available in Phantom Black, Red & Gold
How do they compare to the Galaxy S21 Ultra?
The Galaxy S21 and S21+ are short on new features to set it apart from the Galaxy S20, but the innovative Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra may stoke your interest.
If you’re looking for a larger, sleeker handset with ground-breaking features, the S21 Ultra is worth considering. The S21 Ultra features include:
- support of the S Pen stylus
- Edge Quad 6.8” curved build
- a Quad HD+ 3200x1440p+ display
- 108MP wide-angle camera, 100x Space Zoom & 2 telephoto cameras
- Hybrid Optic Zoom 10x optical magnification
- 512 GB
- 5000 mAh battery
Is there a cheaper option?
If you’re looking for a Samsung phone but need a cheaper option, take a look at these handsets:
Samsung Galaxy S21 FAQs
Are Samsung Galaxy S21 phones 5G enabled?
Yes, the whole Galaxy 21 series is 5G-ready which means download speeds are 3x quicker than 4G, lag is lower and connections are faster when you’re in a 5G area.
All S21 handsets will have 4G connectivity too, so don’t worry if 5G isn’t rolled out in your area.
Does the Samsung Galaxy 21 come with a charger?
No, the Samsung Galaxy S21 no longer includes a charger.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 come with headphones?
No, the S21 doesn’t come with headphones. You will need to supply your own set of wireless earbuds.
You can buy Galaxy Buds+ on their website for around €150 but you can also purchase generic ear buds for a lot less.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 support eSIM?
Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM, with Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G.
The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan on your phone, so you can switch data plans without a physical SIM.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S21 waterproof?
The Galaxy S21 holds the IP68 standard which means it is water & dust resistant. Your handset is protected in water up 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.