Key features of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
- Tough Armor Aluminium frame and scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass Victus offers the best protection yet against damage
- Ultra thin glass plus a panel layer and protective film on the main screen protects your phone for up to 200,000 folds
- 1.9” Cover Screen display allows you to check messages, play tunes, take photos & more, without opening your phone
- 5G enabled for hyperfast connectivity, to keep up with your lifestyle at home and on the go
- 120Hz refresh rate ensures super smooth scrolling and swiping and a faster touch response
- Flex mode lets you enjoy hands-free selfies and calls, and create videos, at exactly the right angle
- Split screen function makes multitasking a breeze, to fit around your busy schedule
- Side fingerprint scanner is easy to access, and there’s face recognition on the front camera when the device is unfolded
How many cameras does it have?
There are three cameras on the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G. The front cover has a dual rear camera, with a 12MP ultra wide camera and 12MP wide-angle camera. The main screen has a 10MP front camera.
There are 16 camera modes to suit every occasion and Scene Optimiser that supports 30 modes e.g. sky, mountain, night view, to create pictures to treasure.
If you want to capture a quick selfie without unfolding, you can use the dual rear camera and see a preview on the cover screen.
What colour does the Galaxy Z Flip3 come in?
There are four main hues to choose from, which are paired with black:
- Phantom black
There are also three exclusive colours, available only on the Samsung.com website:
How much does the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 cost?
If you’re buying the phone direct from the Samsung website, the cost depends on the storage option you choose:
- €1,099 for 128 GB
- €1,149 for 256 GB
To pay less upfront, you could:
- Trade in your current phone and get up to €640 off
- Opt for a bill pay deal that spreads the cost of the phone over a set period, usually 24 months
A bill pay phone deal also includes an allowance for data and calls which is bundled with the monthly phone cost.
Still weighing up your options?
If you’re working out whether the Galaxy Z Flip3 is for you, you could take a look at some of Samsung’s other devices and compare their features:
How does it compare to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G?
If you want a foldable device with double the impact, the latest Galaxy Z Fold3 opens up like a book, giving you an impressive double sized smart phone.
It packs even more features too, for example up to double the storage capacity and five cameras.
To decide if it’s worth the higher price tag, here’s how the Flip3 compares to the Fold3.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 FAQs
When was the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 released in Ireland?
The Galaxy Z Flip3 is available to buy in Ireland from 27 August 2021, after its launch elsewhere in mid August.
Does the Galaxy Z Flip3 come with a charger?
No, there’s a USB-C to USB-C charging cable included but you’ll need a USB-C mains charging adapter too.
There are lots of accessories you can purchase for your device on the Samsung.com website or at other retailers.
Is the Galaxy Z Flip3 waterproof?
It’s been given an IPX8 rating, meaning it’s water resistant to a depth of 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes.
The Galaxy Z Flip3 isn’t dust resistant.
Should I insure my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 phone?
This will depend on a few things, for example:
- Whether it’s already covered on your home insurance
- Whether you can afford to replace the phone if you lose it
- What the manufacturer’s warranty covers
- How and where you’ll be using the phone
- Whether you’ve budgeted for insurance in your monthly cost
Our guide: Is mobile phone insurance worth it? can help you decide it you need it.
Do all apps support multitasking?
Not automatically, no. If you’ve got an app that doesn’t support multitasking, try selecting Activate Labs in Settings to add it to your split screen arrangement.
Some apps may not be supported by Labs.
How do I get the Flex mode to work on a third-party app?
If you Activate Labs in Settings, this should enable you to experience the app in flex mode.