Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 key features
A premium foldable 5G phone with a durable Armour Aluminium frame and stunning display. Simply unfold to expand your screen or split it for immersive, hands-free fun. Perfect for watching, working and playing.
- Foldable 7.6” dynamic AMOLED display for a crystal clear viewing experience
- Five cameras including an under-display camera for unrivalled snaps, movies and selfies
- 5G connectivity for ultrafast downloads, lag-free streaming and seamless real-time video
- S-Pen support to effortlessly convert handwriting to type or sketch and paint with precision
- Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate for smooth scrolling and clear, responsive motion
- Flex mode for handsfree photos, video calls and vlogging
What cameras does the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 have?
Capture the moment, create movies and make video calls with five different cameras and experience the hands-free freedom of Flex mode.
You’ll get all these cameras and five different modes from Selfie to Night mode.
- 12MP Telephoto camera
- 12MP Wide-angle camera
- 12MP Ultra wide camera
- 4MP Under display camera
- 10MP Cover camera
What colours are available in Ireland?
The handset is available in three colours: Phantom Black, Green or Silver if you buy from the Samsung website.
If you go for a bill pay phone to spread the cost, the colour choice depends on what’s available from your network.
Other Galaxy Z Fold3 features
- IPX8 water resistance
- Gorilla Glass Victus screen & back
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanning
- Bixby natural language support
- 256 & 512GB storage with 12GB RAM
How much does the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 cost?
To buy direct from Samsung’s website the Fold3 costs:
- €1,899 for 256GB
- €1,999 for 512GB
You could also save up to €705 with the Trade-in option.
If you’d prefer to spread the cost and bundle in data and minutes, take a look at our comparison of bill pay deals.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and Flip3 compared
Apart from cost, the main difference is the folding design.
The more expensive Fold3 opens like a book whereas the Flip3 opens like a flip phone. In effect, the new Galaxy Z Fold3 unfolds to make the screen bigger and the new Galaxy Z Flip3 is a phone that folds in half to get smaller.
Here’s some other key differences:
|Device||Display||Body||Memory||Cameras||Battery||Colours||S Pen compatible|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3||7.6”||Glass front||Up to 512GB (12GB ram)||Five||4400 mAh||Black Silver Green||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3||6.7”||Plastic front||Up to 256GB (8GB ram)||Three||3300 mAh||Cream Black Green Lavender||No|
To find out more about the Flip3 and compare deals, visit our page Compare Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3.
How to find the best Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 deal
If you’ve decided that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 is the right for you, you’ll want to find the best deal, so think about:
- Budget: Work out how much you can afford to spend each month and what you can you pay upfront. You may be able to find a deal with a free handset but you’ll have to pay more per month.
- Data allowance: SIM-only unlimited data plans are gaining popularity. If you opt for a cheaper, data-limited plan make sure the monthly cap is enough. The average smartphone user gets through about 5GB per month.
- Length of contract: Bill pay phones are often on 24-month contracts, whereas SIM-only plans usually last 30 days or 12 months.
Are there any Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 offers available?
For a limited time, some networks are offering a free Note Pack worth €89.90. The pack contains a Flip Case, S pen and 25W Travel Adapter.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Buy a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and claim your free gift with a Galaxy Watch4. T&Cs apply.
If you buy the device upfront from Samsung, you can claim your free bundle within 30 days of purchase.
Any cheaper Samsung Galaxy alternatives?
The latest foldables from Samsung come with a hefty price tag, so if you’re looking to upgrade for less, you could check out these options.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 FAQs
Does the Galaxy Z Fold3 come with an S-Pen?
No, although it is compatible with the S-Pen, it is not provided in the box. You can purchase one at the Samsung website.
Does the Galaxy Z Fold3 come with a charger?
No, new Samsung Galaxy devices no longer come with a charger in the box although a USB-C cable is included.
Does the Galaxy Z Fold3 have a 3.5mm headphone jack?
No, it doesn’t have a headphone jack, so you’ll have to supply your own set of wireless earbuds.
You can buy Galaxy Buds+ on their website for around €150 but you can also purchase generic earbuds for a lot less.
Does the Galaxy Z Fold3 support eSIM?
Yes, you can use an electronic SIM, known as eSIM.
The eSIM allows you to activate a mobile network plan on your phone, so you can switch data plans without a physical SIM.
Is the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 waterproof?
Yes, the Galaxy Z Fold3 holds the IPX8 standard which means it’s protected in water up 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
When was the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 released?
The Galaxy Z Fold3 was launched mid-August 2021 and in shops in Ireland from 27th August 2021.