A guide to Vodafone TV packages
Want to enjoy all your favourite programmes in high quality HD? Here’s all the information you need on the TV packages, deals and add-ons available from Vodafone Ireland.
If you’re looking at getting Vodafone TV, you’ll also need to have their broadband.
Vodafone TV packages and deals
Vodafone’s packages include broadband with speeds of up to 100Mbps - but the speed you’ll get depends on where you live and your type of connection.
When comparing packages, you’ll need to think about:
- How many TV channels you want: There are two main TV packages, Vodafone TV comes with 60 channels, while Vodafone TV Plus has 88.
- If you want a landline: and, if so whether you’re happy with calls to landlines only, or you’d like to be able to call mobiles too.
What channels do you get with Vodafone TV?
The two Vodafone TV packages give you access to different channels:
- Vodafone TV package: comes with 60 channels, including all of the of the BBC, RTÉ, Channel 4, and Virgin Media channels.
- Vodafone TV Plus: has 88 channels, including all of the 60 Vodafone TV channels, plus extras like Eurosport 1&2, and the Discovery channels. You pay a bit more for the extra channels.
If you want extra channels, there are premium add-ons available from €15 a month.
What features does Vodafone TV offer?
With the Vodafone TV Box you can:
- Pause, rewind, record and store all your favourite shows.
- Watch Netflix directly through the TV box with a dedicated button on the Vodafone remote.
- Record up to four shows at once.
- Restart a show mid-way through, or catch-up on favourites you’ve missed during the week.
You can also experience live TV on the go with the free Vodafone TV Anywhere app.
Can you get sports with Vodafone TV?
Yes. Vodafone TV comes with channels like:
- eir Sport 1
- Sky Sports Racing
- Fuel TV
The Vodafone TV Plus package also comes with Eurosport 1&2.
Premium sport add-ons like the Sky Sports and Sky Cinema bundle starts from €24.50 a month for the first six months.
If you want access to Virgin Media Sports, you’ll need to sign up directly with Virgin Media, and access the content via their app.
Can you watch Vodafone TV in more than one room?
Yes, but you’ll need to pay extra for Vodafone multi-room.
Vodafone multi-room lets you watch your choice of programme in more than one room and costs an extra €10 per room per month, plus a €99 installation fee per extra box.
How does Vodafone TV compare to eir TV, Sky TV and Virgin Media TV?
Sky and Virgin Media also have standalone TV packages, which could be an advantage, if you’re not interested in bundling.
Are there any disadvantages?
On the plus side, this means you’ll only have to deal with one provider for billing and payments, and you normally save money by bundling.