Why choose eir?
- eir offers Fibre, Part Fibre & ADSL broadband connections depending on where you live
- It’s one of Ireland’s fastest broadband providers, offering speeds up to 1,000Mbps
- eir’s innovative TV service combines dozens of live TV channels, with on-demand content from Apple TV+ and a range of apps
- Bundles start from as low as €29.99 a month
- You get free access to eir sport when you sign up to eir broadband bundles
- You get Amazon Prime Video free for a year with all broadband and TV bundles
- eir is available nationwide
- 24/7 broadband technical support
- Truly unlimited broadband
- WiFi modem, so you can seamlessly connect to multiple devices
- Switch and keep your existing phone number
- Free parental controls with all broadband plans
- Free eir sport pack, including eir sport 1 and 2, FreeSports Channel and Virgin Media Sport with all eir broadband plans
eir bundles explained
eir offers a variety of different packages, depending on where you live and what’s available at your address.
Fibre broadband has speeds of up to 1,000Mbps available in certain areas, with the majority of homes being able to get up to 100Mbps broadband from eir.
If you can’t get part fibre in your area yet, eir offers ADSL broadband and will upgrade you to part fibre broadband for free when it’s available if you sign up to an 18-month contract.
eir Broadband & Phone
eir broadband and phone packages range in price depending on the call package you’re interested in and they each come with eir sport free.
eir Broadband, Phone & TV
If you’d like to add eir TV to your phone and broadband, there are a range of triple-play plans to choose from, including the eir TV Plus & Broadband plus Off-Peak package.
eir’s best bundles
The Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan is one of the fastest deals from eir, with download speeds of up to 100Mb.
eir’s cheapest broadband package is the Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport plan, which is just €29.99 for the first 12 months, and €59.99 thereafter.
How fast is eir broadband?
eir offers broadband speeds of up to 1,000Mbps in some areas, but it’s more common to get broadband speeds up to 100Mb.
If you’re further from the exchange, your speeds may be significantly lower, so you could opt for one of eir’s ADSL products.
How long do eir contracts last for?
eir’s contracts normally last for 12 months. Often, eir packages offer great discounts for the first year, so you could make significant savings.
Can you add TV to eir broadband?
Yes, you can add eir tv packages to your eir broadband with eir TV.
eir’s innovative TV combines dozens of live channels, with on-demand content from Apple TV+ and a range of apps including RTÉ Player, Netflix and Now TV.
When you sign up to eir TV, you can enjoy all of this plus access to top sporting events with free eir sport on eir’s fastest ever WiFi.
Apple TV 4K is included too, so you can watch TV content in amazing 4K HDR.
eir TV utilises cloud technology to enable recording, which means you can record multiple shows while watching another. It gives you the possibility of 500 recording events
What channel do you get with eir TV bundles?
eir TV Plus comes with 63 channels, including all of the BBC, RTÉ, Channel 4, and Virgin Media channels, as well as all of the channels in the eir sport pack.
The eir TV Extra package comes with 81 channels, including all of the channels in the eir TV Plus plan, plus National Geographic, History, E!, nickjr, Cartoon Network, At the Races, Eurosport 1 & 2 and more.
How to switch to eir
Switching to eir is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose a plan and fill in a few details, including your address, bank details and UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch before you go ahead, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched.
You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with eir so you experience as little downtime as possible.
Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your existing provider.