The Huawei P40 Pro has an impressive design and camera but the absence of Google services may be a turn-off for some. Here’s what you need to know about Huawei’s popular P40 Pro.
What is the Huawei P40 Pro?
The P40 Pro is part of the P40 series released by Huawei in April 2020. It’s a step up from the P40, but not as powerful or expensive as their premium P40 Pro+.
- P40 Lite
- P40 Pro
- P40 Pro+
Huawei P40 Pro key features:
The Huawei P40 Pro turns heads with a combination of great design, powerful performance, and brilliant cameras.
- Ultra Vision Leica Quad Camera with ultra-wide-angle, 5x zoom telephoto lens, and AI assistance. 50MP + 40MP + 12MP + 3D Depth Sensing camera for stunning, true to life photos and video.
- Quad-Curve Overflow Display with edge to edge, immersive HDR10 viewing. A 90Hz refresh rate means less motion blurring.
- Powerful performance with Octa-core, Kirin 990 5G platform for superfast functionality and multi-tasking.
- Long-lasting battery a Li-Po 4200 mAh battery gives you 27 hours talk time.
You also get:
- 8 GB RAM
- 256 GB internal storage
- EMUI 10.1 Android operating system
- Fast wireless charging
- ‘Celia’ voice assistant
- Huawei apps
What colours can you choose?
There are only two colours to choose from, but Huawei have stuck with the classics:
- Silver Frost
How much is the Huawei P40 Pro?
The Huawei P40 Pro handset is retailing between €800 and €1,000 in Ireland, but our bill pay deals could help spread the cost.
Does P40 Pro have Google apps?
No, the Huawei P40 series is the first range of handsets being released without any Google apps. This means the P40 Pro does not have:
- Google Drive
- Google Maps
- Play Store
Instead of Google apps, Huawei is releasing their own branded apps and voice assistant called ‘Celia’.
What’s in the box?
- P40 Pro handset x 1
- Charger x 1
- USB Type-C cable x 1
- USB Type-C earphones x 1
Looking for an alternative to Huawei?
The P40 Pro versus the P40 Pro+
You’ll still get the same sleek features of the P40 Pro, but the Pro+ packs a more powerful punch:
- 512GB + Nano Memory compared to 256GB
- 10 x zoom lens compared to 5 x zoom
- Ceramic & glass build compared to aluminum & glass
- Faster wireless charging
- More expensive, retails at around €1400
Huawei P40 Pro FAQs
Is the P40 Pro 5g?
Yes, it also supports 3G and 4G.
Is the P40 Pro dual sim?
Yes, it has Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Is the P40 Pro waterproof?
No, but It is IP68 dust and water-resistant up to 1.5 meters for 30 mins.
What cameras does the P40 Pro have?
The P40 Pro has four cameras. A rear camera with 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide angle), a 12 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto) 5x optical zoom, a 40 MP, f/1.8, 18mm (ultrawide) and a TOF 3D, (depth). It also has a front camera with 32 MP HD selfie camera and 4K video for front and rear recording.