Why choose Virgin Media?
- Virgin Media offers broadband speeds of up to 360Mb in some areas and has been named Ireland’s fastest broadband provider by Ookla for 3 years running, and at the 2018 Switcher.ie Awards.
- Virgin Media operates its own network, which means they can offer full support to you if any coverage issues arise.
- Broadband packages and standalone broadband deals are available from Virgin Media, so you should find a plan to suit your budget .
- Virgin Media is one of Ireland’s only quad-play providers, meaning you can bundle your broadband, TV, phone and mobile plans if you’d like. Virgin Media also has great deals on SIM-only plans for existing customers.
- If you don’t want to get tied into a long contract, Virgin Media’s Freedom plans have a 30-day contract, which might work for you.
Virgin Media’s best package deals
Virgin Media’s Mix 240 plan is what’s known as a triple-play deal, which means you get your broadband, phone and TV in one.
Virgin Media’s fastest plans go up to 360Mbps and the provider’s unlimited broadband service does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management, which means you can download as much as you want, whenever you want.
Virgin Media features
- Virgin Media has been awarded Ireland’s fastest broadband three years in a row by Ookla and at the 2018 Switcher.ie Awards.
- Virgin Media’s Hub delivers best-in-class WiFi performance in the home, and the technology supports the highest broadband speeds. This is really useful if you’re living in a busy household, with many devices connected to the WiFi at all times.
- Virgin Media also offer a service called Red House, where technicians from Virgin Media can visit your home to fine-tune the set-up of your broadband and TV, connect all devices, upgrade equipment, and sort any issues you might be having.
- Virgin Media customers can access any of the Bitbuzz Hotspots in Ireland and in the UK for free.
- When you switch to Virgin Media you can keep your existing phone number.
- Anyone signing up gets a free wireless modem, free connection and free delivery.
Virgin Media packages explained
Virgin Media offers a variety of different packages, with fibre broadband speeds of up to 360Mbps available. Virgin Media is not available in all areas across the country but you can check availability in your area to see if you can avail of Virgin Media’s services at your address.
Broadband & Phone from Virgin Media
Virgin Media has a number of broadband and phone packages, which range in price depending on the call package you’re interested in.
Broadband & TV from Virgin Media
In terms of broadband and TV deals, you’ll need to consider whether you want to go for 240Mbps or 360Mbps broadband, and if you’re happy with a more basic TV plan, or you want additional, specific channels.
Broadband, Phone & TV from Virgin Media
If you want to bundle your broadband, phone and TV altogether you’ll have plenty of options with Virgin Media - again, the channels, broadband speed and phone package you want are really important to think about before signing up.
What broadband speed does Virgin Media offer?
Virgin Media offers broadband speeds of up to 240Mbps and up to 360Mbps, depending on what plan you opt for.
More about Virgin Media
How do I find my UAN number on my Virgin Media bill?
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is an eight digit number which is used by telecom providers to identify phone lines. If you’re a Virgin Media customer, you can find your UAN at the top of your bill.
What is the phone number for Virgin Media’s customer service?
You can reach Virgin Media by phone on 1908, and they also have a Live Chat feature on their website if that suits you better.
Switching to Virgin Media
Switching to Virgin Media is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan you’re interested in and fill in a few details, including your address and bank details. Virgin Media will also look for your UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched. You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with Virgin Media so you experience as little downtime as possible. Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.
How long is my contract with Virgin Media?
Virgin Media’s contracts range from just 30 days, up to 12 months, depending on the plan you go for. The ‘Freedom’ plans, with 30-day contracts, could be useful for students or people in short-term accommodation.
Can I add TV on to my Virgin Media broadband plan?
Yes, you can bundle up your Virgin Media broadband with Virgin TV.
Virgin TV comes with Virgin Catch-Up TV, Virgin Media remote record, Virgin TV Anywhere, and pause, rewind, and remote record facilities as standard.
Anyone signing up will also get access to Virgin Movies and Box Sets, which means access thousands of hours of box sets at no extra cost.