What is NOW?
NOW, formally NOW TV, is a streaming service from Sky, which allows you to stream shows, movies and live sport without a contract.
What kind of content is available on NOW?
There are four TV Memberships available for NOW and two Sports Memberships, depending on what you like to watch the most.
- Entertainment Membership: lets you watch shows like Game of Thrones and The Wire, as well as getting access to over 300 box sets on demand, plus access to 17 live channels not available on free-to-air, such as Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy, Discovery Channel and MTV.
- Cinema Membership: is perfect for film fans, with over 1,000 Sky Cinema movies on demand, including the latest blockbusters, as well as a new premiere every day. You also get access to movie favourites, such as Forrest Gump, The Godfather, and Groundhog Day.
- Kids Membership: allows you to watch 1000s episodes of kids TV from the likes of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network on demand with no adverts for just €7 a month and there’s a free 7 day trial.
- hayu Membership: lets you stream reality TV to your heart’s content, with over 8,000 episodes to choose from, including Keeping up with the Kardashians.
- Sports Membership: gives you access to the live sporting action on all 11 Sky Sports channels, enabling you to watch Sky Sports Premier League, F1, Arena, Racing, News and more.
- Sports Extra Membership: lets you access 6 BT Sports and Premier Sports channels. Choose to stream for a day or month by month.
Start your 7 day free trial with NOW
Stream movies, TV shows and Sport without a contract.
What about Disney+?
The Disney+ app launched on NOW on 6 May 2020.
So, you can now watch Disney+ on your NOW Smart Stick, simply:
- Subscribe to Disney+ directly through Disney
- Download the app from the NOW device App Store
- Sign into your Disney account
- Start watching!
Disney+ isn’t included in any NOW memberships and costs €89.90 a year or €8.99 a month.
How do I get access to NOW?
Once you choose a membership and sign up, you can start streaming content instantly through your preferred device.
For streaming, NOW requires a minimum download speed of 2.5Mbps, 3G or 4G.
NOW is available on multiple devices, including PC or Mac, selected Sony Android TV models, iOS and Android phones or tablets, as well as via the NOW Box and the NOW Smart Stick.
Both the NOW box and the Smart Stick turn your TV into a Smart TV, with catch up TV from the likes of All 4 and Virgin Media’s 3player, as well as access to apps, such as YouTube and Vevo.
The NOW box connects to your TV via a HDMI cable (which is supplied with the box), while the Smart Stick plugs directly into the HDMI port of your TV.
The Smart Stick is currently the cheapest streaming device on offer in Ireland, at just €25.
Buying both the Smart Stick and the NOW box in a bundle with membership, is even better value.
Signing up to NOW
NOW often has introductory offers on its memberships, and you can also get a 7-day free trial of the Sky Cinema Month Membership, the Kids Membership and the Entertainment Month Membership if you want to try them out first. There is no free trial period with any of the Sports Memberships.
Unless you cancel, this free trial will roll into a Month Membership after the 7-day period.
Month Memberships renew automatically unless they’re cancelled - however, as there’s no contract, you can stop renewal at any time.