Ireland’s best broadband & home phone
Find the cheapest broadband & home phone deals in Ireland. Comparing broadband & landline plans is quick and easy with our broadband checker.
Why bundle your broadband and home Phone?
Broadband and home phone bundles include broadband with a call plan - in one package from the same provider.
If you’re paying separately for your home phone line and internet, it makes sense to bundle both together:
Use our broadband checker to find the cheapest landline packages, with free calls, fast broadband speeds and unlimited downloads.
Which providers offer broadband and phone deals?
Most broadband providers offer broadband bundles with internet and phone plans.
You can compare deals from these providers:
What packages do they offer?
As a lot of broadband connections require a home phone line to work, many deals also include a call plan.
Here’s what you can get:
- Digiweb’s broadband and phone deals offer call plans with off-peak or unlimited calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles.
- eir’s broadband and phone deals offer broadband and landline packages with unlimited calls to Irish and UK mobiles or international calls.
- Pure Telecom has several broadband and phone package options to suit your budget.
- Sky broadband and phone plans provide superfast broadband and unlimited off-peak or anytime calls
- Virgin Media In locations where Virgin Media is available you can get a broadband bundle which includes unlimited calls to Irish landlines and international destinations plus Irish mobiles.
- Vodafone offers one call plan which includes unlimited calls to Irish landlines.
Who offers international calls or calls to mobiles?
Some broadband and phone bundles come with international minutes and mobile calls.
While most providers offer free landline calls to Ireland and the UK, you can also opt for deals that include mobile calls and international minutes to certain countries.
For example, with some Virgin Media deals, you get an allocation of international minutes to Irish mobiles and 22 destinations, while with some Sky deals, you can enjoy anytime calls to numbers in 20 locations.
What’s the cheapest broadband and phone package?
Although prices seem similar across providers, offers and discounts arise regularly, and costs can change after the first year.
Compare broadband and phone plans online to make sure you’re getting the best deal available. Some broadband bundles include one month free, as well as other perks and rewards.
On top of the one year cost, remember to consider features like broadband speed, off-peak calls and international minutes.
Can I keep my phone number if I switch broadband provider?
Yes, you can usually keep your house phone number if you switch.
Keeping your old home phone number means you won’t have the hassle of changing your contact details or losing touch with anyone.
How to choose a broadband & phone plan
When you’re comparing deals there are a few things to think about.
Can you get broadband without a phone?
Yes, however most broadband providers in Ireland require a phone line to install your broadband connection.
This can make it difficult to find a broadband-only deal, although you could opt for a deal with a free call plan and choose not to use it. Here are some more wireless broadband options.
Virgin Media offers a broadband-only plan, as they supply the broadband via their cable network.
Can you have a landline with full fibre broadband?
You don’t have to give up your landline if you want fibre broadband.
Though fibre broadband works without a phone line, you can still choose a full fibre deal that comes with a home phone plan.
Eir, Pure Telecom, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone offer fibre broadband deals that include an internet and landline package.
How do you choose the right broadband speed?
Superfast broadband speeds can be great for gamers and movie streamers, but are not always needed.
Full fibre broadband offers speeds of up to 1,000Mbps (1GB) and though the network is expanding all the time, not all regions have access yet.
If you’re looking to bundle fibre broadband with a phone package, you can use our broadband availability checker to see what deals are available in your area.
Superfast broadband tend to be more expensive, so even if you live in an area that supplies it, check what speed you really need before forking out.
How do you switch to a broadband and phone deal?
Before switching to a new broadband and home phone bundle, review your current plan and decide what features you need.
Here’s the steps to take:
- Review your current broadband contract and make sure you won’t incur any early cancellation charges by switching.
- Test your broadband speed, using our broadband speed test.
- Assess your current call plan if you have one. Think about the features you need, e.g. free landline or mobile calls, international minutes or off-peak calls.
- Use our broadband availability checker to compare the best broadband and home phone plans in your area.
- If you’re happy with your current broadband speed, try to find a cheaper broadband plan with the same speed. If you think you need faster broadband, look for speedier deals at a similar price to what you’re already paying.
- Remember to note the contract length and terms of each plan carefully before switching.
Want to add TV onto your broadband & phone plan?
If you want a TV plan, it might be worth looking at a broadband, TV and home phone bundle.
Bundling products from one provider will generally save you money and there tends to be big discounts on these plans, too.
There are four providers that offer ‘triple-play’ packages in the Irish market - eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving