Check broadband providers in your area
If you’re not sure who offers broadband where you live, our broadband deal checker can help.
Just enter your county and town, and we’ll show you the broadband deals available in your area in less than two minutes.
Choose a broadband plan
Once you know what broadband providers are available, you need to pick the right broadband plan for your needs. Start by looking at features like:
- Monthly and total cost: Take into account any discounts that may apply and work out an average monthly cost for each deal.
- Contract length: is usually 12 or 18 months and when it’s coming to an end, you’ll need to check again to see if there’s a better deal.
- Download speed: the faster the better but before signing up, ask the provider what the likely speed is for your address, as it can be very different. Make sure it still meets your needs.
- Usage restrictions: Most broadband packages offer unlimited usage so you don’t need to worry about hidden costs.
What types of broadband are available in Ireland?
These are the main types of broadband available in Ireland:
- ADSL: uses existing copper telephone wires and connects via your landline.
- Fibre and Part Fibre: uses fibre optic cables and no phone line is needed.
- Satellite: connects you via a satellite dish at your home, no phone line is needed.
- Mobile: connects you to the internet via a USB dongle or modem plugged into your device.
What is SIRO?
SIRO brings 100% fibre broadband to your home. It doesn’t rely on any existing copper telephone wires so it’s the fastest, with speeds up to 1,000Mb.
Find out more about what SIRO can do for you.
Check high speed broadband plans in your area
The Government has created a High Speed Broadband Map that lets you search for your address and find out whether commercial broadband providers or the State (under the National Broadband Plan) will be providing high-speed broadband to your home.
Find out your current broadband speed
If you want to know how fast your broadband is now, you can use our broadband speed checker to find out your download and upload speeds.
The average broadband speed in Ireland is between 24Mbps to 100Mbps. Some Irish providers are able to offer speeds of up to 1000Mbps using fibre networks.
Switch or set up broadband
When you’ve had a chance to compare deals available in your area, choose the right package for you and your home.
Before you switch, check the terms of your current broadband contract. Some providers require notice and switching early can result in penalties.
Get super fast broadband from just €24 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving