Broadband and phone bundles include a broadband deal along with a home phone plan, all in one package from the same provider.
Why bundle your Broadband & Phone?
- By bundling you can normally get a good discount & save money.
- You’ll only have one monthly bill.
- Some providers do require you to have a phone line to their supply broadband connection to your home, so it can make sense to include a phone plan with your broadband, as the line is there.
Which providers offer broadband and phone deals?
In Ireland there are 8 main providers offering broadband & phone deals including eir, Digiweb, Magnet, Pure Telecom, Sky, Virgin Media & Vodafone.
Phone & broadband packages and providers
Most broadband providers offer a plan that includes a home phone element:
- Digiweb’s broadband and phone deals offer broadband speeds of up to 500Mb, and a variety of calls packages such as off-peak calls to Irish and UK landlines and mobiles. For an additional charge, you can add an international calls package to your Digiweb broadband plan.
- eir’s broadband and phone deals have broadband speeds of up to 100Mb, and call packages which include free calls to Irish and UK mobiles. You can also add on international calls. With all of these packages, the eir Sport pack comes as standard.
- Pure Telecom has a number of broadband and phone package options. Broadband speeds with these bundles go up to 100Mb.
- Sky broadband and phone plans come with broadband speeds up to 75Mb, and either off-peak or anytime calls, depending on which package you opt for.
- Virgin Media is not available all over Ireland. However, in areas where it is available, the provider has several broadband and home phone bundles, with broadband speeds of up to 500Mbps and a variety of different options for your home phone plan.
- Vodafone, have two packages, and you’ll need to decide whether you want to opt for calls to landlines only, or you’d like to be able to call mobiles, too.
What’s the cheapest broadband and phone package?
|Provider||Plan Name||Year 1 Cost|
|Vodafone||Simply Broadband + Home Essentials||€360|
|eir||Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir sport||€410|
|Pure Telecom||Bill Save||€420|
|Sky||Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime||€490|
|Digiweb||Digiweb Broadband Home with Talk Off-Peak||€492|
|Virgin Media||Naked 250 and World Talk||€654|
What should I look for choosing a broadband & phone plan?
When you’re comparing deals there are a few things to think about.
- Price. For most people, price will be the most important factor. You need to look at the monthly cost after the discount ends and any other costs e.g. installation
- Broadband speed. The speed you can get will depend on the broadband provider and the type of broadband available where you live.
- Contract length. Most broadband and phone contracts are 12-18 months long, so be sure to check this before you sign up, and make sure you know when your discount period ends, and how much you will pay after that.
- Calls package. What’s included in calls packages with broadband and phone plans can vary widely between providers. Make sure you check what’s included and opt for the phone plan that suits you.
- Installation costs. Look at the installation costs, as well as the monthly costs. Some providers offer free installation, while with others there’ll be an upfront charge.
Can I get broadband without phone?
Yes however most broadband providers in Ireland do require a phone line to install your broadband connection to your home, this means finding a true broadband-only deal with no phone line difficult. Virgin Media is the only major Irish provider that offers a “true” broadband-only plan without a phone line as they supply the broadband via their cable network.
Do you want to add TV onto your broadband & phone plan?
If you want a TV plan, it might be worth looking at a broadband, TV and home phone bundle. Bundling products from one provider will generally save you money, when compared to getting them from different providers, and there tends to be big discounts on these plans, too.