Existing Sky TV customer? There are lots of upgrade options available.
Upgrading your Sky plan is quick and easy - whether you want to add extra channels or even sign-up for broadband.
You may think that providers reserve the best deals for new customers. But, while it’s true that the biggest discounts are generally offered on initial sign-up, some providers do still offer great upgrade packages and deals - as well as other benefits - to their existing customers.
For example, if you’re a Sky TV customer, you can add on Sky Part Fibre, or upgrade your TV plan to include Sky Box Sets, Sky Kids, Sky HD, Sky Sports and/or Sky Cinema.
Sky Fibre broadband for existing Sky TV customers
If you signed up for a Sky TV plan, but have your broadband with a different provider, it’s highly likely you’ll make decent savings by switching to a broadband deal from Sky, so you can ‘bundle’ your services together with the Sky Broadband add-on for existing Sky TV customers,
Sky offers broadband plans with speeds up to 100Mb, but the speed you get will depend on your type of connection - if you can’t get access to fibre, it’s likely you’ll have to opt for an ADSL plan, which will have an average speed of 10Mb.
Upgrade your Sky TV package
If you’re not interested in switching broadband at the moment, but you do want to beef up your TV package, Sky has some great options for this, too.
You can add on any of the following, for an additional charge per month:
- Sky Box Sets: This add-on comes with over 400 box sets, with new seasons and series being added each week.
- Sky Kids: which has 8 dedicated channels, especially for youngsters. Add Sky Kids today.
- Sky HD: This add-on gives you access to over 40 channels in stunning HD.
- Sky Sports: can also be added on to any Sky TV plan for an additional monthly charge to get access to content like Premier League games, major golf tournaments, and the F1. Add Sky Sports today.
- Sports Extra: Get an unbeatable range of live sport all in one place. With Sports Extra inclusive of BT Sport and Premier Sports, you can enjoy UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, Premier League games, Scottish FA Cup, Champions Cup and Challenge Cup Rugby, plus more Add Sports Extra today.
- Sky Sports & Sports Extra: You can also combine both Sky Sports and Sports Extra where you can enjoy 8 dedicated sports channels and get an unbeatable range of live sport all in one place.
- Sky Cinema: which gets you an additional 11 premium Cinema channels and over 1,000 movies on demand. Add Sky Cinema today.
These add-ons are generally on 31-day contracts, so you won’t be tied into a lengthy deal.
Don’t want to add on broadband to your Sky TV plan?
If you don’t want to add on Sky broadband to your Sky TV plan, but you haven’t switched broadband in a while, it could still be worth considering a new broadband deal.
There are plenty of broadband-only deals out there, with speeds of up to 900Mb, so it’s possible you could get a plan that not only saves you money, but gives you better broadband speed and performance, too.
Sky VIP for existing Sky customers
If you’re an existing Sky customer, it’s worth checking out the Sky VIP loyalty programme.
Depending on how long you’ve been with Sky, you can get benefits like Sky Store Buy&Keep movies, early access to content, and special offers on Sky Q. The programme is divided into four different parts, as follows:
- Sky VIP Silver: If you’ve been with Sky for less than 3 years you’ll get a free welcome gift of a Sky Store Buy&Keep movie, as well as exclusive prize draws and free VIP tickets to things like sports fixtures and cinema previews.
- Sky VIP Gold: If you’ve been with Sky for between 3 and 8 years, you’ll get the same benefits as Silver customers, plus FREE Sky Go Extra, which lets you download your favourite Sky shows and watch when and where you want. On top of this, you’ll be able to access Sky Atlantic VIP and watch some of Sky Atlantic’s new shows 24 hours before anyone else.
- Sky VIP Platinum: If you’ve been with Sky between 8 and 15 years, you’ll get everything available with the Silver and Gold programmes, as well as special offers on Sky Q.
- Sky VIP Diamond: If you’ve been with Sky for 15 years or more, you’ll get all the benefits of the other programmes, as well as FREE Sky Q set-up, FREE home move, and priority customer service with a dedicated phone number.
If you haven’t signed up for Sky VIP just yet, all you need to do is download the My Sky app - and sign up using your Sky account number.
You’ll be able to see on the app which tier you fall in to, and how to access the various benefits. It’s quick and easy, and well worth doing to avail of the benefits on offer.