Existing Sky TV customer? There are lots of upgrade options available.
Upgrading your Sky plan is quick and easy - whether you want to add extra channels or even sign-up for broadband.
Often, broadband customers feel that their providers reserve the best deals for new customers. But, while it’s true that the biggest discounts are generally offered on initial sign-up, some providers do still offer great upgrade packages and deals - as well as other benefits - to their existing customers.
For example, if you’re a Sky TV customer, did you know that you can add on Sky Fibre, or upgrade your TV plan to include Sky Sports and/or Sky Cinema?
Sky Fibre broadband for existing Sky TV customers
If you signed up for a Sky Tv plan, but you have your broadband with a different provider, it’s highly likely you’ll make decent savings by switching to a broadband deal from Sky, so you can ‘bundle’ your services together.
Sky’s superfast unlimited broadband plans offer speeds of up to 100Mbps, and the Sky Q Hub modem works to provide great Wi-Fi speeds and coverage throughout the home.
There are two main plans available:
Both plans come with unlimited broadband, and the main difference between these plans relates to the call package. So, you’ll need to decide whether you’re happy with unlimited off-peak calls to Irish landlines, or you’d like to be able to make anytime calls to Irish landlines, as well as to numbers in 20 international locations.
Whichever plan you go for, as an existing Sky TV customer you’ll save when you upgrade. Plus, it means you’ll only have one provider to deal with when it comes to billing or any queries on your broadband, TV and phone plan.
Upgrade your Sky TV package with Sky Sports and Sky Cinema
If you’re not interested in switching broadband at the moment, but you do want to beef up your TV package, Sky has some great options for this, too.
You can add on:
- Sky Sports, which includes 7 dedicated Sky Sports channels, covering Premier League action, football, cricket, golf, GAA, Rugby and more, plus the exclusive Sky Sports F1 channel for all your F1® coverage.
- Sky Cinema, which comes with 11 dedicated Sky Cinema channels - including Sky Cinema Premiere, Sky Cinema Greats, Sky Cinema Disney and Sky Cinema Comedy - plus pop-up channels dedicated to stars, themes and events, and thousands of movies on demand.
You can also add on Sky Sports and Sky Cinema to get the full package!
These add-ons are generally on 1-month contracts, so you won’t be tied into a lengthy deal, and Sky also offers good discounts for existing customers looking to add these services on.
Don’t want to add on broadband to your Sky TV plan?
If you don’t want to add on Sky broadband to your Sky TV plan, but you haven’t switched broadband in a while, it could still be worth considering a new broadband deal.
There are plenty of broadband-only deals out there, with speeds of up to 240Mb, so it’s possible you could get a plan that not only saves you money, but gives you better broadband speed and performance, too.
Sky VIP for existing Sky customers
If you’re an existing Sky customer, it’s worth checking out the Sky VIP loyalty programme.
Depending on how long you’ve been with Sky, you can get benefits like Sky Store Buy&Keep movies, early access to content, and special offers on Sky Q. The programme is divided into four different parts, as follows:
- Sky VIP Silver. If you’ve been with Sky for less than 3 years will get a free welcome gift of a Sky Store Buy&Keep movie, as well as exclusive prize draws and free VIP tickets to things like sports fixtures and cinema previews.
- Sky VIP Gold. If you’ve been with Sky for between 3 and 8 years, you’ll get the same benefits as Silver customers, as well as FREE Sky Go Extra, which allows you to download your favourite Sky shows to watch when and where you want. On top of this, you’ll be able to access Sky Atlantic VIP, which will allow you to watch some of Sky Atlantic’s new shows 24 hours before anyone else.
- Sky VIP Platinum. If you’ve been with Sky between 8 and 15 years, you’ll get everything available with the Silver and Gold programmes, as well as special offers on Sky Q.
- Sky VIP Black. If you’ve been with Sky for 15 years or more, you’ll get all the benefits of the other programmes, as well as FREE Sky Q set-up, FREE home move and priority customer service, with a dedicated phone number
If you haven’t signed up for Sky VIP just yet, all you need to do is download the My Sky app - if you haven’t already - and sign up using your Sky account number.
You’ll be able to see on the app which tier you fall in to, and how to access the various benefits. It’s quick and easy, and well worth doing to avail of the benefits on offer.