A guide to the basic Sky TV packages
Sky is a popular choice for TV entertainment packages. Here’s all the info you need to find a standalone TV plan, or a package that includes your broadband and phone too.
What does a basic Sky TV package include?
Sky’s standard TV package, Sky Signature includes:
- 90 live channels and over 200 free-to-air channels
- On demand & catch up TV
- Access to 500 box sets
- The ability to pause, rewind and record
- The ability to record four shows and watch a fifth
- Access to Sky Go, for watching TV on the move
Which channels are included?
You get free-to-air channels that includes your terrestrial TV favourites like Channel 4, BBC and RTÉ channels.
Then there’s entertainment channels like Sky Living, Sky Atlantic (the home to Game of Thrones) and Comedy Central.
This is a great value TV only package offering access to some of the best entertainment around.
Sky Signature optional add ons
With Sky’s range of optional extras you can personalise your bundle, to make sure you’re getting all of the channels and content you want.
There are loads of extras you could consider with your basic Sky TV package, including:
- Sky Kids: which has 11 dedicated channels, especially for youngsters.
- Sky HD: which gives you access to over 40 channels in stunning HD.
- Sky Sports: can be added for an extra monthly charge, giving access to content like Premier League games, major golf tournaments, and the F1.
- Sports Extra: includes six dedicated channels for an unbeatable range of live sport. With BT Sports, Premiers Sports and ESPN you can enjoy UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, Premier League games, Scottish FA Cup, Champions Cup, Challenge Cup Rugby & more.
- Sky Cinema: which gets you an additional 11 premium Cinema channels and over 1,000 movies on demand.
- Netflix: Watch uninterrupted episodes of your favourite shows and epic Netflix Originals.
If you want to get access to Virgin Media Sports, you’ll need to sign up directly with Virgin Media and access the content via their app.
How to watch Sky TV in more than one room
Sky Multiscreen lets you watch different Sky TV channels in different rooms, at the same time.
This costs an extra €19 per month, and you’ll also have to pay a one off €120 fee for each Sky Q Mini box you need - one per TV.
Bundling your TV with broadband and phone
If you want to add broadband and your phone to your TV package, Sky bundle deals could suit you.
The Sky Signature with Sky Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime bundle is a popular option.
In addition to all of the features of Sky Signature, this one also comes with Sky Part Fibre broadband, and inclusive off-peak calls to the Republic of Ireland local and national landlines.
Like the TV only deals, with this bundle, you can also choose to add on: Netflix, Sky Kids, Sky HD, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema.