Find broadband in Tipperary
Compare the best broadband and TV deals in Tipperary with our broadband checker. Choose the right plan for you and switch to a better deal.
What broadband can you get in Tipperary?
There are lots of options available, depending on where you live in Tipperary. Here are the main types of broadband you can get:
- ADSL broadband uses an existing landline to provide an internet connection of up to 24Mbps.
- Fibre broadband uses fibre-optic cables and can offer speeds of up to 2,000Mbps. Part fibre connections offer speeds of up to 100Mbps.
- Mobile broadband uses your existing 4G or 5G mobile network to connect you to the internet.
- Satellite broadband works through the installation of a satellite dish and can connect any home, even those in the most rural parts of Ireland.
Broadband providers in Tipperary
The six main broadband providers operate in Tipperary. They include Digiweb, eir, Pure Telecom, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone.
There are also smaller providers that focus on connecting rural areas. Some of Ireland’s rural broadband providers include:
- Regional Broadband
- Rural Broadband
- Rural WiFi
The choice of broadband providers available to you will depend on where you live. Use our eircode checker to discover what’s on offer near you.
What is the fastest broadband in Tipperary?
Home broadband speeds across Tipperary vary depending on where you live and what type of connection you have.
The SIRO network is available in Tipperary, Cashel, Roscrea and Clonmel, so you could get fibre broadband with speeds of up to 2Gb. Our guide, Should you choose SIRO broadband? explains more about the fibre to the home technology.
You can’t buy directly from SIRO, but suppliers like Vodafone offer super-fast plans via the SIRO network.
You can check if fibre broadband is available in your town by using the eircode checker at the top of the table.
If you don’t have access to fibre or part fibre where you live, an ADSL connection could still offer a fast, reliable broadband connection, and if you live in a more remote part, there are still rural broadband choices.
What is the cheapest broadband in Tipperary?
Opting for the cheapest broadband deal without doing any research will probably result in a plan that doesn’t meet your needs. Here are a few things to consider once you’ve found out what’s available in your area:
- What broadband speed do you need?
- What type of connection do you want?
- What type of package do you want?
- What length of contract do you want?
- What is your budget?
Types of broadband package
- Broadband-only: A good option if you make all your calls on your mobile and don’t want digital TV.
- Broadband, phone and TV: Bundling all three services together may bring the biggest savings. Look out for useful extras you may need, like international calls or Sky Sports.
Comparing broadband deals in Tipperary
Once you’ve decided what you want your broadband plan to include, you can start comparing deals using the comparison table. We can then walk you through the easy switch process. Our guide, How to switch broadband providers explains more.
If you’ve signed up for a broadband service and it doesn’t work out as expected, you have a 14 day cooling off period in which to cancel penalty free. We’ve also put together a guide on your broadband consumer rights.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving