Sky Ireland Broadband & TV Packages
Compare Sky broadband bundles and TV deals. Find great offers on superfast super-unlimited Sky fibre broadband, TV and home phone packages. Choose a Sky TV plan and add HD, Disney+, Sky Sports or Sky Cinema.
Next Generation 1TB Sky Q Box
Get Sky Cinema from €12 p/m
Get Sky Sports from €20 p/m
Winner at the Switcher.ie
Broadband Awards 2023
- Best Broadband Bundle
- Best TV Content
- TV Provider of the Year
Why choose Sky Ireland?
- Sky offers a range of great value broadband bundles & TV
- Sky TV is best-in-class, winning Best TV Provider at the Switcher.ie Awards for the last seven years
- All Sky broadband deals include phone line rental and you can keep your existing number
- Sky offers great introductory discounts, so you can usually make significant savings in year one
- You get the Sky Q Hub as standard when you sign up, Sky’s best ever wireless router
Sky is a triple-play provider, offering broadband, TV and home phone packages.
What packages can you get with Sky?
You can pick the broadband bundle you want or choose Sky TV as a standalone plan.
Sky Fibre Broadband & Home Phone
All Sky broadband deals include Sky phone line rental and come with a talk plan, which you can upgrade to include Anytime or International calls. The cheapest Sky broadband and phone package is the Sky Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime.
Sky TV, Broadband, & Home Phone
If you’re considering bundling your Sky services, there are plenty of options. One of the best value bundles is the Sky Signature with Sky Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime plan, which has unlimited fibre broadband with speeds up to 100Mb.
Can you get Sky TV without broadband?
Yes, you can get Sky TV in Ireland without bundling broadband or phone calls.
If you don’t need broadband or a call plan, but want the Sky TV, Movies and Sports channels, a standalone TV package could be for you. You can mix and match to create your perfect TV bundle, so you only pay for the TV you want to watch.
What is Sky Q Lite?
Sky Q Lite brings you 100+ free-to-air channels, apps and recordings all in one place. Control it all with your voice and enjoy a premium viewing experience at an affordable price.
You can bundle with any broadband product, but you’ll need to upgrade to Signature or Ultimate to bundle Sports, Cinema & Boxsets.
What is Sky Signature?
It’s the name of Sky’s basic TV package that comes with:
- Over 300 channels, including 100+ not on free-to-air
- Over 40 catch up channels
- 10,000 hours of TV on demand
- 500 box sets
How does it work?
You don’t have to have Sky broadband to enjoy Sky Signature, but you’ll need a satellite dish installed at your property by a Sky engineer to connect to the service.
You’ll also get a Sky Q box which allows you to:
- Store up to 500 hours of TV
- Record up to six programmes and watch a seventh
- Rewind, pause and restart live TV
Once you’ve signed up, you can download the Sky Go app on your mobile, tablet and laptop and watch your top TV picks while on the move.
What TV channels are included with Sky Signature?
There’s an epic number of top films and shows to keep the whole family entertained all year round. Here’s a taste of what to expect:
- 200+ free-to-air channels e.g. Channel 4, BBC, and RTÉ
- 100+ channels not on free-to-air e.g. Gold, Discovery and MTV
- 18 dedicated Sky channels covering every guilty pleasure e.g. Sky Max, Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy, Sky Documentaries, Sky History and Sky Showcase
- TV on demand, including US specials e.g. Succession and The Flight Attendant
- Catch up TV e.g. RTÉ Player and Virgin Media Player
You can also feast on 500 box sets like Succession, The Sopranos, The Wire and Game of Thrones, plus access 200 Sky originals like Chernobyl.
What about sports channels?
Access to all live GAA games are included as part of your Sky Signature package, plus these sports channels:
- Eurosport 1
- Eurosport 2
- Sky sports mix
- Sky sports news
- Sky sports racing
If this isn’t enough to satisfy your appetite, you can add on Sky Sports or Sports Extra, for a wider choice of sports and coverage.
What is Sky Ultimate TV?
If you get the Sky Ultimate Pack, as well as all the benefits of the Sky Signature package, you’ll also get Netflix Basic.
This package lets you stream the full range of Netflix films and programmes on one device in SD.
To upgrade to Netflix Standard which lets you watch your programmes on two devices in HD, you can add the Sky HD pack.
To upgrade to Netflix Premium which lets you watch on four devices in Ultra HD, just add the Sky UHD pack.
If you already have Netflix, you don’t need to cancel it. Sky can move your account across and you should save money by only having one subscription.
What is Sky Glass?
Sky Glass is the only TV with ‘Sky inside’, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi, so no satellite dish or set-top box is required.
It’s available in five colours and sizes, all viewers need to do is plug and play to stream Ultra HD Sky content and access favourite apps with voice commands or the Sky Glass remote.
The price starts from as little as €15 per month plus a Sky Ultimate TV subscription, or you can buy outright, with prices from €755 to €1,299 for the 65” TV.
What extras can you add to your Sky package?
You can customise your Sky Signature package by adding on one or more of these extras to suit your viewing preferences:
- Sky Sports: comes with 8 dedicated channels e.g Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports NFL. Enjoy Premier League matches, EFL Golf majors and much more.
- Sports Extra: combines BT Sport e.g. UEFA Champions League, Champions Cup Rugby, and Premier Sport e.g. LaLiga TV, for the ultimate sports’ showdown.
- Sky Cinema: has 12 channels in HD, offering over 1,000 movies on demand, including a brand new premiere each day. Plus you can now enjoy free access to Paramount+ for a huge range of films and shows in every genre.
- Netflix (Ultimate TV add-on): gives you access to unlimited films and shows of every genre. Stream uninterrupted episodes of your favourite dramas e.g. Ratched and Bridgerton on any device, whenever you fancy.
- Sky Kids: gets you 8 dedicated channels e.g. Baby TV and Nickelodeon, plus access to the Sky Kids app and over 5,000 episodes of their favourite programmes e.g. Peppa Pig, SpongeBob Squarepants and Paw Patrol.
- Disney+: gets you access to five magical worlds: Disney, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic and Star Wars. Find out more about the content that’s included in our dedicated Disney+ guide.
- HD: lets you enjoy over 40 channels in HD e.g. Sky Atlantic and MTV. Pair this add-on with Sky Ultimate TV Pack and you can watch Netflix on a second device too.
- Ultra HD & HD: gets you mind-blowing clarity on selected shows, with 4x the detail of HD. You can also watch Netflix on four devices by pairing this add-on with Sky Ultimate TV.
- Multiscreen: means less fights over who gets control of the remote as you can watch on a second TV. If two screens still aren’t enough, you can add up to three extra Sky Q mini boxes to expand your choice of screens.
How much does each add-on cost?
|Sky add-on||Monthly cost|
|Sky Sports||€20 a month for 12 months, then €40|
|Sports Extra||€17 a month for 12 months, then €34|
|Sky Cinema||€12 a month for 12 months, then €20|
|Netflix (Ultimate TV add-on)||€6 a month|
|Sky Kids||€8 a month|
|Disney+||€8.99 a month|
|HD||€10 a month|
|Ultra HD & HD||€14 a month|
|Multiscreen||€19 a month|
The add-ons are on a rolling 31 day contract and there are multi-buy offers available:
Sky Ireland deals for existing Sky TV customers
If you have Sky TV but your broadband is with a different provider, you could save by switching to a fibre broadband deal from Sky.
You can bundle your services with the Sky Broadband add-on for existing Sky TV customers.
Sky offers broadband plans with speeds up to 1Gb, but the speed you can get will depend on the type of connection available in your area and the deal you choose.
How to become a Sky VIP
Once you’re a Sky customer, it’s worth checking out the Sky VIP loyalty programme which is free to join. You’ll enjoy access to tickets, experiences, tech & more. Here are the four VIP tiers:
- Sky VIP Silver: If you’ve been with Sky for up to 3 years you’ll get access to exclusive experiences and VR.
- Sky VIP Gold: If you’ve been a Sky customer for 3-8 years, you’ll get the above, plus free fibre set up and Sky Go Extra, which lets you download your favourite Sky shows, even when you’re not online.
- Sky VIP Platinum: If you’ve been with Sky for 8-15 years, you’ll get all the above, plus rewards on Sky Q.
- Sky VIP Diamond: If you’ve been a Sky customer for 15+ years, as well as all the above you’ll get exclusive discounts on the Sky Soundbox.
If you haven’t signed up for Sky VIP yet, all you need to do is download the My Sky app and sign up using your Sky account number.
You’ll be able to see on the app which tier you fall into, and how to access the various benefits. Plus, you’ll even get a free welcome gift.
Sky broadband vs eir, Virgin Media and Vodafone
If you’re wondering how Sky compares to the other major providers, Sky operates off the eir wholesale broadband network, so their broadband service is similar to what you’d get from eir or Vodafone.
In terms of TV, they all offer the option to tailor a package to your needs but Sky is the only provider that lets you enjoy their TV as a standalone plan.
How do you switch to Sky?
Switching to Sky is quick and easy. Just choose which plan you’re interested in and fill in a few details, including your address and bank details.
Sky will look for your Universal Account Number, or UAN, which is an eight digit number used by telecom providers to identify phone lines.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched.
You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with Sky so you experience as little downtime as possible.
Once the switch happens, you can then cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.
Sky broadband, phone & TV FAQs
Can I access Virgin Media Sports with Sky TV?
If you want to get access to Virgin Media Sports, you’ll need to sign up directly with Virgin Media and access the content via their app.
Can I stream Sky TV without a contract?
Yes. With Now you can stream the Sky TV content you love on a rolling month by month basis.
Find out more about the Sky passes available, cost per month, and other streaming services on offer in our TV streaming guide.
Can I watch Sky TV in more than one room?
Yes. Sky Multiscreen lets you watch different Sky TV channels in two different rooms, at the same time.
If you want to watch Sky TV in more than two rooms, you’ll need to buy additional Sky Q mini boxes. You’ll need one mini box per extra TV and can have up to three in your household.
How fast is Sky Broadband?
It depends on which services you want, which package you choose and what’s available in your area. Your main options are:
- Sky Broadband Essential: 10Mb/s average broadband speed, with no download limit.
- Sky Broadband Superfast: A part fibre package with speeds of up to 100Mb/s and no download limit, making it great for streaming video and music, gaming, and larger households with multiple devices.
- Sky Broadband Ultrafast: Download speeds of up to 1Gb/s where available, making it perfect for gaming and streaming on all devices at once, fast.
How long are Sky's contracts?
Sky’s contracts normally last for 12 months. Often, Sky packages offer great discounts for the first year but thereafter, your monthly cost will increase.
Can I get Sky Broadband without line rental?
Yes, you can get standalone broadband or full fibre without a home phone plan. If you decide at a later date, you want a Freetime or Anytime plan you can add Sky Talk VoIP separately from €5.00 per month.
Is Sky Broadband unlimited?
Yes. Sky Broadband doesn’t have a fair usage or traffic management policy, allowing you to download as much as you want, whenever you want.
You can share, stream and download your favourite shows, movies or music all at the same time, and never have to worry about download limits.