Why choose Sky?
- Sky Ireland offers broadband speeds of up to 100Mb and has recently announced a partnership with SIRO, which means it will be starting to offer lightning speed broadband - up to 1,000Mbps - in 2018.
- Broadband packages from Sky start from as low as €35 and Sky’s TV service is considered best-in-class - the provider has won the Best TV Provider’ award at the Switcher.ie Awards for the last 4 years.
- Sky has a range of TV-only, broadband and TV, and broadband, TV and phone plans, so you’re sure to find something to suit you.
- Sky’s plans generally offer a large introductory discount, which means you can usually make significant savings in year one.
Sky’s best deals and packages
Sky’s cheapest broadband and phone package is the Sky Fibre Unlimited & Talk Freetime plan, which is just €35 for the first 12 months, and €55 thereafter.
However, if you can’t live without Sky TV, you could consider the Sky Original TV Bundle + Sky Fibre Unlimited & Talk Freetime plan, which has unlimited broadband with speeds of up to 100Mb, and comes with TV and phone, too.
Meanwhile if you’re looking for a TV-only deal, the Sky Original TV Bundle plan might work for you - it’s €29.50 per month.
‘Sky Fibre Unlimited’ does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management, allowing you to download as much as you want, whenever you want.
- Anyone signing up to Sky broadband will get the Sky Q Hub as standard. This is Sky’s best ever wireless router, so you’ll always have the best signal available.
- When you sign up to Sky broadband, you’ll pay €50 for your Sky Hub if you don’t opt for a TV plan - otherwise, it’s free. If you go for a plan with TV, you’ll pay €30 for the TV installation.
- When you switch to Sky you can keep your existing phone number.
- Sky TV is considered best-in-class, with Sky customers getting access to on-demand content like Game of Thrones and 24.
- Sky customers can register for Sky VIP, which gives loyal Sky customers benefits like Sky Store Buy&Keep movies, early access to content, and special offers on Sky Q.
Sky packages explained
Sky offers a variety of different packages, with fibre broadband speeds of up to 100Mbps available. Sky broadband currently operates on the eir network, so it’s widely available throughout the country, and Sky has recently signed a deal with SIRO to provide even faster speeds, too.
Broadband & Phone from Sky
Sky has a number of broadband and phone packages, which range in price, depending on the call package you’re interested in.
Broadband, Phone & TV from Sky
If you want to bundle your broadband, phone and TV altogether you’ll have plenty of options with Sky - the channels, broadband speed and phone package you want are really important to think about before signing up.
Sky broadband speeds
Sky currently offers broadband speeds up to 100Mbps and has recently announced it is partnering with SIRO and will start to offer 1,000Mbps broadband in 2018.
More about Sky Ireland
How do I find my UAN number on my Sky bill?
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is an eight digit number which is used by telecom providers to identify phone lines. If you’re a Sky customer, you can find your UAN at the top of your bill.
What is the phone number for Sky’s customer service?
If you are an existing customer and you need to contact Sky directly, you can do so via their website, or call 0818 719 852.
Switching to Sky Broadband
Switching to Sky is quick and easy. All you need to do is choose which plan you’re interested in and fill in a few details, including your address and bank details. Sky will also look for your UAN.
When switching provider it’s unlikely that your phone service will be affected, but a loss of broadband service can sometimes occur temporarily during the switching process.
Make sure you contact your current provider to ensure you’re free to switch, and give them the required notice so that you’re not charged after you’ve switched. You’ll be able to arrange a cut-off date with them for service and then you can confirm an installation date with Sky so you experience as little downtime as possible. Once the switch happens, make sure you cancel any Direct Debits with your current provider.
How long is my contract with Sky?
Sky’s contracts generally last for 12 months. Often, Sky offers discounts for the full duration of the first 12 months, so you can make significant savings.
Can I add TV on to my Sky broadband plan?
Yes, many people do choose to add TV on to their Sky broadband - or even opt for a standalone TV deal with Sky - as their TV product is one of the best out there.
On top of great content on channels like Sky Atlantic, TV customers also get benefits like the ability to pause, rewind and record live TV, as well as the ability to take content on the move with Sky’s variety of TV apps.