Avant Money credit cards
Avant Money offers two credit cards to borrowers in Ireland. They share some great features, but one may be more suitable than the other, depending on your situation.
Up to 25% interest refund on Reward+ card
0% balance, purchases & money transfers on One card
This card has one of Ireland’s best interest-free introductory offers. It’s the ideal choice for:
- making purchases
- transferring your existing credit card balance
- money transfers
You can find out more about the card’s benefits on the Avant Money website.
The Reward+ card offers a €100 cashback, plus get rewarded every month with a 25% interest refund.
- Enjoy a €100 cashback when you spend €500 in the first 3 months of your account opening.
- Earn a refund of up to 25% on interest charged for purchases. Refunds are payable monthly to a maximum of €24 per statement.
* €100 cashback subject to a minimum monthly spend of €500 in the first three months with cashback payable within six months of account opening. **25% interest refund rewarded for making your minimum payment.
Why should you choose an Avant credit card?
As well as the benefits outlined above, Avant cards also offer:
- Access to the Avantages loyalty programme
- Secure online shopping with 3D Secure 2 factor authentication
- Up to 56 days of no interest on purchases*
- The option to add three extra cardholders to your account for free
- The ability to track your spending using your My Avant Money account
*You need to pay your balance off in full and on time each month.
Check if an Avant credit card is right for you by comparing them against other cards using our comparison.
What is the Avantages loyalty programme?
It gives all Avant credit card customers access to:
- over 300 offers
- discounts and cashback offers from hundreds of your top pick brands
- exclusive experiences and competitions with big prizes up for grabs
- a bank of courses, blogs and articles
You’ll need to register your card and set up your online Avant Money account. Once you’ve done this, you can sign up for Avantages and start banking your rewards.
How to do a balance transfer
If you’ve got other credit card balances you’re paying interest on, it’s easy to do a balance transfer and move what you owe over to Avant Money.
Simply call with the details of the card and balance you’re transferring over and Avant will sort the rest.
The cut off for next day transfers is 14:30 in the week, after that or during weekends and public holidays it’s two working days.
More about Avant Money
They started out under the brand name of MBNA, then Avantcard and now Avant Money and they’re supported by their Spanish parent company, Bankinter.
They offer mortgages, credit cards and personal loans and what they do is underpinned by their five core values: Simplicity, Teamwork, Caring, Trust and Daring.
Avant Money credit card FAQs
How long will my Avant credit card take to arrive?
It will take 5 to 7 working days to reach you from when you order it.
How do I do a money transfer from my Avant card?
If you need to transfer funds from your credit card directly into your current account, just call the Avant Money team and they will arrange it all for you.
Call before 14:30 in the week and the funds will be transferred in one working day. After 14:30, at the weekend and on bank holidays it’s two working days.
Compare the best credit cards in Ireland
Find the top 0% purchase & balance transfer deals with our credit card comparison.