Mortgages from Avant Money
Avant Money offers some of Ireland’s lowest interest rates on mortgages, loans and credit cards. They use a panel of brokers to ensure you get the best mortgage product to suit your needs.
What do Avant Money mortgages offer?
Avant Money offers low rate mortgages for every type of borrower with expert advice from a panel of mortgage brokers. Some of the reasons you might choose a mortgage from Avant Money include:
Whether you’re a first time borrower, mover or switcher, it’s best to compare Avant Money’s mortgage rates with what’s on offer from other lenders too.
Avant Money mortgages
Here’s a closer look at what Avant Money offers its mortgage customers.
Specially selected brokers
Avant Money mortgages are available exclusively from selected mortgage brokers.
Mortgage brokers have access to a panel of lenders and can help you choose the right mortgage to suit your circumstances.
They’re regulated and authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland to provide financial advice to consumers.
Why use a broker?
Getting a mortgage is a major financial decision, so obtaining expert advice is strongly recommended. It’s a mortgage broker’s job to:
- understand your needs and recommend the right type of mortgage for your circumstances
- compare different lenders to help you find the lowest interest rates
- help you to complete your mortgage application
- advise you on all the supporting documents you need to provide for a successful application
Competitive fixed term rates
Avant Money offer 3, 4, 5, 7 or 10 year fixed rate mortgages with interest rates starting from 3.85%.
The APRC (Annual Percentage Rate of Charge) allows you to compare mortgage costs fairly. It takes into account all the costs over the mortgage term, such as set-up charges and interest rates.
The interest rate you are offered will depend on your Loan to Value (LTV) which is the amount you want to borrow as a percentage of the value of your home. The smaller your LTV, the lower your interest rate will be.
Avant Money offers a long-term fixed rate mortgage, with interest rates starting from 3.95% for mortgage terms of 15, 20, 25 and 30 years.
The One Mortgage offers you the chance to:
- secure a low interest rate for up to 30 years
- fix one rate for your entire mortgage term
- overpay up to 10%, or move house with no fees
More from Avant Money
Originally known as MBNA and Avantcard, Avant Money has been offering credit products in Ireland since 1997. As Avant Money, they now provide low rate mortgages, personal loans and credit cards.
Avant Money is part of the Bankinter group and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Avant Money mortgage FAQs
How do I switch my mortgage to Avant Money?
Switching your mortgage may sound complicated, but Avant Money will recommend a mortgage broker who will explain the process and show you how much you can save.
If you’re happy to go ahead with the switch, they will advise on what happens next and guide you through the application.
The lower interest rate and difference in monthly repayments can add up to considerable savings over the term of the mortgage, potentially saving you thousands.
How long will it take for my application to Avant Money to be approved?
Avant Money say that upon receipt of your application and required documents, they will:
- Contact you within three business days to acknowledge your application and request any further information
- Let you know their decision on your mortgage application within ten business days of receiving all the information
- If they can’t make a decision within ten business days they will tell you why and indicate when they’re likely to make a decision
How much can I borrow from Avant Money?
It will depend on your earnings and whether you are a first time buyer or another type of borrower.
Our guide How much can I borrow with a mortgage? tells you all need to know about how lenders work out the amount of mortgage they can lend you.
Online mortgage calculators help provide ballpark figures but do not guarantee the amount you will be approved for.
What do I need for my meeting with a mortgage broker?
The more prepared you are for the meeting with your broker, the faster your application can be processed.
It’s helpful if you have the following documents to hand:
- Proof of identity, e.g. a passport or a driving licence
- Proof of address, e.g. a recent utility bill dated within the last three months
- Current account statements for the last six months
- Statements for any loans you may have for the last six months
- Statements to show you have saved the required deposit
- Last three consecutive payslips and a salary certificate from your employer
- Employment Detail Summary, which is available from the revenue.ie website
- Current account statements for your business for the last six months
- A tax clearance certificate or accountant certification that your taxes are up to date.
- Your most recent two years’ audited/certified accounts
- Your last two years’ Revenue Form 11, or your last two years Chapter 4 and indicative notices of assessment (if applicable)