Mortgages from Allied Irish Bank (AIB)
AIB, one of Ireland’s biggest banks, offers a range of mortgages to suit every homeowner. Whether you’re buying your first home, switching or buying to let, AIB has a mortgage for every stage of your homeowner journey.
What mortgages do AIB offer?
AIB offer a wide range of mortgages for all types of borrower.
- First-time buyers: AIB offer helpful mortgage tools and expert advice to make buying your first home a little easier.
- Home movers: AIB offer tips, tools and visual guides on buying and selling your house to support your move.
- Switching: AIB makes remortgaging hassle-free so you can save money on your mortgage. They even give you €2,000 for switching.
- Building your own home: AIB helps you through the process of financing your build with budgeting tools and staging your costs.
- Topping up: AIB can top up your mortgage to help you fund home improvements and renovation costs.
- Buying to let: AIB will offer expert advice and competitive rates to property investors and landlords.
No matter what type of borrower you are, it’s best to compare Bank of Ireland mortgages rates with what’s on offer from other lenders too.
Why get a mortgage with AIB?
There are lots of reasons why AIB is one of Ireland’s most popular mortgage lenders:
- Online mortgage tools: AIB provide smart mortgage tools to help you manage and track your application.
- Competitive rates: AIB offer a choice of market-leading fixed and variable rate mortgages.
- Green mortgages: AIB reward customers for energy-efficient homes with discounted interest rates.
- Support every step of the way: AIB offer a superb array of videos, mortgage calculators, tips, guides and web chat advice from experts.
AIB mortgage offers in focus
AIB offer discounted mortgage rates for borrowers with A1 to B3 energy rated homes.
If you are buying or building a new home and have a Building Energy Rating (BER) certificate to prove your home’s energy rating is better than B3, you could benefit from a lower rate deal with their Green 5 Year Fixed Rate. It’s available for:
- New customers buying or building a home with a BER between A1 and B3
- Existing customers with over 5 years left on loan and a BER between A1 and B3
- Customers who top-up their mortgage to make their home more energy efficient
To find out more about obtaining a BER cert, visit SEAI.ie for further information.
My Mortgage - Ireland’s first online mortgage tool
Once you’ve got an approval in principle, log-in on your mobile, tablet or desktop and be in control of your mortgage wherever you are. Here’s what you can do on My Mortgage:
- Upload documents requested
- Download documents and useful templates
- View progress and track your application
- Webchat with an advisor any time
More from AIB
Allied Irish Bank, simply known as AIB, is Ireland’s largest bank with over 200 branches across the country. They offer a full range of personal, business and corporate banking services as well as insurance and pensions.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is an authorised agent and servicer of AIB Mortgage Bank u.c. and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Compare mortgage rates & deals
Find the best first time buyer and home mover mortgage deals in Ireland using our comparison.
AIB mortgages FAQs
How long does AIB mortgage approval take?
Once you have formally made your application, AIB will confirm within three business days that they have all the information required or let you know if there is anything missing.
They will then take up to ten business days to give you a decision about your application. If for any reason it takes them longer they will let you know why and request any further information needed.
It’s helpful to have all your documents ready when you apply because this will make the application process faster.
How much deposit do I need for an AIB mortgage?
First Time Buyers (FTBs) will need a minimum 10% deposit. First Time Buyers purchasing a newly built home may also benefit from the Government’s Help to Buy (HTB) incentive.
Home movers and other borrowers need an LTV of 80% which means they need to cover 20% of the property price.
What documents do I need to apply for an AIB mortgage?
You will normally need to supply the following to support your application:
- Proof of your identity such as a passport or a driving licence
- 6 months personal current account statements
- 12 months savings account statements showing funds
- Statements showing your last 12 repayments for any existing mortgages held
- Statements for recent loans outstanding or closed
- Pay-slips for the last 2 months
- Salary Certificate
- Two years’ certified/audited accounts
- 6 months business bank account statements
AIB provide a useful mortgage checklist if you need further information.